AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

7. World bank national wonder – This one is NOT including the 5% interest you receive on your :gold: balance in calculation the gold /turn profit/loss.

Actual error is, when you mouse over the interest, last line in F2 screen, it shows the foreign income received, and not the interest paid. So its counting the foreign income twice, and not counting the interest at all.

Please to amend the F2 screen to correctly reflect this. If that is correct, then fix the upper left gold/turn display to correctly reflect the worlds bank influence.

Temples of Isis, Osiris, and Set, are these meant to be National wonders for a Religion??? Kemetism ??? Only religion to have such???

Last edited:
Please, look at this image: although Stiletto boat has got Navigation II and Coastal Assault I, Piracy promotion isn't available.Same happens also with Stealth sub. Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG

Please, look at this image: although Stiletto boat has got Navigation II and Coastal Assault I, Piracy promotion isn't available.Same happens also with Stealth sub.View attachment 477941
Isn't Piracy a civic specific promotion?

EDIT:
Yes, it is:

Code:
<PrereqOrCivics>
                <PrereqCivic>
                    <CivicOption>CIVIC_DESPOTISM</CivicOption>
                    <bPrereqCivic>1</bPrereqCivic>
                </PrereqCivic>
                <PrereqCivic>
                    <CivicOption>CIVIC_HEREDITARY_RULE</CivicOption>
                </PrereqCivic>
                <PrereqCivic>
                    <CivicOption>CIVIC_NATIONALIST</CivicOption>
                </PrereqCivic>
                <PrereqCivic>
                    <CivicOption>CIVIC_MERCANTILISM</CivicOption>
                </PrereqCivic>
            </PrereqOrCivics>

Isn't Piracy a civic specific promotion?

EDIT:
Yes, it is:

Code:
<PrereqOrCivics>
                <PrereqCivic>
                    <CivicOption>CIVIC_DESPOTISM</CivicOption>
                </PrereqCivic>
                <PrereqCivic>
                    <CivicOption>CIVIC_HEREDITARY_RULE</CivicOption>
                </PrereqCivic>
                <PrereqCivic>
                    <CivicOption>CIVIC_NATIONALIST</CivicOption>
                </PrereqCivic>
                <PrereqCivic>
                    <CivicOption>CIVIC_MERCANTILISM</CivicOption>
                </PrereqCivic>
            </PrereqOrCivics>

OK, thanks ZN.
My bad,I didn't notice it's clearly stated in civilopedia.:crazyeye:

Last edited:
Rev1066

Foundry and Star fort should probably give access to build prerequisite buildings of Forge (Armourer) and Castle(some castle expansions). Foundry seems to be a worse replacement in most cases anyway.

Rev1066

Foundry and Star fort should probably give access to build prerequisite buildings of Forge (Armourer) and Castle(some castle expansions). Foundry seems to be a worse replacement in most cases anyway.

Foundry's getting fixed so it isn't so much of a problem when built. Armourer is already replaced by Cannon Forge before Foundry comes available. CF requires Gunpowder, Foundry requires Metallurgy.

Castle to Star Fort is a rare case of what I have deliberately left as a paradigm shift. Castle is a near-government center, while Star Fort is strictly military. I would like to revise Castle Garden so it isn't tied to Castle and merge Castle Gatehouse and City Gatehouse.

Merging the two gatehouses sounds sensible. You could rename the garden to 'Civic Garden', if that would help.

Problems that need to be addressed. - SVN 1066

1. The Courier system. -
Spoiler :
Can ONLY be built with schools of scribes. Those obsolete with Printing Press and the Printer. If you omit to build the required number of schools of scribes, due to various factors, and research Printing press, your precluded from building this most critical national wonder. It only obsoletes with Telegraph, and has no replacement wonder. BUT its effect is NOT obsoleted. I deduce this from having 16 turns of Anarchy for 1 civic change, 20 turns for 2 changes. (Eternity speed, gigantic map)

New Civ's, be they rebels, Evolutionary civ's, High to Low games. CAN’T build this powerful national wonder. (F9, national wonders)

Solution – Allow upgraded building up until the telegraph office to be valid for building of the courier system national wonder. Telegraph should allow this wonders effect.

Other national wonders obsoleted by base building requirements;

Globe Theater (Theaters) replaced by National Hermitage, Moai Statues (Myth of the sea, Obsolete at Theology), Statue of Champion (Arena), even if ultimately obsoleted in effect.

2. Bunkers not flipping due to Culture. -
Spoiler :
A Bunker, Command post or Fort I assume, won’t flip culturally, no matter how much culture you put into the tile. I’ve seen a bunker occupied by 1 AI, with only 1 unit, 0% cultural influence, with the 2nd AI having 98% cultural influence, but it won’t flip. Even though its completely surrounded 2 tiles deep by the 2nd AI’s culture. Only unoccupied bunkers can flip.

Solution – Allow the fixed borders cultural requirement for flipping of occupied bunkers, 66%, and leave at 51% for unoccupied, or majority culture.

As well, the AI is ‘Fort/Bunker/Command post building happy along borders’ but it WON’T OCCUPY THEM. Please amend so that the AI’s treat these as if they were cities in occupancy urgency.

3. Cities not allowing the highest base transport route. -
Spoiler :
Existing and new cities, won’t upgrade their transport routes past Highway’s, once you research Auto-mobile. If you have Electric rail-roads available, it still won’t enable them as base transport route. Maglev is enabled as upgraded city route.

Solution – Enable the highest base transport route in cities to be an automatic upgrade.

4. The Vassals button option in Bug. -
Spoiler :
The button text says “Can trade vassals”, but all it really does is enable or disable vassalage. You have this as a game option at the set up screen, “Player can have vassals”

This needs to be fixed so you can actually trade vassals if you have vassals enabled, or if its disabled, it becomes grayed out as an option.

OR removed if this isn’t feasible to do.

5. Military policies and M.A.D. -
Spoiler :
Military policies are not giving the correct bonuses to other civ's running the same.
As well, its giving the reverse bonuses TO civ’s NOT running M.A.D.
A civ running M.A.D. GIVES TO;
Pacifism -4 “your military policies threaten the world.”
Standing army -2 “Your military policies threaten the world.”
Volunteer army -2 “Your military policies threaten the world”

Correctly enable the military policy bonuses. M.A.D. running civ's should receive the -ve bonuses, not give them out, from other civ's running the appropriate civics.

Also your own citizens will demand M.A.D. , it would seem, realistically, that they would be UPSET you adopted M.A.D.

6. Buildings requiring resources to build. –
Spoiler :
A Building, example given here is Bunker, requires Steel & Concrete to build. If you lose access to Steel or Iron, through, war, mines depleting etc., suddenly you can’t build these buildings. OK fine.

BUT the EXISTING COMPLETED buildings, will ALSO stop functioning.

Resource => Product

Iron => Steel

Completed Buildings ; Bunker, Bomb shelter (Nukes), Cannery (or Aluminum), Hydro plant, Skyscraper, Flak tower, Eiffel tower, Statue of Liberty (wonder), 3 Gorges dam (wonder), World trade centre (wonder), Crystal palace (wonder, or Aluminum), Military base, Arsenal, Cannon turret, Gun turret, Railway station (or copper), Durasteel plant(& Nano tubes), Golden spike (wonder, Iron only).

Copper => None

Completed buildings; Cannon forge (or Iron), Armourer (or Iron), Telephone network, Railway station (or Iron or steel).

Bauxite => Aluminum

Completed buildings; Manufacturing plant, Android factory, Mech Assembly plant (or Nanotubes), Cannery (or Iron), Crystal palace (wonder, or Iron), War head factory (& Uranium).

YET a “National resource building”, such as Cement, Oil products, etc. will continue to produce indefinitely.

Iron works will STOP working, as no Iron, that’s fine. Coal plant, no coal, fine as well.

7. World bank national wonder. –
Spoiler :
This one is NOT including the 2% interest you receive on your :gold: balance in calculation the gold /turn profit/loss.

You only need 12.5K gold in the bank, and you earn the Max 250:gold: per turn for this wonder. You can have the slider at a loss, and still make a profit each turn. @ 2%

Actual error is, when you mouse over the interest, last line in F2 screen, it shows the foreign income received, and not the interest paid. So its counting the foreign income twice, and not counting the interest at all. So you can actually earn MORE then the MAX 250 per turn, with high enough foreign income.

My current game example, foreign income is 523, but it shows 250 interest, but I earn 273 extra above the stated income amount per turn.

Please to amend the F2 screen to correctly reflect this to display correctly the worlds bank influence, and calculate correctly.

8. Resource depletion, with depleting resources. –
Spoiler :
I constantly seem to have MULTIPLE mines, quarries depleting on the same turn. I’ve my only 2 Iron mines run out on same turn, 4 Coal mines one turn, very next turn, another 4 Coal mines.

Please to amend so, each mine has a different counter to resource depletion.

9. Upgrade cost of Cannons to Artillery. -
Spoiler :
this cost is only 20:gold: per cannon to upgrade to an Artillery piece. At Eternity speed, this is patently :deal: too low.

Base_unit_upgrade_cost is set to 20, in global defines.xml. Not sure about his file as Catapults and Trebuchets cost more to upgrade, higher upgrades cost more as well.

10. Defending on Mountains, underlying terrain Furry 3 promotion and fanatic. -
Spoiler :
When you defending on Mountains, and you unit has these 2 promotions, it will use the underlying terrain to calculate the bonuses, and not the +75% defense from the mountain. i.e. Both of these promotions have a cumulative -ve bonus for defending on any flat surface, grassland, marsh, ice etc.
If you defend on a hill, you get the +25% hills bonus, but not the +75% for mountain defense.

Please to change this so the underlying base terrain, i.e. Grassland under mountains is NOT used in bonus calculations.

11. Aircraft naming. -
Spoiler :
This is one of many aircraft units that have lost their naming protocols with the adjustment of the aircraft line of units, from memory the units are;
Bi plane
Early fighter
Jet fighter
Strike fighter
Aurora Scram jet's

Existing Aircraft naming is coped below
Spoiler :

# Enter the user defined naming convention for combat units 'FIGHTER'.
# Default: DEFAULT
CombatFIGHTER = "^cnt[o][t]^ Wing, ^tt1[10:10]^^ttt2^[r][1]^ Squadron, of ^ut^'s from ^ct^ of the armed forces of the ^cv^ Empire"
# Enter the user defined naming convention for combat units 'EARLY BOMBERS'.
CombatEARLY_BOMBERS = "^cnt[o][t]^ Wing, ^tt1[10:10]^^ttt2^[r][1]^ Squadron, of ^ut^'s from ^ct^ of the armed forces of the ^cv^ Empire"
# Enter the user defined naming convention for combat units 'JET FIGHTERS'.
CombatJET_FIGHTERS = "^cnt[o][t]^ Wing,^tt1[10:10]^^tt2[r][1]^ Squadron of ^ut^'s from ^ct^ of the armed forces of the ^cv^ Empire"
# Enter the user defined naming convention for combat units 'BOMBERS'.
CombatBOMBERS = "^cnt[o][t]^ Squadron, ^tt1[10:10]^^tt2[o][1]^ Air wing of ^ut^'s from ^ct^ of the armed forces of the ^cv^ Empire"
# Enter the user defined naming convention for combat units 'SUPERSONIC PLANES'.
CombatSUPERSONIC_PLANES = "^cnt[o][t]^ Squadron, ^tt1[10;10]^^tt2[r][1]^ wing of ^ut^'s from ^ct^ of the armed forces of the ^cv^ Empire"
# XML key TXT_KEY_BUG_OPT_UNITNAMING__COMBAT_STEALTH_HOVER not found
CombatSTEALTH = "^cnt[o][t]^ Squadron, ^tt1[10:10]^^tt2[o][1]^ Fleet of ^ut^'s from ^ct^ of the armed forces of the ^cv^ Empire"

To summarize, there is;
CombatFIGHTER,
CombatEARLY_BOMBERS,
CombatJET_FIGHTERS
CombatBOMBERS
CombatSUPERSONIC_PLANES
CombatSTEALTH

6 Classes of units, please to adjust unit naming to fit into the various unit classes.

12. Avoid angry citizens button. –
Spoiler :
This button, doesn’t work. Cities will grow past the happy limit, and keep growing once they have exceeded it.

As exceeding the limit, is not always about excess food, it should stop further growth once you have greater numbers of citizens unhappy, then when you get it back below unrest limit, it allows growth.

13. Number of cities maintenance. –
Spoiler :
The F3 screen won’t display the maintenance incurred from the number of cities that you have, as it is displayed correctly in the F2 Screen.

Please to include the difference in Number of cities maintenance on the F3 screen, as well as the distance to palace, so when your considering changing civics, say from Federation to Republic, you can see the true cost to your economy.

14. Relocation of Holy cities. -
Spoiler :
This is an option in Bug, but it doesn’t work.

1) If you use and inquisitor to remove the holy city, it won’t move to another civ with 2 cities of that same religion.
2) If you have the majority of a Holy cities religion, but not its holy city, the same said holy city, won’t migrate to your lands.
This is not so much a must fix, but a nice to have.

15. Routes or forms of Routes aren’t in Civopedia. –
Spoiler :
Paths through to Mag Lev aren’t included in the Civopedia. As well, highway’s seem to be rated above Railroads in desirability for cities, even though they only allow 12 tile movement, as opposed to 1/12 movement points for Railroads.

16. Genetics Technology. –
Spoiler :
The mouse over shows Sanitise twice, once for an ‘organ banks’ looking icon, and once for Aquatic defense icon. As well, sanitise is not listed in the civopedia, as to what it is, does, or effects. That’s why its listed twice in the bug options for automation.

As well, sanitise, hot key (s) is the options for clearing fall out, or Radio active dust particles that will descend upon your lands when Nuclear weapons are discharged. Yet you can do this action well before Genetics technology is researched. Ecology allows the scrubbing of fallout.

What does Sanitise do?? obsolete, if so, remove.

P.S. Sanitise, google spelling if you don't like *Yeah, what ever*

17. A-bomb. -
Spoiler :
This unit upgrades to a tactical nuke (cheaper to build) or a MRBM, with a warhead factory, which is meant to be discontinued, but you can build both of them at the same time.

Please to fix the obsolescence of this unit.

18. Some building are making us happy -
Spoiler :
This can have up to 3 separate entries for "Some building are making us happy"

Please consolidate into 1 total of buildings, as resources has, and make a separate entry for Culture

Save attached to check all points
*Much better*

Attachments

• IPEX-731BA5DD06 AD-1959-July - 15 Till Stealth.CivBeyondSwordSave.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Hi everybody, I dont usually post of forums often; civfanatics is my refuge every few months when the need for civ comes.

I had to come here to look for advice for something that s been a big problem, and I cant find a solution; In ROM a new dawn, my units promote automatically - the switch on the unit interface has no effect and the "hide auto promote" in the ROM settings also has no effect. I hope this is the right thread for this question, thanks in advance, and thanks for all the hard work, BTS is for me still the best civ in existence"

I started a new game - newest Version 1066 - and have one Fieldcommander, but he doesnt spend his 5 points - even if he is in my stack. Nothing happens...?

I started a new game - newest Version 1066 - and have one Fieldcommander, but he doesnt spend his 5 points - even if he is in my stack. Nothing happens...?

Field Commander should consume 1 point each time a unit in its stack attacks or defends. It resets at the beginning of your turn, so if you use the points on attack, they won't be available for defense. Each time a Field Commander spends a point, it gains an XP.

Can you post a save for us to look at?

Hi, so weird problem that may have been addressed but I can't find an answer. The unit graphics for some of the units seem to be reverting to other units when they are not selected. For example, the ballista, when not selected or in worldbuilder, appears as an elephant ballista. The carrier appears as a modern carrier, etc. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

SVN 1066 - Pillaging out of unrest.

I'm still getting and error, where I'll pillage a city, with 3 turns of revolt remaining, and suddenly, it'll go from having 3 turns of revolt to none, all on the same turn, while I'm in the middle of pillaging.

My current solution is to play with the raising city cheat enabled, but I only use, when I strike this particular bug. I've had it happen with only 1% culture in the city,so its not that.

I may have a save to upload, it'd be an auto save if so.

weird bug...if i save a game and then reload it....only few icons of the resources appear on the map...very annoying

Top Bottom