AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

No, I see that, its to the LEFT of Caste system, its an incomplete link, that continues into Caste system box, from the left to the centre, and heads towards priesthood.

That's a link going from Priesthood to Caste System. We're apparently not allowed to do vertical arrows. The way I have techs laid out on the tree is that each column is supposed to be one "level" of technology, although if there are more than 9 or 10 techs at a particular level, then I spread them out over two columns to avoid having techs right on top of each other.

Caste System's requirements are Priesthood OR Slavery, plus Mysticism. Mysticism is level 2 (Ritualism), Slavery is level 2 (Hunting OR Ritualism), and Priesthood is level 3 (Mysticism + Ceremonial Burial), so Caste System is level 3 (lowest-level combination).

The only line I could run to Caste System is from Priesthood. I don't want to move Caste System forwards or Priesthood backwards; I don't want Caste System to just hang with no lines going to it; and I can't run the line from Slavery because it would have to run underneath Sacrifice, which we really don't want. This was the unfortunate least of all evils option.

Some x turns after settling the city this happened, maybe is related whit the issue that I mentioned on another tread whit the wonder being built very early

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 77
Some x turns after settling the city this happened, maybe is related whit the issue that I mentioned on another tread whit the wonder being built very early

:eek:

Time to start flooding the lands with settlers while you still have that cash :lol:

Sorry I don't have the save, did not made one, but when I reloaded an earlier autosave worked well no bug, and It can't be a overflow issue I just settled the city and started whit a worker
It may be some error from my part maybe I need to reinstall
There is another issue whit units that have unlimited promotion capabilities I happened to me once whit the starting scout and I've seen animals whit all the promotion available

Sorry I don't have the save, did not made one, but when I reloaded an earlier autosave worked well no bug, and It can't be a overflow issue I just settled the city and started whit a worker
It may be some error from my part maybe I need to reinstall
There is another issue whit units that have unlimited promotion capabilities I happened to me once whit the starting scout and I've seen animals whit all the promotion available
That's "unlimited xp", it's a feature that's supposed to be off, it was imported from c2c but not meant to be used. It got activated accidentally in one of the latest revision. If you start a new game it shouldn't happen, I think it only happens with games started with an older revision, before 798 I think

45°38'N-13°47'E;13431236 said:
That's "unlimited xp", it's a feature that's supposed to be off, it was imported from c2c but not meant to be used. It got activated accidentally in one of the latest revision. If you start a new game it shouldn't happen, I think it only happens with games started with an older revision, before 798 I think

That doesn't seem possible since the game option for unlimited xp is literally gone from the code base.

That doesn't seem possible since the game option for unlimited xp is literally gone from the code base.
Well, I recall this happening months ago before you came back and it happened every time I changed some options by adding or removing them. This was a very common issue, along with religions not being founded due to Divine Prophets getting activated accidentally. Only solution was to delete options in civilization.ini. anyway other options are getting activated or deactivated by mistake if you play a game with an older revision.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13431623 said:
Well, I recall this happening months ago before you came back and it happened every time I changed some options by adding or removing them. This was a very common issue, along with religions not being founded due to Divine Prophets getting activated accidentally. Only solution was to delete options in civilization.ini. anyway other options are getting activated or deactivated by mistake if you play a game with an older revision.

Right, I can see that being possible with the old save format for game options. The problem is that there is no way Unlimited XP can be turned on. There is nothing to turn on.

However I am not trying to say you are crazy. If you can point me to a few saves where this happens, I will take a look.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13431623 said:
Well, I recall this happening months ago before you came back and it happened every time I changed some options by adding or removing them. Only solution was to delete options in civilization.ini. anyway other options are getting activated or deactivated by mistake if you play a game with an older revision.

Thank you! Solved my problem with Lib.Spi't's Fallout Tame The Wastes mod!

Delete options in civilization.ini! Great! :goodjob:

PS: sorry if this is off-topic...

Thank you! Solved my problem with Lib.Spi't's Fallout Tame The Wastes mod!

Delete options in civilization.ini! Great! :goodjob:

PS: sorry if this is off-topic...
Lol, happy I've helped you anyway :)

rev 802

Civilopedia says that Kong Miao is giving free Moral promotion, though it should be gone by now, isn't it?

I'm fixing it in the next build, later today. I kept meaning to remove it and never got around to it.

I just updated to 804, and I can say that Unlimited National Units is definitely on. The national unit limits are completely missing. I even deleted my Civ4.ini file to see if that had an effect, and it didn't.

Two other things I noticed while playing games with 802 + my next batch of revisions. I'm not sure what might have an impact there.

First, the AI players are beelining Literature like crazy. I have seen Hinduism be founded twice before Judaism, which is not a good thing.

Second, when Starting as Minors, the AI is too willing to throw away Warrior units attacking a city with fortified Archers. A Warrior is not going to get past two Archers in a city, especially after Warfare. I generally head straight to Warfare to get the free Great General before heading to Writing, so that's why I stay as a minor civ for some time in the early game.

I just updated to 804, and I can say that Unlimited National Units is definitely on. The national unit limits are completely missing. I even deleted my Civ4.ini file to see if that had an effect, and it didn't.

Two other things I noticed while playing games with 802 + my next batch of revisions. I'm not sure what might have an impact there.

First, the AI players are beelining Literature like crazy. I have seen Hinduism be founded twice before Judaism, which is not a good thing.

Second, when Starting as Minors, the AI is too willing to throw away Warrior units attacking a city with fortified Archers. A Warrior is not going to get past two Archers in a city, especially after Warfare. I generally head straight to Warfare to get the free Great General before heading to Writing, so that's why I stay as a minor civ for some time in the early game.
Were you playing from an older revision or have you started a new game? Because I think that normally unlimited national units is disabled but it becomes enabled due to some options being removed, but I still haven't had a chance to prove/test it.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13435673 said:
Were you playing from an older revision or have you started a new game? Because I think that normally unlimited national units is disabled but it becomes enabled due to some options being removed, but I still haven't had a chance to prove/test it.

Definitely new games. It even happens in the Civilopedia before starting a game.

Top Bottom