AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Bug - When you capture a worker, which is 100% success rate, you also have a 10% chance of receiving another worker as a prisoner of War.

Solution - Remove the 10% chance for prisoner of War for capturing non military units.

Seems a bit of a cheat.

P.S. the 10% rate is working now, I've updated to 1009 and started a new game.

don't know if it is related, but I checked the last sav with world builder and found that most Japanese cities have a grafic problem, maybe a unit

I remember,that past year I had same grafic problem with Japanese cities, and that game crashed, too.

Edit

It is not related to the crash.
Just made a file check with installer option, and after that the crashing sav does work. I'm now 2 turns later. Had a look in world builder, and the grafic issue is still there. So both is noth related. (but should be fixed anyways as otherwise the Asian region is not playable)

don't know if it is related, but I checked the last sav with world builder and found that most Japanese cities have a grafic problem, maybe a unit

I remember,that past year I had same grafic problem with Japanese cities, and that game crashed, too.

I think what you are referring to is a known problem: the Japanese longbowman.
Vokarya is planning to replace its graphics to solve that problem.

As a side note: In my current game I'm playing the Japanese, am nearing the renaissance and was carefully avoiding to train any longbowman (crossbows are better anyway) and experienced absolutely no problem. :)

the continued game (that from above) crashed again, but after reload of the autosav I could continue it.
Is there a random event issue causing the crash maybe?

@Zeta Nexus
if it is the crossbow man, it sould be easy to take another crossbow man, duplicate that image and rename it, as interem solution.

Edit: some turns later CTD again
same game, some turns later, again CTD when click next turn. Also with autosav

Edit 3:
and I made another filecheck by checker option as an hr ago, got again ~ 2200 files, load the sav that crashed (and uploaded here), and again same as above, I can continue the turn fine.
Something modifies a file while playing

Edit 4
and CTD again

but now a filecheck again does not help. This is the final CTD, end of game.

Hi, I have a big problem with this mod - at some point at a later stage of the game it freezes when I press end of turn. This happened with pretty much all of my AND games. Can anyone suggest a workaround?

A save file is attached.

Attachments

• hang.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
Hi, I have a big problem with this mod - at some point at a later stage of the game it freezes when I press end of turn. This happened with pretty much all of my AND games. Can anyone suggest a workaround?

A save file is attached.
I can't check your save but if you're using a Unit Per Tile limit, try increasing that limit or set it to unlimited.

I see. At how much would that kick in? Is 10 UPT good?
I usually play with 30-40, in theory the higher the better. That said, if you're experiencing problems I would try with unlimited to see if problems disappear. If they don't, problem is caused by something else and you may as well leave a lower limit.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14229389 said:
I can't check your save but if you're using a Unit Per Tile limit, try increasing that limit or set it to unlimited.

Actually it's opposite for me - I had unlimited UPT and the game freezed. Then I tried to set a limit (20, 100 - the actual value doesn't seem to matter) and was able to get to the next turn.

Hi,
I have a problem loading saved games. I play a gigantic map, with French, and i reached year 166 AD. I am attacking the Dutch with a large force (53 units), and i can load one save, but after i move (or if i stay in the same plot) i cannot load anymore, the game just desapear from my screen. I was reading what 45°38'N-13°47'E says up here, and i dont know how to check that limit per tile, please help me. Also i want to load 1-3 saves if someone want to see the details, but i dont know how...

P.S.: I sent several units in a city, and i attacked with only 39 units. After few moves, i saved and i tried to load the game to see what happens and i got a Fatal error: bad allocation memory or something like that, and the program (CIV IV) closed. What is happening?

A save file is attached.
I can load the game fine and see you don't have max units per tile enabled. But I get same, when click on next turn (after I move some units fine) the game freezes, and as I can see, the GPU stopps working while the CPU is runnning with 25-50% on 2-3 kernels

I downloaded version 1003 I can't launch the mod, I do update same problem

I'm with Windows 8.1

I already play this mod with an other PC so I know how to install file and launch it, but with my new PC I don't what Im going wrong ?

Something strange with 1009 the file uninstall is deleted

Edit : problem solved

Fatal error: bad allocation memory or something like that, and the program (CIV IV) closed
bad allocation means, that the game needs more ram than you have or than is able to assign.
So you may upload here the sav to investigate and say what system/ram/ settings you have.

bad allocation means, that the game needs more ram than you have or than is able to assign.
So you may upload here the sav to investigate and say what system/ram/ settings you have.

Thank you Dreifels for your answer. I was thinking too is a RAM problem, i have only 4 Gb on my laptop, i ordered another 4 (which i will get at the end of this week) and i hope to solve the problem this way (anything for Civ IV BTS and for RoM-AND!).

I wanted to load few saves, but there is a limit of 2 mb for civ iv saved game, and a save have 4,5 mb... How can i load 2-3 saves?
Thank you.

Thank you Dreifels for your answer. I was thinking too is a RAM problem, i have only 4 Gb on my laptop, i ordered another 4 (which i will get at the end of this week) and i hope to solve the problem this way (anything for Civ IV BTS and for RoM-AND!).

I wanted to load few saves, but there is a limit of 2 mb for civ iv saved game, and a save have 4,5 mb... How can i load 2-3 saves?
Thank you.
Zip the save, 10mb limit, or upload it to dropbox or similar.

Thank you.

download http://www.7-zip.org/ and compress the sav
7z is the best compression around

you need total 6GB: two for Windows and four for Civ3, if you have the exe set to use above 2GB. Then you can use ~ 2.9 GB effective as then the kernel is above the 3GB border up to 4GB.

Do you have XP or what?

Edit
to all: do I see right that currently any game does crash or freeze earlier or later? So with GEM map no playing possible?

45°38'N-13°47'E;14233048 said:
Zip the save, 10mb limit, or upload it to dropbox or similar.

@ 45°38'N-13°47'E: I did it, i zip it (7zip) but still cannot load (see the JPEG attachement). :cry: What i do wrong?!?

@ Dreifels: Thank you for 7zip, is better compared with what i had. I have win 8.1, 4 ram (a slot). Laptop: HP Pavilion G6, Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20 Ghz, 64 x
I ordered another slot of 4 Mb - but yet not come...

Attachments

• CIV IV 7zip not load.jpg
    CIV IV 7zip not load.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 158
Top Bottom