AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

I traded units and only got half of them delivered to my capitol,
Capture.PNG

but the Unit Screen says they're there (somewhere?).
Invisible Catapults!.png

2+4=10 ???

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0302.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.9 MB · Views: 40
I just noticed a small bug in the Sevopedia. If Palace is required for a building, the Palace icon does not show in the Requirements button panel. Here is the entry for Treasury. It requires a Palace but no Palace button appears, just the Monarchy tech requirement.

Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

This is the part of the code that handles it, in SevoPediaBuilding.py:
Code:
        for j in range(gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos()):
            if (gc.getBuildingInfo(self.iBuilding).isBuildingClassNeededInCity(j)):
                iBuilding = gc.getBuildingClassInfo(j).getDefaultBuildingIndex()
                if (iBuilding > 0):
                    screen.attachImageButton(panelName, "", gc.getBuildingInfo(iBuilding).getButton(), GenericButtonSizes.BUTTON_SIZE_CUSTOM, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_PEDIA_JUMP_TO_BUILDING, iBuilding, -1, False)

The problem is that iBuilding is supposed to be greater than zero to produce a button, but iBuilding for the Palace IS 0. I did a quick test with replacing that > with >=. It seems to work. The Palace icon is produced and the Sevopedia doesn't show any other icons. I was afraid the code would treat an undefined as a zero, but it doesn't.

This is what it looks like after the fix. Only the Palace icon is shown.

Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

I have a save that goes into infinite loop(?) at end of turn - everything apart from Music and rotating globe freezes, including the clock, CPU usage is 100%, it does not complete even after many hours, but I see nothing particular in logs.
I've tried going back a turn, it goes through, but next turn I encounter this "freezing" situation again. It happens on both rev1062 and rev1066, both wine and win7 (different machines).
How shall I investigate what is wrong?
Save in question: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-_N0ovYB7c-dmYwazRSdC1UaTA

I have a save that goes into infinite loop(?) at end of turn - everything apart from Music and rotating globe freezes, including the clock, CPU usage is 100%, it does not complete even after many hours, but I see nothing particular in logs.
I've tried going back a turn, it goes through, but next turn I encounter this "freezing" situation again. It happens on both rev1062 and rev1066, both wine and win7 (different machines).
How shall I investigate what is wrong?
Save in question: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-_N0ovYB7c-dmYwazRSdC1UaTA

I can't check right now, but are you playing with a small Units Per Tile limit (BUG options, A New Dawn tab, right column)? If so, try increasing the UPT limit. Most of the time a loop is caused by AI trying to move some units while it can't find a way because of the UPT limit.

I can't check right now, but are you playing with a small Units Per Tile limit (BUG options, A New Dawn tab, right column)? If so, try increasing the UPT limit. Most of the time a loop is caused by AI trying to move some units while it can't find a way because of the UPT limit.
I've checked and it's 0(I play on fairly default settings), I've tried switching to 100 and there was no difference

SVN 1066 - Human becoming a vassal to AI, High to Low game.

In my current game of High to Low, I've become a vassal to the AI, even though I have "Human can't offer to be a vassal to AI" option checked.

It may be nit picking, but I believe that if you have this option checked, you can't become a vassal, just because you've been sent to your next civ.

It should select the lowest civ score, who hasn't vassaled themselves, and not just the Lowest civ score, regardless of being a vassal or not.

You can't cancel the vassal state status, just because your human.

Solution - remove vassals being a valid civ to take over.

*Edit* I could cancel the Vassal state deal. Not sure if it was Voluntary or forced??

Oh another thing I've noticed, is that the rate of slaves from combat has been decreased markedly. I fought thousands of battles as the Indians, and I didn't receive one slave from combat, and I was running SLAVERY civic. At a 10% chance, I should have picked up at least 100 slave workers.

*Edit 2* On trading workers - why can't these be added to the F4 Screen of resources. The only way you can trade workers is by individually going through each civ, and checking if they have surplus workers to trade.

Civs can have them redded out, saying "we would have nothing to gain, or just not listed. Very rarely, do you get the ability to actually trade workers, it would just make it easier if it was listed.

If this can't be done, why not have an alert saying "Civ X is willing to trade workers"

Last edited:
I'm having an issue with great people, specifically initiating golden ages. I have well more than enough to do so, but it still says I need one more.

Attachments

• Void AD-1908-March.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.6 MB · Views: 61
I'm having an issue with great people, specifically initiating golden ages. I have well more than enough to do so, but it still says I need one more.

You need to have different types of Great People, and Great Generals don't count since they can't start a Golden Age on their own. In fact, the game text even says "of different types." You have Artists, Scientists, and Diplomats. If I add a Great Prophet with WorldBuilder, then I can trigger a Golden Age.

I don't think this behavior has changed at all from vanilla BTS.

The "avoid unhealthy/angry people" feature does not work in my games.

avoid.jpg

In an old version from Affores ("Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn 1.75.exe"), a city will keep its current population to prevent unhealthy/angry people even if it collected enough food.

I have posted that issue(?) little time ago :egypt:, but not in the correct thread.
I'm curious: perhaps, it's not a bug but a (dropped) feature? :cry:

EDIT: Savegame "OneTurnBeforeGrowth" in ZIP archive.

Attachments

• OneTurnBeforeGrowth.zip
    473.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I've posted the same before. It will keep your population below the angry threshold, but once you exceed it, due to increased empire size, building a building that creates angry people, etc, it will continue to accrue population.

The Health, I don't worry so much about, its the angry that's most important to me.

Is there a bug with how :mad: from tax rate is calculated? I'm currently running President and Liberal with :mad: at every 20% & 35% of the :gold: slider respectively.

So, expected :mad: progression would be like this:
  • 1 :mad: @ 20% :gold:
  • 2 :mad: @ 35% :gold:
  • 3 :mad: @ 40% :gold:
  • 4 :mad: @ 65% :gold:
  • 5 :mad: @ 70% :gold:
  • 6 :mad: @ 80% :gold:
  • 7 :mad: @ 100% :gold:
But here's what I'm actually observing:
  • 1 :mad: @ 15% :gold:
  • 2 :mad: @ 25% :gold:
  • 3 :mad: @ 40% :gold:
  • 4 :mad: @ 50% :gold:
  • 5 :mad: @ 65% :gold:
  • 6 :mad: @ 75% :gold:
  • 7 :mad: @ 90% :gold:
  • 8 :mad: @ 100% :gold:
Is there something else that could be affecting this? If so, I can check and confirm.
Spoiler Screenshots, first and last observed data points :

Doesn't it kinda make sense? You get earlier penalties due to having a Civic giving you unhappiness at 20% tax rate?

The actual variable used to calculate that unhappiness is <iTaxRateUnhappiness>. For Liberal it's 3 and President it's 5. The number of unhappy faces is the tax rate divided by 100 multiplied by that variable. For multiple civics with tax rate unhappiness, those numbers are added together before calculating the unhappiness rate. Fractions are dropped, but not until the very end.

With a tax rate of 50%:
  • Liberal gives (50/100) * 3 = 1.5 unhappiness, rounded down to 1.
  • President gives (50/100) * 5 = 2.5 unhappiness, rounded down to 2.
  • Liberal AND President together gives (50/100) * (3+5) = 4 unhappiness.
I guess the game text makes it sound like those unhappiness numbers are calculated individually, but they aren't. This produces exactly the effects you are seeing.

Last edited:
Here's something else I found. I'm reading through the Events code and the Farm Bandits event is supposed to have 3 options: pay 10 gold, lose 5 food in a city and a unit is immobile for 2 turns, or lose 5 food and the event may reoccur. This is supposed to be similar to the third Slave Revolt option. But triggering the repeat requires a <ClearEvents> check; the % chance that the record of the event is removed. For Slave Revolt, it's 40, but for Farm Bandits, it's 100. I think it should be 40 for both.

The actual variable used to calculate that unhappiness is <iTaxRateUnhappiness>. For Liberal it's 3 and President it's 5. The number of unhappy faces is the tax rate divided by 100 multiplied by that variable. For multiple civics with tax rate unhappiness, those numbers are added together before calculating the unhappiness rate. Fractions are dropped, but not until the very end.

With a tax rate of 50%:
  • Liberal gives (50/100) * 3 = 1.5 unhappiness, rounded down to 1.
  • President gives (50/100) * 5 = 2.5 unhappiness, rounded down to 2.
  • Liberal AND President together gives (50/100) * (3+5) = 4 unhappiness.
I guess the game text makes it sound like those unhappiness numbers are calculated individually, but they aren't. This produces exactly the effects you are seeing.

I see. I had a suspicion that there was a rounding issue due to the way it is calculated. Would there be a better way to calculate it or have it described in the civic menu?

SVN 1066 - Worker trading.

I've figured out part of this problem, its only when workers are Idle, that you able to trade them. Either you or the AI.

If they are engaged on a job, they won't be listed in the trade windows.

wrong!!!! it must be if they have surplus workers that turn, or a need for them, as I just opened borders with Shaka, and I could trade 2 workers, who were building a mine in 2 turns, so busy, but he has none to trade to me.

2nd Problem, which is beyond me, is when I trade for Indian workers, who are FAST WORKERS. They stay with the fast worker graphic, speed, 3 movement, once they are given over to me. The reverse also holds true, if you trade workers to the Indian AI's or Human as the Indian civ, workers will remain as plain workers.

Capturing and losing workers to capture (which the AI destroys 100%) will have them revert to a normal worker, or a fast worker as the case maybe.

Vokarya, has stated that its to do with the worker being 'recreated', why can't it be recreated as well.

I think the same goes for units as well, if you have a unique unit, and trade it to another civ, it retains its graphics, abilities etc.

This would have to be tested, as most are generic trading of units, siege, melee, gunpowder, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom