AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

@Afforess: Could you explain to me how the caching unitcombat production works ? I've managed to stop a building production based on a code, but if i use the same code in "canTrain()" (for unitCombat), it doesn't do anything.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13686099 said:
Those settings are hidden because they're quite sensible and shouldn't really be changed. If you know what you're doing you can find them in the config folder, there's an XML file, I don't recall the name and I can't check now

Yeah, exactly, I wanted to try and play with internal values. Thanks! previously I was trying to edit Revolution.ini in UserSettings folder, thought this folder is for user settings like that :lol:.

@Afforess: Could you explain to me how the caching unitcombat production works ? I've managed to stop a building production based on a code, but if i use the same code in "canTrain()" (for unitCombat), it doesn't do anything.

You need to invalidate the cache if you change the ability to train a unit. Call CvCity::invalidateCachedCanTrainForUnit.

Call CvCity::invalidateCachedCanTrainForUnit.
Thank you. It didn't worked however. I managed to act on City train at CvCity::canContinueProduction() level. So i've got a function which check if the city tile is full and prevent to build a new unit (that was just a test).

Now i will try to check if the city-area has tiles with free places for combat units, but it would need to differentiate the DOMAIN_SEA and sea tiles from others domains and land tiles.

@Afforess: How i can loop through CvPlot with a CvArea ?
Code:
int iI;
CvPlot* pLoopPlot;
for (iI = 0; iI < city_owned_tiles; iI++)
{
	pLoopPlot = this->area()-> ???
}

EDIT: I've managed to code the function. I'm not sure it's really optimized so if you have time to review it after i publish it, that would be nice. Basically, i think i've fixed the flaws in 1UPT by preventing a city to build an unit if there is no more room to place it in the same continent on owner's tiles.

I built Machu Picchu in Athens, the peaks in my territory correctly received the extra yields, but Machu Picchu itself (the improvement that should appear on a peak near the city that built the wonder) did not appear.

A minor thing related to the High and Low option coupled with Start with Minors.

The Carthaginians were the first civ I got in this game, and I was switched to another before researching Writing and getting out of "minor" status.

Now that I got to the third civ and started exploring the oceans, I made contact with the Carthaginians... who are tagged "minor", though we are not automatically at war.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0077.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0077.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 233
EDIT: I've managed to code the function. I'm not sure it's really optimized so if you have time to review it after i publish it, that would be nice. Basically, i think i've fixed the flaws in 1UPT by preventing a city to build an unit if there is no more room to place it in the same continent on owner's tiles.

Okay. I'll take a look at your code whenever you commit it.

A minor thing related to the High and Low option coupled with Start with Minors.

The Carthaginians were the first civ I got in this game, and I was switched to another before researching Writing and getting out of "minor" status.

Now that I got to the third civ and started exploring the oceans, I made contact with the Carthaginians... who are tagged "minor", though we are not automatically at war.
Spoiler :

Very strange. I'll take a look at the minor civ code.

Two bugs that I've experienced:
(I've searched around but haven't found them mentioned)

1. The advanced start option appears to be broken for me, the "Map Mode" window is prohibiting me from selecting/building any improvements and starting the game.

2. Using Custom Game to start in a later era than ancient (modern for example) makes technologies be very expensive, even on usually very fast speeds like Quick or Blitz:
Manufacturing costs 406721 on Quick Speed / Large World / Modern Era
Manufacturing costs 11856 on Quick Speed / Large World / Ancient Era

If this is working as intended I find it overkill that it takes ~100 turns to research a technology with a 4k :science: big empire on a fast speed.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 49
  • Unbenannt2.jpg
    Unbenannt2.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 42
[...]
2. Using Custom Game to start in a later era than ancient (modern for example) makes technologies be very expensive, even on usually very fast speeds like Quick or Blitz:

If this is working as intended I find it overkill that it takes ~100 turns to research a technology with a 4k :science: big empire on a fast speed.

Might this be because you have the "Realistic Timescale" option enabled? (this is a BUG menu option)

With this option tech costs are scaled based on the current turn, and with Advanced Start you are researching later techs much earlier than in a normal start, so the code makes them much more expensive.

Start you are researching later techs much earlier than in a normal start, so the code makes them much more expensive.
@45: Here's another example of option that should be default. If we force Realistic timescale, then we can fix that kind of bug. There is no point in discovering Arcology in year 1200 :D

Might this be because you have the "Realistic Timescale" option enabled? (this is a BUG menu option)

YES! Thanks so much, I didn't realize that it didn't just adjust the year to the research but adjusted the research to the year!

Ok I have played for two days +, about 30 hours, and no CTDS. so I have turned Active Fighter Defense back on.

Today I have received 2 non repeatable ctds so I turned off active fighter defense to do another test for a few days. If there are no more non repeatable ctds then I believe that will justify a look into active fighter defense for a bug.

Today I have received 2 non repeatable ctds so I turned off active fighter defense to do another test for a few days. If there are no more non repeatable ctds then I believe that will justify a look into active fighter defense for a bug.
Thanks oldnoob!

@45: Here's another example of option that should be default. If we force Realistic timescale, then we can fix that kind of bug. There is no point in discovering Arcology in year 1200 :D
It's on already by default I think. I would leave that an option because there are people who like tanks around 1000 AD and you never know what might happen in scenarios.

Two bugs that I've experienced:
(I've searched around but haven't found them mentioned)

1. The advanced start option appears to be broken for me, the "Map Mode" window is prohibiting me from selecting/building any improvements and starting the game.

Advanced start has never been balanced. It's on to do list but very low priority.

@45

You said you wanted a copy of saves for the turn before and turn of event.

how it happens.

1. Madelberg borders have expanded.
2. I settle the city of Madelberg.
3. Its borders expand again, due to culture level running and culture bomb.

attached is the turn before and the turn of event.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13689517 said:
It's on already by default I think. I would leave that an option because there are people who like tanks around 1000 AD and you never know what might happen in scenarios.

Yes, please leave it optional. I am one of those people.
I (personally, in my play style) find this option a un-realistic and artificial barrier.

"If it wasn't for the Middle-ages, we could have star ships by now. Yes, the dark ages were called dark, not because of the lack of Sun shine." (Daniel Jackson, Stargate)​

So I take real life tech level as a result of bad civic choice (Intolerant) in the medieval era :p

Top Bottom