1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

The only thing I can think of is your BUG Options are the cause, since you can have it reversed where smaller numbers are better (A 0.3 on Egypt's Str would mean they're weaker than you) or you can have it so larger numbers are better (That same 0.3 would mean they're scary strong)

If that is indeed the case - and I've had it switched like that once without realizing it - then it'd be "working as intended" and not a bug/glitch, and fixing it would be as simple as adjusting that feature in the options.

But, that's all I can really think of I'm afraid. It might not be this, and if it isn't.... Then I don't know :sad:

2. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Its probably a ratio of their strength, to the AI that they hate/fear the most.

They volunteer to be your vassal, to protect them selves, and when they've built up enough strength to deter the "hated/feared" AI, they break away for independence and to win the game.

3. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

And then they come to be your vassal one or two turns later, and repeat this for centuries :crazyeye:
    Not gonna win anything doing that! :lol:

4. nionios

nionios Prince

I've noticed more trouble with resource trading:in addition to not recognising the potato resource I get from Lincoln, by the time I cancel the potato trade agreement, the game says that I've -1 potatoes!:crazyeye: It seems that I owe potatoes:lol:
    Savegame is same as in post #4936

Also I want to ask if anybody has noticed the problem with regulated civic and :health: bonus from improvements as referred in post #4936.

5. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

The vassal problem, of breaking away and rejoining, might be that the vassal is using your overlord ship as part of its power calculation.

Has enough power under you, breaks away.

Finds no where near enough on own rejoins.

recalculates has enough power breaks away..

Recalculates.......

Ad nausem.

6. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

I realize nothing can be done about this for the time being, but I'll put this up here for later.

Both of the "Roman" cities shown on the screenshot belonged to Portugal and were captured by Barbarians. I captured them and liberated them back, and they went from Hatti (the lower left city) and Portugal (The city selected) to saying they belonged to Rome.

20160331103210_1.jpg

Something wonky's going on with Assimilation when barbarians and liberation are involved :confused::crazyeye:

7. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

More a game play bug then processing bug.

Why doesn't Archery require weaving as a Prerequisite technology.

Your able to reach archers WITHOUT having to build Slingers.

Spoiler :

Weaving could be justified by having to attach the feathers to the arrows.

Archery currently has Hunting as its prerequisite technology, maybe having both would be better??

Otherwise, there is no justification for building slingers if you DON'T start with weaving as the beginning tech.

:goodjob: Just my thoughts.

8. Dreifels

Dreifels King

what are requirements for build of sea tunnel?
    I have contruction ship (researched machine learning), but still can't build a sea tunnel.
    I have option build sea tunnels enabled

9. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

Requirements seem to be owning a functioning Steel resource and having researched the Nanotechnology tech.

In the BUG options there's an option titled "Hide Unavailable Worker Actions". If that's checked, then the Build a Tunnel option won't even be visible if you're missing either or both of the requirements (Nanotechnology and a Steel resource)

10. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

And enough gold to pay for the Tunnel. Tunnels are VERY expensive; the base cost is 350. For comparison, each Railroad tile is 10.

11. Dreifels

Dreifels King

I have both, and in BUG I tried both, with and w/o hide, and both gives no working option to build a sea tunnel.
    :confused:

see screenshot, no sea tunnel as option, also not as hided

12. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

With Woodsman II, you have double movement in forested tiles (jungle/forest).

But when you attack a grouping of Multiple units, you lose both your movement points instead of one, which you lose when you attack a single unit.

Solution - Allow 2nd movement when attacking multiple units.:(

And I don't subscribe to the reasoning that you use the 2nd movement point to return to point of departure. If I don't occupy the tile, I can't move back from it, I'm repulsed from the initial attack.

13. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

@ Dreifels - Do you have the Steel resource, having built 6 foundries, you can build one steel mill along a river side city.

Its not just having the steel tech, but building the Steel mill as well, this requires 6 foundries to be built for per one steel mill build.

14. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

That second icon on Nanotechnology is the sea tunnel option. Do you think you could post a save game? We might be able to find something.

15. Dreifels

Dreifels King

here the sav

16. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I loaded up your save with the current revision of the mod. I turned off the Hide Obsolete Worker Actions option in the AND tab of the BUG mod and the Build Tunnel option appeared.

View attachment 406323

You can see the Build Tunnel button on the Constructor Ship at the bottom of the screen.

WHY this happens, I don't know yet. But this might offer a temporary solution.

Can you try turning off that option and see what happens for you?

17. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Regarding Tunnels: I played around a little in WorldBuilder. With Electronics tech, the Tunnel option is declared obsolete by the game and unavailable. But with Hide Obsolete Worker Actions turned on, the button is active.

I think what might be going on is an issue with <iValue> in Civ4RouteInfos.xml, but I am surprised no one else has asked about this, so I am not sure what is really going on.

18. Dreifels

Dreifels King

thanks a lot. Yes, so it works, but it is *very* confusing that it is shown only if you uncheck hide obsolete actions :lol:

But for tunnels also the civpedia is mismatch. Looks like times ago someone made some changes related and forgot to correct all.

19. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Most of the text in the Civilopedia, and even in-game, is hard-coded and has to be manually changed. Some of it is generated on the fly from the XML and accurately reflects in-game reality. It's on my eventual to-do list, but I want to get these icon issues fixed first. The Civilopedia is probably the last thing we want to do, once everything else is fairly well locked-down and not likely to change.

20. Dreifels

Dreifels King

fixed borders for Despotism and Monarchy only?
    where is the logic?