1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

have an error generated with Complusory voting random event.

Spoiler :

Would then only give the Stats for a change to Democracy, as I chose the 3rd option, Federation, which is what I was in.

It said, couldn't change for 2 turns, as had just changed, into what I already had, then crashed out the game.

2. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

svn 842

154 turns = gamebreaker.

3. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

45* Looks like your problem ^

4. lelmar888

lelmar888 Chieftain

I recently downloaded Rise of mankind a new dawn 2.0. I had been playing a previous version without any issues. I have had crash problems with 2.0. The game appears to have installed properly, and I was able to start and play a game for a while. The game started crashing when I got to 473 BC in game play. Any idea's?

5. Afforess

Upload a save.

6. lelmar888

lelmar888 Chieftain

I'm sorry. What? Do you have a solution for me?

7. lelmar888

lelmar888 Chieftain

I'm confused. Was there something I was supposed to "upload and save"?

8. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Yes, you can upload your savegame on the forum so that we can try it and check.

Edit: anyway I suggest you move to AND 2.2, you can download it from the main download thread. AND 2.0 is really obsolete now.

9. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Which gamespeed are you using? Just play on and you'll see you don't need 154 turns. You're researching a middle age tech a little bit too early than expected so you're being slowed down. Middle age (engineering is a middle age tech) is supposed to start around 400-500AD while you're around 50AD. As I've said just play on and let me know how many turns you need to complete engineering. I don't think there's anything to be scared of. Technically you can research any tech you want but you need to be stronger in terms of science compared to what it was in the past: it seems like this is not the case for your civ. :) There are other ways to prevent this: research some other techs while you get closer to middle age then switch back to engineering; it will be much easier. ;)

10. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

I have continued this game and find that this "condition" pops up regularly.:(

I do not like this feature.

If this feature is supposed to make the game more equitable than it fails because it also slows down the AI progress at the same time so the AI does not gain on me but instead just falls behind further.

I do not like having to follow someone else's formula when advancing.

I now feel restricted and confused as to why I cannot play the game as I have for many years. my style of play is quite different than most of the posters on this forum. Your restrictions require me to change my game in a way that is confusing to me.

I will shut up now before I go on a rant about other issues.

11. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I'll look for some way to enhance this feature, just be warned that it doesn't SLOW DOWN anyone: on the contrary, when AI is being left behind, which typically happens in Renaissance, it speeds it up quite a bit, making it harder for humans to roll over some poor backward civ. Anyway can you tell me which gamespeed and handicap are you using?

12. Afforess

IMO, 154 turns is very excessive. There needs to be a cap on how much "rubberbanding" you do with the AI. Some rubberbanding is okay, it makes games more interesting, lots of rubberbanding and you are just encouraging players not to win, which is wrong.

13. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I know, I'm working on it. When I have time, I'll change the code to make it smoother. I've not tried with slower gamespeeds, but even with blitz you could get an excessive 25 turns (although this value decreases while you get closer to the proper era and jumps down to a couple of turns when you're close to 450 AD).

14. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

At that point I was playing at warlord which is not usual for me at that stage. I was feeling pressure from three other civs that were keeping pace with me. when this "condition" started I started to gain on them and by the time I got thru industrial I am now 7 or 8 techs ahead of all of them. normally I start the game at warlord for a couple of hundred turns then switch to diety for the rest of the game, now I am so far ahead that the fun is gone. I am close to semi auto weapons and they barely have arquibusters.

size huge speed epic 18 civs

15. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

Could you consider making this optional like flex difficulty? Like oldboob I also play different style and like to make scenarios where some civs supposed to develop slower.

16. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

It's an option I'm considering, but code will be improved anyway.

17. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

So I now have flight and they still have bows and arrows. At what point do they catch up???

Oh I am deity for the last 500 turns by the way.

18. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Can you upload a save? No way that should happen.

19. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

:rolleyes:http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=385024&stc=1&d=1414688881

EDIT; turn2306 game locks up at Hyderabad when plane is created. Seems to be non repeatable after reloading.

edit; turn2434 research lowered to 50%, "give the suckers a chance":rolleyes:

edit; turn 2479 well they are starting to make progress, were 4-8 techs back now 3-6 techs and they all have guns now.

edit; it is now turn2747 and I find that they are 5 - 10 techs back! note that I reduced research to 25% at turn 2630. There are two allied teams now. I am going to go to 0% research now. I hope to see war soon.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=385025&stc=1&d=1414690648

20. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

There is a small bug in the text generated by the <GlobalBuildingExtraCommerces> tag. In the Civilopedia popup, the text for a global commerce bonus to buildings is appearing above the text that tells you if the building is a National/World Wonder. I think the Wonder entry should always be first. Would it be possible to move the commerces text down? I think it should probably be just a small change to CvGameTextMgr.cpp (I'm guessing it's around the call to TXT_KEY_CIVIC_BUILDING_COMMERCE_CHANGE at line 13173, but I don't have a clue how to do actual DLL modifications).

This is the revamp of Bolshoi I'm going to include in my next build (instead of the free Theatre, all Theatres and Opera Houses get +2 commerce). The +2 commerce line is above the World Wonder line, and it should be below the WW line.