AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

hi guys!
i think i found a bug!
i'm playng AND 2.2 beta2 rev788

when a make buildings in my cities they don't appear in the map, i mean the 3d models of the buildings dont appear!
the only ones who appear are the great wonders, the city walls and the castle.

this is a screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sd6atbg0i93ti64/Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

as you can see not even lighthouse and port appear in the city! neither market or temples etc :confused:

i've tried many times to wipe all out and installing AND again but doesnt work!
but i've tried to load my old version of AND1.75 and there it all works fine!

so it is a AND2.2 problem i think.

what do you think about it guys?

Not a bug, it's a feature. Most buildings are hidden because showing them all might lead to crash. There's a variable that you can change to show them all, I think it's in GlobalDefines but I'm not sure. Anyway I suggest you don't change it because it might cause CTD

oh :S

i've found it!
Spoiler :

<!-- Use the following to determine what building art is displayed on cities. It is a bitmask of flags which may be added together: 1 = Wonders 2 = city defences 128 = other We default to Wonders and city defenses (1+2 = 3) -->

<DefineName>SHOW_BUILDINGS_LEVEL</DefineName>

<iDefineIntVal>3</iDefineIntVal>

so, if i change it in 128 the game can show all buildings, right?

P.S sei italiano? xD

More on the Via Appia, is it a once off effect, that it will connect all your cities at time of building with paved roads, or is it an ongoing effect, which is as I read it, and any further cities will be automatically connected via paved roads, once connected via say a cart path.

Spoiler :

Mouse over seems to read, will connect ALL cities Via paved roads, so as a city is settled, it will be connected.

I've concurred 4 Roman cities, 2 of which are out of Anarchy, but they haven't been connected Via paved roads, even though I have a path, and have played a couple of turns.

Please note, I have the 25:gold: at the moment, but no further connections.

Another Bug, Other nations Technological advances is listed x 2 and it should read "Our Technological advances have benefited the world." and be there only once.

Spoiler :

I've never understood when do you trigger "Our technological advances have benefited the world!" Is this from projects?

Actually I made a mistake, it should be listed twice, but once for yourself, the +4 and once for other players, the +1.

One of the AI's had built a world project, that I decided had no value for me to build.

So it should read, for own projects, "Our Technological advances have benifited the world", not "Other nations...." for your own projects.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13401367 said:
You're right, it doesn't work. I've never noticed because I don't use that feature. I'll see what I can do. Thank you for reporting it.

Thank you so much.
Will the next update correct it? I really love this great mod. But this problem stop me keeping play it since last year. After a update, city never automatically build any unit:sad:

I have Always War option on.

Two events (the one with a mediator and the one with prisoner being returned) fired. I was curious if clicking on stop war did anything. Nope. So I think there should be a way for these events to be turned off with Always War option on.

I've come across some strangeness with AI wonder building. In a couple of games, the Lascaux Caves are built in the very first turn. Then, in my most recent game, there were *seven* ancient wonders built by the AI on a single turn. Is there something strange here? FYI, all games on Epic/Emperor.

I've come across some strangeness with AI wonder building. In a couple of games, the Lascaux Caves are built in the very first turn. Then, in my most recent game, there were *seven* ancient wonders built by the AI on a single turn. Is there something strange here? FYI, all games on Epic/Emperor.

First turn of the game? The first turn the wonders are available?

As always, post saves.

First turn of the game? The first turn the wonders are available?

As always, post saves.

I don't have any examples from the first turn, but I've attached the second example I mentioned above. Pre-Wonder is turn 117, two turns before the seven wonders were built. Post-Wonder is right after the wonders were build - looking into WB, all seven wonders were built on the same turn in the same city (Aksum).

Attachments

• Pre-Wonders.CivBeyondSwordSave
    549.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Post-Wonders.CivBeyondSwordSave
    555.3 KB · Views: 59
I've come across some strangeness with AI wonder building. In a couple of games, the Lascaux Caves are built in the very first turn.
If you use Advanced Start it is possible to build (buy) LC on the very first turn. Once I did myself.
Dunno if the AI does that.

Hi,
is it just me or is there a problem with multiplayer? I just downloaded latest revision and attempt to launch hotseat multiplayer game cause crash:( I tested both scenario and new game options with no luck. Error message before crash says something wrong with leaderheads..

Hi,
is it just me or is there a problem with multiplayer? I just downloaded latest revision and attempt to launch hotseat multiplayer game cause crash:( I tested both scenario and new game options with no luck. Error message before crash says something wrong with leaderheads..

Post screenshots / Logs.

Thanks for answering. Screenshot is not possible, game crash during launching..

Where can I find logs? Do I have to enable something or logging is automated?

This was clean instal, game says rev 792. We have played years hotseat games with AND but last time was couple of hundred revisions ago:lol:

Another question, why only 3 civics gives fixed boarders? There used to be also modern civics that gave you fixed boarders. After all that used to be the whole point of fixed boarders, culture has very little to do with state boarders in stable parts of modern world.

Thanks for answering. Screenshot is not possible, game crash during launching..

Where can I find logs? Do I have to enable something or logging is automated?

Documents/My Games/Beyond The Sword/Logs.

Logging needs to be turned on in the civilization.ini, located in Documents/My Games/Beyond The Sword

Another question, why only 3 civics gives fixed boarders? There used to be also modern civics that gave you fixed boarders. After all that used to be the whole point of fixed boarders, culture has very little to do with state boarders in stable parts of modern world.

For the government category civics, they have been redesigned to fit playstyles, not 'eras' of the game. There is nothing wrong with running Despotism late game, it is a strong civic. Newer civics are not automatically better.

Top Bottom