AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Revision 836

Every time the AIs adopted new civics, say, warrior caste and caste, their already

adopted slavery civic morphed back to barter. The in-game message log showed

there new adoption of caste and warrior caste but no any indication of reverting back

to barter :crazyeye:

Except a gigantic terra map, all game settings and BUG settings were set to

default.

Any help or suggestions would be much appericated.

For AI oddities like this, I would suggest you turn on AI behavior logging, in the BUG menu, the logging tab near the top. Enable this, and play your game again. When/If you spot abnormal behaviors, find the log file (located in Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs/BBAI.log) and upload it here. It should explain exactly what happened.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13511808 said:
Definitely some problem but I don't know what could it be. Mod never takes this much to load, not even when MegaCivPack was available.

OK, maybe we'll try a clean install. It all seemed to look OK - the Civilopedia entries showed the right tech tree and units.

Nothing changed on the install, right? Just dump the mod folder in the Beyond The Sword/MODS folder (in Program Files) and load the mod?

Edit:

So, before I tried a new install, I did a quick experiment. I tried creating a multiplayer game (just by myself) and launching before anyone joined.
When I used the RoM_Small_and_Medium map (huge), it took forever to load (24 minutes), but finally made it.
When I used the Small_and_Medium map (huge), it loaded in about 20 seconds.
When I used the RoM_Terra map (huge), it loaded in about 20 seconds.

Still not sure if it is part of the problem I saw earlier, but maybe RoM_Medium_and_Small has an issue?

Thanks guys!

I keep getting random crashes to desktop.

As well, I can't settle cities on Mountain tops, even though I have Algerbra, I have no city within 6 tiles and is coastal on a river?? Has Mountain city founding been disabled?? I can mine mountains, but not settle them.

attached is the last 3 dump files and the python error files.

Getting those python errors again.

You didn't upload a save. I checked the minidump but all I could tell is that it crashed deep in the EXE, which I can not debug.

don't worry about it, I think the games corrupted, I must have accidently loaded a corrupted save, I've reloaded from an earlier save, and will play on, if it suddenly starts happening again, when I reach near the industrial era, I'll repost.

Otherwise, its a corrupted save, and I should just have reloaded from earlier, thanks for help.

Rev 828. I still get the bug that close the game when dealing with cities close to map border. I had this bug for more than a year with different revisions. I have not read all threads here, so maybe it is already discussed. But I was wondering if anyone else has this bug? In my last game the game closes when I am conquering a city one tile away from map border. The city is called Warwick, at the bottom middle of the map. I try to include a savegame here.

Attachments

• tiss.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
Hallo everyone!

Do you experience slowing down the game?
I own a pretty fast pc, but sometimes I've to wait up to 8 seconds, for a turn to finish!!! And I'm yet in the beginning!!

Hallo everyone!

I own a pretty fast pc, but sometimes I've to wait up to 8 seconds, for a turn to finish!!! And I'm yet in the beginning!!
Slow compared to what? Previous revisions? Which revision are you using? I've also experienced some slow down a couple of revisions ago, 836-837, but I've noticed it only in a MP game.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13519403 said:
Slow compared to what? Previous revisions? Which revision are you using? I've also experienced some slow down a couple of revisions ago, 836-837, but I've noticed it only in a MP game.

I've just downloaded the last build from Moddb. Version 2.20.
It's much slower compared to the ROM. At least in my machine

ps. the revision i'm using is the 839

I've just downloaded the last build from Moddb. Version 2.20 I guess.
It's much slower compared to the ROM. At least in my machine
You can check revision by hovering your mouse over the flag near the minimap while in game. If you compare AND 2 to original ROM, it will be slower because it has many more features. Speed of game depends anyway on mapsize, so if you're using a map larger than Huge, game will not be so fast.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13519427 said:
You can check revision by hovering your mouse over the flag near the minimap while in game. If you compare AND 2 to original ROM, it will be slower because it has many more features. Speed of game depends anyway on mapsize, so if you're using a map larger than Huge, game will not be so fast.

ok thanks, but I'm in the very beginning of the game, map is not huge, and I'm playing against 6 or 7 pc players.
I guess it's something else..

Hallo everyone!

One setting I found massively improved my performance is in the BUG menu, is to "Minimize AI Turns". Right now it defaults to Off, but I think it should default to On.

It really does, yes.

Accidentally posted this in the Build thread a moment ago heh...

Revision 839, but this is the first time I've ever seen this.... Message... When trying to bribe someone into a war. Earlier I was trying to get the Hitties to declare on someone and it said something about 'PEACEFUL NATURE', but I was glancing over the leader names so quickly I passed right by it w/o getting a screenshot. I wasn't able to find it a second time, but I managed to get a shot of this one :)

Is it me or does AI found less cities now at the beginning of the game (rev840)? After 100 turns (blitz speed) most civs have 2-3 cities, some have just 1. I think until some revisions ago AI was founding more cities in the first 100 turns.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13522449 said:
Is it me or does AI found less cities now at the beginning of the game (rev840)? After 100 turns (blitz speed) most civs have 2-3 cities, some have just 1. I think until some revisions ago AI was founding more cities in the first 100 turns.

In a Rev 833 MP game I am playing, we're 132 turns in. Prince difficulty, marathon.

Both human players have 2 cities.
1 AI Player has 2 cities
1 AI Player has 3 cities
7 AI Players have 4 cities
1 AI Player has 6 cities

They are building them fast in our game...

Edit: I just noticed you are talking about blitz, so what I wrote above is probably worthless. So I'll just say it seems to be working very nicely on marathon and leave it at that.

In a Rev 833 MP game I am playing, we're 132 turns in. Prince difficulty, marathon.

Both human players have 2 cities.
1 AI Player has 2 cities
1 AI Player has 3 cities
7 AI Players have 4 cities
1 AI Player has 6 cities

They are building them fast in our game...

Edit: I just noticed you are talking about blitz, so what I wrote above is probably worthless. So I'll just say it seems to be working very nicely on marathon and leave it at that.

Looks ok to me, 6 cities on turn 132, marathon is vey good. I'm on turn 220 blitz (large map) and no civ has more than 4 cities. Definetely something happened between rev833 and rev840. Savegame and ANewDawn.log

45°38'N-13°47'E;13522512 said:
Looks ok to me, 6 cities on turn 132, marathon is vey good. I'm on turn 220 blitz (large map) and no civ has more than 4 cities. Definetely something happened between rev833 and rev840. Savegame and ANewDawn.log

Afforess, could this problem be related to rev839? I've seen settlers getting trained but not being used and I've noted that you've changed something in the code about fouding cities, I suppose to solve that problem about Pioneers and Colonists.

Top Bottom