AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Absolutely the same — no interface. I will try to istall game and mode again.
I had user interface issue when I used the SVN update version

It's only after I installed the installer version did it work.

Last edited:
I had no interface issue when I used the SVN update version
It's only after I installed the installer version did it work.

As Vokarya said, it might depend on your installation path. Have a look at CvAltRoot.py included in the main AND folder. Open it with a text editor and follow instruction there.

I think I found the solution.

After every update by SVN you have to write correct path in CvAltRoot.py and put the file in [AND2]/Assets/Python folder. After every update. I fixed my no interface problem only this way. Now I changed the attributes of the CvAltRoot.py to "Read only".

Probably not. Maybe an other BUG option? Friendly pillaging or something?
I do not see any option for gold pillaging in BUG

even thought I may have perhaps forgot to check it while setting up my game and nothing there either.

wow this mod is so broken

even a year before it was more stable than it is now

I thought you guys were supposed to improve it not halfass what was left of it?

HOLY COW!

ABANDON SHIP

Im off to see other mods!

Moderator Action: Two sequential posts merged. ~ Arakhor

Last edited by a moderator:
Rev 1066 Defending on Mountains, Fury 3 promotion and Fanatic

The Odds calculator is incorrectly apply the Defense Modifier for mountains.

It seems to use the Underlying terrain in its modifications and not the Mountain itself.

It will correctly apply the +75% for mountains, then it will deduct 95% for terrains defense. (70% for fury 3, 25% for Fanatic)

The underlying plot must be grassland, plains, marsh or desert, as all of these have a -95% defense modifier.

Hills, I would have no modifier, but for a Mountain I have -95%

Solution - Mountains need to not take into account the base terrain modifiers.

*Edit* School of scribes and National courier system.

The National Courier system is unable to be Built, once you have reached the level of Printing presses.

As I was playing a high to low game, with set city sites, I never was able to achieve 7 cities until I had reached printing press.

Now I am unable to build the National Courier system, as I need 7 schools of scribes, but I can't build them as they are obsoleted by the printing presses.

Solution - Enable the national courier system for ANY of the School of scribes replacement line.

*Edit 2* Workhouses - These buildings are showing a - 11 Hammers, when in fact it should be +15% for the city, This is all due to the one citizen being employed. ( I just figured it out)

Solution - Workhouses not to employ one citizen

*Edit 3* National wonders - High to low.

If you playing a high to low game, the existing National wonders of the previous civ player won't count towards your civ limit. So you can end up building 2x the national wonder limit.

i.e. Playing High to low, my 3rd civ I took over was the English. they already had 3 national wonders in the capital city. When I took over the civ, the national wonder limit was 0 (Zero) but I had a Brewery, and two other early national wonders (can't remember what), I then proceeded to build 3 more in the capital, Paper mill, Glass factory, and another river wonder. Making 6 national wonders, for a 3 limit.

Solution - Apply national wonders to a Civ and not a player.

Last edited:
I was trying to find the Building Class for Querns, does it exist? I could not locate it, but i did see some anomalies that may need attention though...
1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

It's some bad text keys in the BuildingClass info file. I'll fix them. Those almost never come up in-play, but they do here.

Hill of Tara cannot be built by Great Diplomat...?
Hill of Tara Bug.png

Says it needs a Hill in the City vicinity, which it has, but Hills & Mountains seem to have some issues in the Sevopedia as well, they are not there:
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Hill of Tara cannot be built by Great Diplomat...?

It never could. Hill of Tara produces Great Diplomat points, but that's not the same as being able to be built by a Great Diplomat. That ability has to be specifically given, like how Pont du Gard can be built by a Great Engineer. It is specifically coded in the XML.

Says it needs a Hill in the City vicinity, which it has, but Hills & Mountains seem to have some issues in the Sevopedia as well, they are not there:

I think of hills and mountains as their own feature layer. They stack on top of a base terrain, but they can coexist with other features like Forests or Jungles. Trying to create a page for that would be very difficult for me.

It never could. Hill of Tara produces Great Diplomat points, but that's not the same as being able to be built by a Great Diplomat. That ability has to be specifically given, like how Pont du Gard can be built by a Great Engineer. It is specifically coded in the XML.
I think of hills and mountains as their own feature layer. They stack on top of a base terrain, but they can coexist with other features like Forests or Jungles. Trying to create a page for that would be very difficult for me.
Ok, Great Diplomat emergence points, got it, thank you!
There's a Hill link in the Sevopedia page for The Hill of Tara (pic below), which goes to Base Terrains (see previous pic), but there's no Base Terrain link for it shown there (or for Peak links, see pic below), you say it would be hard to create them, but they're already in the Sevopedia (somewhere), and why does it say a City cannot be built on Hills (is that vanilla BtS rules?). ?
Hill.PNG

Mountain.PNG

Ok, Great Diplomat emergence points, got it, thank you!
There's a Hill link in the Sevopedia page for The Hill of Tara (pic below), which goes to Base Terrains (see previous pic), but there's no Base Terrain link for it shown there (or for Peak links, see pic below), you say it would be hard to create them, but they're already in the Sevopedia (somewhere), and why does it say a City cannot be built on Hills (is that vanilla BtS rules?). ?

The problem with displaying Hills and Peaks in the Civilopedia is that they are marked with the tag <bGraphicalOnly>. This suppresses them in the Pedia. I do not want to change this because it does go all the way back to BTS and I do not know if the tag does anything else. It is not unique to AND. I also do not want to have the Civilopedia display graphic-only terrains because that would also display Slimy Coast, Slimy Ocean, and No Terrain.

Also, you can always found cities on Hills, but you cannot found a city on a Peak until you reach Algebra tech. Mountaineering makes units able to cross Peaks only (or Guerrilla III/Mountaineer promotion).

Movement Limit exploiting fun

I've found a bug about ML that is really fun to exploit :)

On the pic bellow you see my 2 cities to the south, the northern part of the red area shows my ML borders and the plots signed "SAFE" are places where there's no damage for the distance.
Civ4ScreenShot0910.JPG

On this next pic you see an Oasis tile and 6 Flood Plains
Civ4ScreenShot0911.JPG

Apparently it is Oasis and Flood Plains that makes a tile "safe" (and not fresh water).

It is really fun to go along rivers to find some safe spots where my hunter can rest a little and heal :) This way I've gone about 2 or 3 times further than my ML borders should have let me go. It was really fun on a Gigantic/Eternity map in the early game but you may want to fix it.

Solution:
  • make ALL fresh water tiles safe (so the AI can explore along rivers too)
  • OR make Oasis and Flood Plains un-safe too (so I cannot either)

To be fair, that's a quite amusing "bug", and it sounds like a cool idea to implement in fullness.

Movement Limit exploiting fun

I've found a bug about ML that is really fun to exploit :)

On the pic bellow you see my 2 cities to the south, the northern part of the red area shows my ML borders and the plots signed "SAFE" are places where there's no damage for the distance.
View attachment 476514

On this next pic you see an Oasis tile and 6 Flood PlainsView attachment 476515
Apparently it is Oasis and Flood Plains that makes a tile "safe" (and not fresh water).

It is really fun to go along rivers to find some safe spots where my hunter can rest a little and heal :) This way I've gone about 2 or 3 times further than my ML borders should have let me go. It was really fun on a Gigantic/Eternity map in the early game but you may want to fix it.

Solution:
  • make ALL fresh water tiles safe (so the AI can explore along rivers too)
  • OR make Oasis and Flood Plains un-safe too (so I cannot either)

It's because movement limit damage is tied to terrain damage. Any tile can be damaging if its base terrain has a negative <iHealthPercent> value, and movement limits add directly to that. However, any tile with a feature that increases food production negates all terrain damage. Oasis and Flood Plains are the only features that currently do this.

This needs to be fixed by DLL editing, which I can't do. The terrain damage needs to be zeroed out before adding on movement limit penalties.

I posted a previous "graphic only" for Hills which says you cannot. This link from above pic.

I think it's because hills can stack with other terrains. If your other terrain is legal to found, then you can found cities there. The Civilopedia text doesn't notice whether or not the other terrain is legal; it just sees the <bFound> variable for Hills as 0 and automatically outputs the "Cannot found cities here" text.

SVN 1066 - Parade grounds.

Parade Grounds don't provide 'free' experience to mounted units, even though it says it provides it to ALL new units.

I assume it won't apply to Naval or Air units either, but only land, and non mounted at that.

As a civic specific building, Standing army, it won't upgrade, but you should note its for non mounted land units only.

Top Bottom