1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

F11, to go into world view, check if you only have certain types of resources checked, then f11 to return again.

Re-loading maybe setting this?? or may not, you'll have to check to see.

2. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN - 1066 Hammer overflow event

I've just had the Hammer over flow event in a new city I just settled. I didn't do any chopping of woods, and didn't rush any building with freight. A city below, would have hammer over flow from a freight rushing a building, but nothing else.

Unless destroying a Command post, next to the city would count.

Save attached. (Can't upload, keeps crashing on me)

Its not repeatable, if you play from 2 turns earlier, but from the Auto save right before, it is repeatable.

Sorry the best I can do is 10.8 Meg zipped file, tired Tar, zip, 7zip, etc.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  3. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Go out to global view and select all resources. That simple.

EDIT: Now I see Ipex answered too.

4. evmcmunn

evmcmunn Chieftain

my game seems to crash on gigantic, i have a good enough comp to handle it im pretty sure so I just want to know if there is any problem with gigantic that you are aware of, the turn is something like 2000+ btw, i could give a savegame i guess but i thought id just ask first.

5. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Try playing from an earlier auto save, some times it has to do with the AI path finding.

6. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Supreme court - It lists one of its abilities as 'Free court house in every city', yet by the time this building is available, you have Pioneers, or at least Colonists, who both are able to build courthouses in new city builds.

Ergo, this 'free ability' is superfluous in nature. Please to remove or amend to a better ability.

Upgrade cost of a Transport to a Fusion Transport is only 20:gold:, this is too low for a eternity speed game.

Please to amend to proper costing for upgrades. A Mobile Artillery => NLOS costs 1500:gold: proper costing.

Liberation of Cities. - When you liberate a city to a Vassal, or Rebels it creates 2 or 3 garrison troops. But when you liberate a city to a non vassal, if that city is in rebellion, it creates no garrison troops, and doesn't create them on the change of turn. If the city isn't in rebellion, it will create 2 garrison troops for the new owner.

Please to enable the creation of Garrison troops for liberated cities to non vassal AI's, if the city is in rebellion.

Power receiver - It doesn't list the power plant in the city.

Please to enable the replacement of the power plant in the city on list of buildings.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  7. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I'd rather take Courthouse off the list of free buildings at Pioneer level. It is not on the free list at Colonist level. Pioneer-founded cities start with all of Garrison, Granary, Forge, Market, Stable, Grocer, Doctor's Office, Bank, and Library, plus Port, Lighthouse and Fisherman's Hut if coastal.

I'll need a save game or a screenshot of the Power Receiver issue. It should replace any older power plant.

8. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

sorry I worded it wrong, it doesn't list the existing building as being replaced. But it actually does replace it.

i.e. You have a;
    coal plant, it will list; Hydro plant, oil plant, nuclear plant, solar plant
    Hydro plant, list is, Coal plant, oil plant, nuclear plant solar plant.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  9. sburger

sburger Chieftain

Hi,

Noticing an issue with the AI since updating to rev 1066. The AI doesn't seem to attack (even when on always war). I checked through all options to make sure something wasn't turned on that prevented that. I do like playing at a lower difficulty level (noble) but doubt that would prevent AI attacking. Anyone else noticing this? I never had this issue in previous revisions. Thanks for any help with this.

10. evmcmunn

evmcmunn Chieftain

about the crashing on giant...ya i tried several auto save reloads from multiple turns back and it got past the point of the crash but then crashed a few turns later...any other thoughts on something to try? harsh words at the program, saying a prayer at the buddhist temple in Timbuktu?

11. Kepling

Kepling Chieftain

The best thing I've found to avoid crashes is to use a smaller map size. I, too, tried to use the bigger map sizes when I first tried this mod, but it would always take forever taking turns and always eventually crashed in late game. Huge(128x80) is what I normally use, but I have been paying with Planet_Generator_0_68 so I can override the size to 140x88 which has worked well for me so far. Some quick math to illustrate how fast tiles add up when increasing size:

128*80=10240 - Huge
    140*88=12320
    152*96=14592
    160*100=16000 - Giant
    200*120=24000 - Gigantic

There are some game settings that can cause crashes too, the one that comes to mind for me is the unit-per-tile limit if you're using it. I've kept that set at 25 for a long time now without trouble.

12. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Unit per tile, if you keep experiencing a crash, change the UPT limit upwards.

If you like playing with a set limit, say 30 (me), change it to 50 or more for say 10-20 turns.

When you change it down, and existing stack of 50 is fine, but once you take units out, it won't let them back in.

That can be a cheat, but AI vary rarely will even reach the 30 tile limit.

13. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN 1066 - Nanite defuser and Tactical nukes.

It seems the Nanite defuser DOESN'T work on tactical nukes.

I built the World wonder in March 1992, and in July 1992, 3 or 4 Civs still have tactical nukes. The largest being Saladin, in photo, who has 10, mind you, its down from 58 (someone else had 58, Saladin had at least 15), but it should be ZERO!!!!
    Spoiler :

Tactical nukes.png

Nuclear weapons have been long banned from the game as well.
    Spoiler :
    Non proliferation treaty result.png

Spoiler :
    Saladin tactical  nukes.png

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  14. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

That needs a save game, preferably just before the Defuser is built.

Nanite Defuser is supposed to destroy any unit with a nuke range of greater than -1 or a unit AI of UNITAI_ICBM. The Tactical Nuke has a nuke range of 0, which means it can hit a single tile but nothing beyond that, and its only AI is UNITAI_ICBM, so it definitely should have been destroyed.

There may be a bigger bug at work, though. I did some testing on the Nuclear Protest event, and I found that it is supposed to also remove all nukes, but it only removed half of them when it went off. So the same underlying problem may be there.

15. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

I can't upload a saved game, as the zipped file is too big, 10.8 Meg v's the 10.2 limit.

Tactical nukes have a range of 4 (travel distance) others have unlimited (-1?)

On the Nuclear protest, I had that event fire, I didn't check the numbers after?? or the happy effect.

I think the Nanite defuser has destroyed ALL nukes, BARRING the tactical type. 4 Civs have access to them, (F5) the others have fired them all off.

16. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I set up a test game with one city and 10 copies of each nuclear weapon (Tactical Nuke, ICBM, Nuclear Missile, and Hydrogen Bomb) + 1 Peace Maker. When I either triggered the Nanite Defuser or the Nuclear Protest event, I still wound up with half the nukes surviving. So the problem has to be in how the units are counted. It's NOT limited to one particular unit type.

17. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN 1066 - Hammers over flow bug

I've just had this bug for the 3rd time now, playing my high to low game.

All 3 times, its occurred when I've been pillaging or have pillaged a city near by.

There is no consistency in its occurrence, Nor is it repeatable, if you follow the same actions.

But I have had it 3 times, and I've been pillaging, or have Pillaged a city that turn, nearby when it does happen.

Lastest one is Here
    Look for May 1994, end of post

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  18. ragnarakos

ragnarakos Chieftain

thx u :)

another thing: when and/or in which conditions the villages give you "settlers"?

19. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

It's mostly random, but I believe lower difficulties have a higher chance of doing so, and using a Scout increases that chance, as well.

20. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

The possible results from a goody hut are controlled by your difficulty level. Free Settlers only appear at Warlord or earlier. Scouts prevent you from getting a "bad" goody. This is actually defined: there is a separate Civ4GoodyInfo.xml file that defines whether or not a goody is bad. Within the choices allowed by the difficulty level, then it is random.