AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

45°38'N-13°47'E;14300236 said:
Vokarya, have you noticed that you can skip Sanitation (Classical Era) until you have to research Biology (Industrial Era)? Looks a bit odd to me.

Yes, but I don't have a really good place to put the outgoing link. The placement of Sanitation and Sewer Systems has always felt weird to me. It's one of those things that was discovered, then lapsed, then rediscovered. We don't really have a very good mechanic for that.

The best I can think of is Crop Rotation. Would that work?

Yes, but I don't have a really good place to put the outgoing link. The placement of Sanitation and Sewer Systems has always felt weird to me. It's one of those things that was discovered, then lapsed, then rediscovered. We don't really have a very good mechanic for that.

The best I can think of is Crop Rotation. Would that work?

Would Anatomy be crazy? Crop Rotation has always Biology as its exit point, and it's just 2 columns further than Sanitation. If you don't agree with Anatomy, then Crop Rotation is ok. I agree with you about the difficulty of placement.

I don't know if it's a MCP problem but I've never noticed before, Radama of the Malagasy civ doesn't show up in the diplomacy screen, it's just the usual pink square of a missing art or art definition. Since it's using Menelik or Mansa Musa art, looking at files, could it be something caused by the recent art changes?

45°38'N-13°47'E;14301176 said:
I don't know if it's a MCP problem but I've never noticed before, Radama of the Malagasy civ doesn't show up in the diplomacy screen, it's just the usual pink square of a missing art or art definition. Since it's using Menelik or Mansa Musa art, looking at files, could it be something caused by the recent art changes?

You are correct. Radama's button used the old path. I updated the hotfix ZIP.

You are correct. Radama's button used the old path. I updated the hotfix ZIP.
If you haven't fixed it yet, the old file caused the same problem with Alooma of the Kanem Bornu.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14301430 said:
If you haven't fixed it yet, the old file caused the same problem with Alooma of the Kanem Bornu.

It's fixed now. I updated the hotfix files again.

I must say that I really hate that phrase about one of your city rebelling and joining the Barbarian State. When I get back I'll find a way to rephrase it at least from Renaissance onwards. Something like "The city will fall into rebels hands". The whole concept of barbarians is absurd from renaissance to Transhuman. I'll change that name to rebels or perhaps terrorists in modern era.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14302946 said:
I must say that I really hate that phrase about one of your city rebelling and joining the Barbarian State. When I get back I'll find a way to rephrase it at least from Renaissance onwards. Something like "The city will fall into rebels hands". The whole concept of barbarians is absurd from renaissance to Transhuman. I'll change that name to rebels or perhaps terrorists in modern era.

I think replacing the word "Barbarian" with "Savage" or something similar could work in all eras.

"Your worker was destroyed by a barbarian wolf."
vs.
"Your worker was destroyed by a savage wolf."

I think replacing the word "Barbarian" with "Savage" or something similar could work in all eras.

"Your worker was destroyed by a barbarian wolf."
vs.
"Your worker was destroyed by a savage wolf."
Since we don't have military animal units, that's not an issue and we could drop the word barbarian completely in this case. But I'm mostly thinking about revolution spawned barbarians: savages doesn't sound good either.

"The city will fall into rebel hands" sounds fine to me.

Is anyoone else experiencing a weird bug after the last update where you can't build plantations (on appropriate resources)? When you mouseover a resource (Incense, Spice, Bananas, etc.), it says it requires Vertical Farming

Is anyoone else experiencing a weird bug after the last update where you can't build plantations (on appropriate resources)? When you mouseover a resource (Incense, Spice, Bananas, etc.), it says it requires Vertical Farming

Yes I saw that too, and could be related to the new Dome Farm improvement. It happens to me when there's already an improvement on the resource (A cottage, farm, workshop, whatever) so if that's the case for you as well just have a soldier pillage the existing improvement an you should be able to build the Plantation as normal.

Why i can not update mod?
Module update does not work: "Checking and downloading data: 2125 files left" and 0% forever

Why i can not update mod?
Module update does not work: "Checking and downloading data: 2125 files left" and 0% forever
Possibly a firewall issue? Which revision are you using currently?

Yes I saw that too, and could be related to the new Dome Farm improvement. It happens to me when there's already an improvement on the resource (A cottage, farm, workshop, whatever) so if that's the case for you as well just have a soldier pillage the existing improvement an you should be able to build the Plantation as normal.
Vokarya, is this a problem you can solve with your skills or does it require dll work and should I add it to my todo list for when I get back?

45°38'N-13°47'E;14304338 said:
Vokarya, is this a problem you can solve with your skills or does it require dll work and should I add it to my todo list for when I get back?

I'd like to see what I can do.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14304333 said:
Possibly a firewall issue? Which revision are you using currently?

I completely deactivated antivirus and firewall. Mod 1.003, launcher 1.23. Was downloaded yesterday from site

45°38'N-13°47'E;14304338 said:

I'm going to poke around a little more. It is definitely tied to having the multiple improvements all upgrading to the Dome Farm. (I did discover that I forgot to add the Build Dome Farm ability to Worker units. I will fix that in my next upload.)

Has anyone found a trick to get past the turn looping error? Loading previous saves doesn't help, at best I get just a few turns further into a game before I catch the bug again.

I literally can not play this mod (and this mod alone) because EVERY single game catches this problem at some point.

EDIT: I added a save file. The file was too large to use the attachment. And I'm playing rev 1007. I also don't have revolutions on.

https://www.mediafire.com/?gk6clkfbbwn1h1j

Top Bottom