1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

Last game played and they gained exp but there was something wrong with control points if remember correct.. it was game withh lates revision. I test again later..

2. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

On field commanders not gaining experience, they only have a limited number of 'turns' to gain experience. After they are used up in a turn, they won't gain experience, until a fresh turn.

2 control points, 2 combat turns.
    5 Control point, 5 combat turns.
    10 Control points, 10 combat turns.

3. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Post a save game and we can look. It's working for me.

4. johnz

johnz Chieftain

I hate "BugInit - cannot find XML file for mod init". Tried 3 times full new installation of civ4 bts and and2. nothing. :(

So, I had worked AND2. Then I Installed MCP and got Buginit error. Then I delete all (civ, My Games folder) and installed again. Buginit error again. It's freaking me out and I'm going to crash my computer on knee.

5 hours trying...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  5. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

What's your operating system, and what is the file path to your Bug Main Interface.ini file? Those seem to be the first steps we need to figure anything out.

6. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

As Vokarya said, it might depend on your installation path. Have a look at CvAltRoot.py included in the main AND folder. Open it with a text editor and follow instruction there.

7. johnz

johnz Chieftain

I did.
    rootDir = "C:\Users\john\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\"
    After that there is no error with Buginit xml, but still no interface.

Game Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
    AND2 Path: C:\Users\john\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\and2_checker.exe
    BUG Main Interface.ini Path: C:\Users\john\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\UserSettings\BUG Main Interface.ini

It looks absolutely correct, but doesn't work :(

I found the solution once, but now it doesn't work too:
    Setup Bugmod (C:\Users\john\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\BUGMod_4.4)
    Run Classical BTS (C:\Program Files (x86)\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe)
    Load Bugmod
    Load AND2 mod
    And now I see the interface with no errors.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  8. madkrank

madkrank Chieftain

Upon closer testing I've figured out it was the MCP that causes this bug.

without it commander works fine now.

9. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

What happens if you set up AND without setting up BUG first? BUG is part of AND and I've never had to load it separately.

Also, I install mods to C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods (I purchased the versions separately). If you have a Mods folder in your Program Files folder rather than My Games, you could try moving the mod folder there and see what happens.

10. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

That seems strange to me. MCP is all XML code and it shouldn't have an effect on commanders. I wonder what could cause that.

11. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

Confirm this, always play with MCP and commanders gain exp.

12. King Victor I

King Victor I Chieftain

3 times in 3 days, I have had this happen:
    Load my current game, which has movement limitations active
    Observe that my units are able to move farther from my territory than they are supposed to (also, have to ctrl-R again to get resource display bubbles back)
    Restart computer, load game again
    Movement limitations working correctly

13. Cor'e =)

Cor'e =) Warlord

I'm getting this glitch in promotions graphics: Two 3-stars before.PNG Two 3-stars after.PNG

14. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

That was a mistake I made when I compiled the atlas files for the buttons; I never noticed it until you pointed it out. I can fix it, but it will take a full replacement of Graphics.FPK. That's a big file, so I don't want to force people to download it more than necessary. There were a few new buttons I was planning to add for new civics, so I'll do everything at once.

15. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Has anyone ever gotten the event "Billions and Billions" to trigger? I was looking at the events that have a gold cost and I could not get this one to trigger without editing the XML. I think something got messed up when it was imported into AND. I'll fix it, but I'm just wondering if this event has EVER shown up for anyone.

billions.PNG

The event also needs adjusting for AND. The original event provides a choice between +4 science to the city's Broadcast Tower or if you control Hollywood, spend 200 gold to give all your Theatres +3 science. I think it should count the TV Station instead of the Broadcast Tower and affect Cinemas instead of Theatres.

On a side note, I also discovered that a <PythonCanDo> can choke on a letter that is or is not capitalized between the XML code and the Python code. I guess that will teach me to look at EVERYTHING when debugging. I only noticed it because I copied from the XML to the Python to see if there was a misspelling that I had missed.

16. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Not me.

17. madkrank

madkrank Chieftain

Yes further testing it I've come to a conclusion that it wasnt MCP causing it but I had Stack Attack option selected in BUG menu.

Sorry for all the panic :blush:

btw I've also noticed Im not getting anymore gold for pillaging, did that get removed?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  18. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Probably not. Maybe an other BUG option? Friendly pillaging or something?

19. johnz

johnz Chieftain

Absolutely the same — no interface. I will try to istall game and mode again.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  20. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

May sound lame but...
    Are you sure you didn't accidentally press CTRL-I or ALT-I - whatever toggles to No Interface? :mischief:
    (Just asking because it DID happen to me in the past :crazyeye:)