1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Dreifels

Dreifels King

it complains that the format you used has 2MB limit, but as you can see at my upolads above, a .7z can more than 2MB

So try this: use "ultra" compression and select 7z as comprerssion format and not zip or another format (7z can more than its own 7z format, maybe that was the problem) and verify that the extension of the compressed file that you want to upload is .7z then.

2. daccad

daccad Chieftain

3. Dreifels

Dreifels King

no real option. dropbox requires registration first

4. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

No it doesn't. You can click straight off that screen.

5. btsuser

btsuser Chieftain

I'm attaching a save file that has multiple great engineers. The first great person can discover a new technology correctly. The 2nd great person has the same tech that the 1st one discovered. Then the third one and onwards don't even have the button to discover a new technology.

Attached Files:

6. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Did you end your turn after discovering a tech? IIRC you can research 1 tech per turn with the sam type of GP. It was like that as far as I remember (though I son't know if it is truly intended that way).
    So try to end your turn and see if you can research an other tech.

7. Dreifels

Dreifels King

@daccad
    I downloaded the three files and tested.
    It is odd:
    1) both, the AbissalFang AD-0166.CivBeyondSwordSave as well as the AbissalFang AD-0172.CivBeyondSwordSave get CTD and mini dump while loading

2) the AbissalFang AD-0166 Playable.CivBeyondSwordSave I can load fine and continue playing (until year 0178 for test).

that file has memory usage ~ 1.230 only

However:
    when I try to load the sav of AbissalFang n. Chr.-0178-test I get the same issue: CTD while loading..

But what does cause that massive memory usage within one or two turns?
    That is a bug, definitely.

Edit
    made a new try to load the crashing sav, and it crashes at 2.8 GB ram already. This is more confusing

8. daccad

daccad Chieftain

Thank you Dreifels for all your efforts. This crash at load can be avoided somehow? If it is a bug, someone can told me if i will be able to play a game like this (Gigantic map, epic, with a lot of civs) from the begining to the end?

I bought another 4 Gb RAM and now i have 8 Gb RAM, so i believe i can exclude this problem (i tried again to load a saved game, and it crashed).

I remember several turns before the save there was a „dark plague” or something like that (farms cannont produce more than 3 food per tile, and lose one food for every grassland or something like that). Can this event be the cause?

Please, help, i really really enjoy this MOD and want to play it... :confused:

A second thought: i can translate the MOD in Romanian, if somebody can tell me how to proceed. I speak english quite well, passion for history present, good knowledge about game and ... will.

@ Dreifels: did you noticed, when loading, the crashing saves did not loaded that vertical window where you can see the the characteristics of the game? THe loading save freeze right there, before loading that window, and stay there about 20 seconds - and after that, puffff - the crash come...

9. Dreifels

Dreifels King

I fear that I have no good answer just now: ALL games (I started three) crash earlier or later (for different reasons, my have other issues but also crash in mid of game), and it seems that currently no one is here (or has time) to have a look and fix it.

We only can wait until one with the right experience and skills will help.
    :scan:

10. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I've tested many games on gigantic maps and played up to the last turn without crashes and I have a 7 years old PC with 4GB ram. As I've already said, I'm away from my modding PC for one month more at least and I think I'm the only one who can currently check this crash.

About translation, thanks for your offer, there's already a translation team and a topic about it on the forum, I can't find the link but I've already provided it to dreifels. You can join the translation team if you wish, I think I need to approve your request on the translation site Transifex.

11. Dreifels

Dreifels King

I had just one only that I could play until its end, but in between there have been several updates and with the current version all games crash earlier or later.
    Maybe I just made a setting or game string which is causing that, and you never went that way. But as I don't know exact what is coausing this, I cannot ship around the problem. So I stop paying until you propagate a fix or other solution für the crashing games. Makes noo sense to start a new one suspecting it will crash anyways, too.

(In between I play Skyrim, LOL )

BTW: I prefer ROM AND in opposite to C2C, because the C2C ppl permanently make changes and always hits the memory border, and so, even if there are some features which I like, there never is a stabile game for the GEM, and because this with moire frustration than fun.

Hope that here will come again the one stabile version for a map with GEM size, running fine until its end. That is the Civ4 as I like it much more than Civ 5.

12. btsuser

btsuser Chieftain

No, I did NOT end the turn. I tried to discover another tech right after the first one. I could do that before. If it's not like that now, can we have the option to do so now?

13. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

AFAIK it's been like this for years, it was done on purpose. I'm away from my modding PC for some weeks but anyway I don't have any plan to change this or introduce a new option.

14. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

Alas, another game I'll have to set aside because of a consistent CTD upon ending the turn.

I know that for the time being nothing can really be done, but if anyone else wants to take a look to see if it works out better for them, here's the save.

Attached Files:

15. Dreifels

Dreifels King

CTD when next turn but minidump is size 0 and empty and while crashing I get a Windows Application Crash window
    APPCRASH
    Civ4BeyondSword.exe
    4a0c27e6
    ntdll.dll
    56eb302d
    c0000005
    0002df76
    e8ad
    e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863
    e8ad
    e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

16. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Then it might be a graphical problem, but I'm not sure

17. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

I was getting similar app crashes, but if it's not continuing for you either then I suppose that Save is a lost cause unfortunately :(

18. Tolina

Tolina communism will win.

OK, so I generate a map with the Totestra mapscript. It loads, but when I click the menu showing the options I've chosen for the game, it CTDs.

19. daccad

daccad Chieftain

@ 45°38'N-13°47'E & @ Dreifels:

I loaded an earlier save (year 140) and i played somehow different. In year 140 occured the Dark plague. I did not receive again the message for the dark plague, i was able to play, save, reload etc. The difference was: some civ attacked Netherlands, who did not attacked me again. No other difference, but it seems it was enough to not have again CDT.
    I played arround 200 turns since then, and i am able to continue normaly.
    And one observation: even if i did not received the message with the occurence of Dark plague, i received a message when this even ended, so maybe it have nothing to do with CDT.

20. Me_Myself

Me_Myself Chieftain

Hello! Thanks for great mode!
    Got an issue that I can't fix. Installed civ4 and AND2 most recent (1003) build today. Game works fine with and2_checker in path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn
    But! When I try to update from 1003 to 1009 - after I hit "Update" button module updater stays forever at 0%. There appears a file created in a mod folder called "update" but it stays forever as empty.