AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

@Sogroon: Good point about the medieval era ;)

That sentiment is also complete rubbish. We still had technological development in the so-called Dark Ages, including windmills and stirrups.

That sentiment is also complete rubbish. We still had technological development in the so-called Dark Ages, including windmills and stirrups.
Yeah, I wouldn't quote Stargate when it comes to realism [emoji6]

Playing v.848
Error message: "Artinfo, replace_leader_backfround was not found"

EDITED: problem solved. I reinstalled the mod from installer, and not from the updater, and the error has disappeared.

Strange one ! This is only mentionned in "CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml" and anywhere in python or DLL code. I think this is due to the XML marker closed by <marker/> form instead of <marker></marker>. I will fix that by adding None into the tags.

@SinuheBE: Could you download the attached file and extract it to the mod folder (in the launcher: Menu > Open mod folder), then extract and replace the default file ? Then tell me if it fixes your problem.

Attachments

• misc_art_fix.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 72
[OFF]
45°38'N-13°47'E;13690480 said:
Yeah, I wouldn't quote Stargate when it comes to realism [emoji6]

That quotation was only meant as "flavor text" from some fiction, but much of the tech quotations are also from some fiction ;)

[/OFF]

I am happy to see realistic timescale optional. Maybe I will turn it on if I am veeeery much ahead, but wish to play without it. I am a tech-monger player. That option would take away "my reward for doing good in research".
(And I never complained about the game being too easy. I play one as long as I enjoy it.)

@Afforess: I have a problem with the CvUnit::canUnload() algorythm.
If i set a condition here, the unit is not counted as unloaded (intended) BUT is unloaded (not intended). I don't understand where to find the code to avoid unloading.

EDIT: I workarounded this by checking ship's cargos in cities.

Strange one ! This is only mentionned in "CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml" and anywhere in python or DLL code. I think this is due to the XML marker closed by <marker/> form instead of <marker></marker>. I will fix that by adding None into the tags.

@SinuheBE: Could you download the attached file and extract it to the mod folder (in the launcher: Menu > Open mod folder), then extract and replace the default file ? Then tell me if it fixes your problem.

Thank you. I have edited my message explaining how I solved the problem. I reinstalled the mod, version 884, but downloading the install version, instead of just updating it. The error has disappeared.

Thank you. I have edited my message explaining how I solved the problem. I reinstalled the mod, version 884, but downloading the install version, instead of just updating it. The error has disappeared.
You've probably downloaded it via the link i've put on civ.fr, but giving the online installer is a bad idea. I will remove it right now.
If you ever want to reinstall the mod, you can simply do "Menu -> Fix installation -> Reset mod installation".
At each update, the updater will do an integrity check, so you should not get other problems like this one in the future.

Just updated from 873 to 883, not only am I having some issues with a rather ugly interface (As mentioned here), but the text on cities is.... Too small :p
Also noticing some letters missing outright. ( ellenstic Temple?)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0170.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0170.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 77
Just start the launcher once and it will all be gone. City billboard font has been modified for non-latin1 languages, because it's the only way to display cyrillic, arabic or chinese in the billboard. About the interface, see the other post.

The missing letters is a known problem (there is an invisible box that limit the lateral space to display city info) but that display method will be disabled if you use english (or any of the default languages) and start the launcher once.

Just start the launcher once and it will all be gone. City billboard font has been modified for non-latin1 languages, because it's the only way to display cyrillic, arabic or chinese in the billboard. About the interface, see the other post.

The missing letters is a known problem (there is an invisible box that limit the lateral space to display city info) but that display method will be disabled if you use english and start the launcher once.

Would really rather not have to use the launcher, can you tell me if and how the text and the interface color can be fixed without using it?
If there really is no way to solve those two problems without it I'll just download it, run it once, then remove it. It'd be kinda unfortunate if the update introduced two problems that couldn't be resolved without using an external program though.

As for the title screen... Isn't that how it always looked? :confused:
I was actually meaning to change it to the Warlords screen (Love its music) but the default opening screen for vanilla/AND always seemed so fitting for the mod so... I never ended up changing it :lol:

@Rezca, you're missing the point. The launcher is included by default in the mod repository since months. No need to install it. Just execute and2_checker.exe in the root folder.
At start, it was made as a personal project to learn C++ but now it's really mature and allows easy customization and mod update that needs several manual file editing instead. That is handy for all non-skilled players.

You can manually change values if you're really reluctant to launch that executable anyway.
Set fScale to 1.0 for <Type>CITY_BILLBOARDS</Type> in "Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml" and change the interface color background in "Assets\Modules\Interface\Resource\Themes\Civ4\Civ4Theme_Common.thm". Set the RGBA code to:
Code:
GColor	.BG							=	GColor( 92, 138, 121, 255)		:	GFC_Control_Color;	//Set for dynamic color change

The current main screen is here but the one you use is still available in the options.

@Rezca, you're missing the point. The launcher is included by default in the mod repository since months. No need to install it. Just execute and2_checker.exe in the root folder.
At start, it was made as a personal project to learn C++ but now it's really mature and allows easy customization and mod update that needs several manual file editing instead. That is handy for all non-skilled players.

You can manually change values if you're really reluctant to launch that executable anyway.
Set fScale to 1.0 for <Type>CITY_BILLBOARDS</Type> in "Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml" and change the interface color background in "Assets\Modules\Interface\Resource\Themes\Civ4\Civ4Theme_Common.thm". Set the RGBA code to:
Code:
GColor	.BG							=	GColor( 92, 138, 121, 255)		:	GFC_Control_Color;	//Set for dynamic color change

The current main screen is here but the one you use is still available in the options.

I haven't updated in months so I didn't know :lol:

Right performed those steps and it's all working flawlessly again, big thanks :goodjob:

Huh, didn't know about that either. I switched a few things off in the SVN updater (like the User Settings folder so I wouldn't need to constantly move that to the desktop before updating) so maybe that had something to do with it. Is that Mars or the sun in the foreground? Pretty small sun if the latter :lol:

Sorry if I've sounded... Snappy today. Been a terrible week, friend of mine died in the hospital last month, and I've just overall been very... Emotionally unstable v_v
The whole fossils debate going on has got me on edge right now too, although that's probably anxiety/depression just making small things worse than they really are ;)
Decided to duck out of that thread before I ended up saying something I'd regret later :lol:

Huh, didn't know about that either. I switched a few things off in the SVN updater (like the User Settings folder so I wouldn't need to constantly move that to the desktop before updating) so maybe that had something to do with it. Is that Mars or the sun in the foreground? Pretty small sun if the latter :lol:
However, it is not recommended to use both the launcher and SVN to update. Afforess and I decided to use another safer method to update the mod (rsync). I found SVN handle very poorly locally modified files and didn't update modified files very well. Moreover, rsync allow to easily "reset" installation but while SVN need to oftenly "clean" the installation to get the same directory as the server. For me, it's not a clean method to work, as opposite to git which handle that part very well (but have other drawbacks). If you update trought the launcher, SVN won't be able to recognize the version has changed and its database will be messed up. Personally, i have a "play" installation which i update with the launcher and use to develop and a developer installation (which i don't use to play) just to publish updates (for which i do clean force, then update before any commit). If you keep svn just to see the internal code change or details, you can also use the Afforess website here.

Sorry if I've sounded... Snappy today. Been a terrible week, friend of mine died in the hospital last month, and I've just overall been very... Emotionally unstable v_v
The whole fossils debate going on has got me on edge right now too, although that's probably anxiety/depression just making small things worse than they really are ;)
Decided to duck out of that thread before I ended up saying something I'd regret later :lol:

No problem at all. Life is terrible sometimes; i feel sorry for your bad news.

However, it is not recommended to use both the launcher and SVN to update. Afforess and I decided to use another safer method to update the mod (rsync). I found SVN handle very poorly locally modified files and didn't update modified files very well. Moreover, rsync allow to easily "reset" installation but while SVN need to oftenly "clean" the installation to get the same directory as the server. For me, it's not a clean method to work, as opposite to git which handle that part very well (but have other drawbacks). If you update trought the launcher, SVN won't be able to recognize the version has changed and its database will be messed up. Personally, i have a "play" installation which i update with the launcher and use to develop and a developer installation (which i don't use to play) just to publish updates (for which i do clean force, then update before any commit). If you keep svn just to see the internal code change or details, you can also use the Afforess website here.

I haven't been touching AND's files much, in my opinion most everything's fine as-is so I never bothered ;)

R2R on the other hand I've poked around with quite a bit, tweaking as I like it. The awful Lead From Behind 'feature' isn't present there (40 straight combat engagements, not one mislead combat result!) so I don't plan on ever upgrading from it.

New features are great and all, but if the mod isn't fun to play then all that is meaningless - and there was little that killed my enthusiasm more than LFB. So, I'm tweaking it like mad since those changes won't ever really be overwritten except for by myself ;)

But, if the installer/launcher is being reinforced and is proven to be more stable and reliable, I might end up switching over sooner or later. I'm slow to adopt to new things which is why I've been so adamant about not using it all this time :lol:

No problem at all. Life is terrible sometimes; i feel sorry for your bad news.

Yeah... What would have been a routine and simple procedure ended up going wrong because he had a terrible allergic reaction to the stuff they were using, and... He just didn't recover from it. :(

Just one more thing to throw onto an already growing pile of stuff making my life miserable :p

I haven't been touching AND's files much, in my opinion most everything's fine as-is so I never bothered ;)
That and the fact 45° is open-minded made me to join this mod team. Everything in this mod is polished and when there is a major disagreement about a new feature, that becomes optional :D Importantly, there are not too much useless features.

But, if the installer/launcher is being reinforced and is proven to be more stable and reliable, I might end up switching over sooner or later.
I'm quite confident about its reliability right now :)

Just one more thing to throw onto an already growing pile of stuff making my life miserable :p
You may be older than me, but from what i've learnt, life is just about how we open our eyes to see it. Things happens, and from a neutral point of view, there is often nothing we can do about it, and whenever we can, that may not even change anything. To regain vitality, i've found the only way to feel well is to find what you feel you need to do to feel entire and .... just do it! (No nike inside). In that sense, i feel good since i do this, like i'm able to see how i act from an outside point of view and put everything into perspective. For example, oldnoob told in that forum that he has 71 and won't learn C++, but i feel that is wrong. My grand father have 91 and cultivate his vign parcel 500km from his home, just because he needs that.

You may be older than me, but from what i've learnt, life is just about how we open our eyes to see it. Things happens, and from a neutral point of view, there is often nothing we can do about it, and whenever we can, that may not even change anything. To regain vitality, i've found the only way to feel well is to find what you feel you need to do to feel entire and .... just do it! (No nike inside). In that sense, i feel good since i do this, like i'm able to see how i act from an outside point of view and put everything into perspective. For example, oldnoob told in that forum that he has 71 and won't learn C++, but i feel that is wrong. My grand father have 91 and cultivate his vign parcel 500km from his home, just because he needs that.

I've largely given up on trying to learn new things. Everything I've attempted has ended in failure for one reason or another (not that I haven't lost interest in the subjects I had taken interest in), though I think this is all something best taken to Private Messages since it doesn't have much to do with bug reports anymore :lol:

...I think this is all something best taken to Private Messages since it doesn't have much to do with bug reports anymore
Not so much, a bug of a bugreporter is an inception! :D

Rev 884
Something wrong with new interface/fonts?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 68
Top Bottom