AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

It should have at some point, obviously this has not been corrected in AND. It was brought up during the winter in C2C and corrected there, iirc.

You're right, I'm importing this part of the code right now, it should be an easy change to the dll; it will be up very soon. Thank you sp00n for reporting it and Joseph for pointing out the solution. :)

Edit: Updated in rev627

I'm sorry, where exactly is that line? I couldn't find any CvCity file

It's a source file, you can't find it in AND folder; it's a part of the dll. You don't need to do any changes anyway, if you have the latest revision, that part of the code has already been changed inside the dll. :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;12349978 said:
It's a source file, you can't find it in AND folder; it's a part of the dll. You don't need to do any changes anyway, if you have the latest revision, that part of the code has already been changed inside the dll. :)

After searching the forums I realized it's inside CvGameCoreDLL.dll, and I'm not going to touch that.

Problem: when doing recalc, it still adds the extra employed citizens. (And I want to recalc to get rid of Urtho's bug of the crazy income deficit when conquering cities, which I think is happening to me now in the late Industrial era)
I'm on rev 624 now.

After searching the forums I realized it's inside CvGameCoreDLL.dll, and I'm not going to touch that.

Problem: when doing recalc, it still adds the extra employed citizens. (And I want to recalc to get rid of Urtho's bug of the crazy income deficit when conquering cities, which I think is happening to me now in the late Industrial era)
I'm on rev 624 now.

Update to the latest revision. This problem was solved in rev625.

I guess I really have to figure out how that SVN thing works then.
DL'ing the whole thing everytime is becoming annoying.

Perfect Mongoose Map hangs on initialization. After 27 minutes it had not moved off of Initialization. SVN 626.

RoM_Archipelago starts just fine.

JosEPh

2605BC Build 626. Just built a Grainey 3 turns ago and it did not store the 30% food after growth last turn.:cry:

Buck

Edit-It seems to have been a one off as others working as designed. Will keep an eye out for any others having similar issue.

I've struck an error, that when it occurs, it will cause a crash to desktop.

I'm not sure if its possible for you to code a correction, or its just the base games fault.

anyway,

Spoiler :

Don't worry about this, it wasn't a bug as such, its just the base game and using formations.

I've played to the Modern era using formations, but now, with Marines and Infantry, it has problems with display. I've changed to single unit graphics, and it works no problem. Sorry, it seems its just the ability of the Graphics card, 1 Gig, to handle the display, it seems the modern era is the limit on Gigantic maps for me.

Much more fun with Formations, don't know how I played without them now.

That's not a bug. That's normal Civ4 behavior. Granaries only store food that was harvested after they were built. So If you were at 400/500 food when you built the granary, you would only store 100*.3 = 30 food because only the last 100 food were collected while the granary was present.

That's the simple version. The exact truth is a little bit more complicated:

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/strategy/food_growth.php

That's not a bug. That's normal Civ4 behavior. Granaries only store food that was harvested after they were built. So If you were at 400/500 food when you built the granary, you would only store 100*.3 = 30 food because only the last 100 food were collected while the granary was present.

That's the simple version. The exact truth is a little bit more complicated:

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/strategy/food_growth.php

Thank you,

Buck

rev 626.
I have a noticeable difference in food between what actually is used and what the tooltip shows.
See screenshots, it happens in every city I have.

Was it like that Before your Extended Golden Age? Or did this occur because you entered a GA?

JosEPh

rev 626.
I have a noticeable difference in food between what actually is used and what the tooltip shows.
See screenshots, it happens in every city I have.

Will be fixed in the next revision, in the meantime you can simply change your dll with the one attached here (unzip and place inside your Assets folder inside AND folder), let me know if it works (it should, from a quick test).

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
Was it like that Before your Extended Golden Age? Or did this occur because you entered a GA?

JosEPh

Honestly I've no idea, the talk about the granaries simply got me to look at the food bars and I noticed the discrepancy.
Btw the GA isn't extended (someone else has the Mausoleum and the Cheoseom-thing), I'm on Marathon speed.

45°38'N-13°47'E said:
Will be fixed in the next revision, in the meantime you can simply change your dll with the one attached here (unzip and place inside your Assets folder inside AND folder), let me know if it works (it should, from a quick test).
I'll try it tomorrow and let you know.

Found what could be construed as a bug, Multiple peace treaties.

Spoiler :

Seems to me, you should only be able to have 1 in effect, not multiple with multiple expiry dates.

Make of it what you will, bug or not?? I say bug, minor one, but a un-intended consequence.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12356330 said:

The new dll works, now the food numbers are consistent between bar and tooltip.
And my cities aren't starving anymore! :goodjob:

The new dll works, now the food numbers are consistent between bar and tooltip.
And my cities aren't starving anymore! :goodjob:

Glad to know it, updating now to rev628 :)

Found what could be construed as a bug, Multiple peace treaties.

Spoiler :

Seems to me, you should only be able to have 1 in effect, not multiple with multiple expiry dates.

Make of it what you will, bug or not?? I say bug, minor one, but a un-intended consequence.

Definetly a bug, can you upload your save please? Which rev are you using?

Would another save game with the AI route bug be useful to you?
I'm suffering from this now as well, really uncool. :(

Rev was 624, but updated to 628 in hopes the new DLL would do some good, but it didn't.
(And btw, my gold income increases form +444 to +1022 when I chose to recalculate.)

its more a display bug on the multiple peace treaties.

The first one expired, and my enforced peace, was removed, even though the other 2 peace treaties still had time to expire.

They individually expired, with notice to that effect, but had no effect on game play.

Its more of a display error. SVN IS 627 I don't have a save with the 3 peace treaties, as I've played on from there, I could make another lot of peace treaties and upload that, with version 628.

Top Bottom