1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

Interesting, I think I got a Settler on Noble...But there's a chance it might've been Warlord, as I am playing with Flexible Difficulty.

2. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Impossible:

Spoiler :

<HandicapInfo>
    <Type>HANDICAP_NOBLE</Type>
    <Goodies>
    <GoodyType>GOODY_HIGH_GOLD</GoodyType>
    <GoodyType>GOODY_LOW_GOLD</GoodyType>
    <GoodyType>GOODY_MAP</GoodyType>
    <GoodyType>GOODY_MAP</GoodyType>
    <GoodyType>GOODY_WARRIOR</GoodyType>
    <GoodyType>GOODY_WARRIOR</GoodyType>
    <GoodyType>GOODY_SCOUT</GoodyType>
    <GoodyType>GOODY_EXPERIENCE</GoodyType>
    <GoodyType>GOODY_EXPERIENCE</GoodyType>
    <GoodyType>GOODY_HEALING</GoodyType>
    <GoodyType>GOODY_TECH</GoodyType>
    <GoodyType>GOODY_TECH</GoodyType>
    <GoodyType>GOODY_BARBARIANS_WEAK</GoodyType>
    <GoodyType>GOODY_BARBARIANS_WEAK</GoodyType>
    <GoodyType>GOODY_BARBARIANS_STRONG</GoodyType>
    </Goodies>

No Settlers on Noble.

3. Tolina

Yeah, I guess my difficulty fell down to Warlord. Wonder if there's a way to have Flexible Difficulty kind of excluded from this.

4. fdelbene

fdelbene CivFanatic

Hello, could you please help with this save? After the end of turn it gets stuck.
    I already come back a few turns and replayed it changing gameplay (this time I didn't declare war to England).
    I also tried to up the UPT limit from 15 to 100, as suggested in the FAQ, but to no avail.

I also have a couple of questions:
    • I got the Horse Whispering quest, but was not able to finish it as it seems that the Knight's Stable doesn't count toward it (it should as it replaces the plain Stable before the Renaissance Era);
    • I completed the world circumnavigation, but didn't get the corresponding event. Is it because I didn't yet discovered Navigation or built Magellan's Voyage?
    Thank you!

P.S. I'm playing on mod rev. 1066.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  5. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Replacement buildings counting for quests is bugged at the moment. 45* has to fix it because it requires DLL work. The Python code here is getBuildingClassCountWithUpgrades, so it seems that there is a system in place but something deep inside isn't working properly.

You did get the movement bonus. It's buried in the Event Log around AD 967. If you look at your Galleasses, they have 3 movement and the base is 2. There aren't any other sources of movement increases aside from Refrigeration; I removed most of them because they were making the base stats misleading. In original BTS, Refrigeration doesn't appear until the Modern Era, so most ships are available and the only possible movement bonus is the +1 from the circumnavigation. I went back to that so that if you look at a unit's stats on the build list or the Civilopedia, you will know that is the most likely result, unless you managed the circumnavigation, which only one player can get and is only once per game.

6. fdelbene

fdelbene CivFanatic

Thank you for the feedback, Vokarya.
    Can you help me also understand what is blocking the game?
    Maybe is something that I can fix with worldbuilder, I would like to continue the game!

7. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I tried your save. With a Ctrl-Shift-T recalulation, I was able to get past the current turn. Without a recalc, the game hangs. Unfortunately, using the recalc feature also costs you some money; I think commerce from buildings is not being properly recalculated. That's not something I can fix.

I attached my save from the start of the next turn. Can you see how that works for you?

Attached Files:

8. fdelbene

fdelbene CivFanatic

With the recalc I was able to proceed, thank you!

9. fdelbene

fdelbene CivFanatic

Unfortunately a few turns later the problem reappears (this time a recalc doesn't help, instead upping the UPT resolves the issue but it seems that I have to leave the upper UPT otherwise it gets stuck again and again after every few turns).

It's not the first time I have this kind of problems. Practically all the versions of this mod I played present this type of problems when you advance enough.
    In my experience, this kind of long term instability of the game is the most important thing to fix. I understand it could be quite difficult, and I don't want to sound ungrateful for the hard work done: imo this is the definitive mod for civ4!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  10. taizu

taizu Chieftain

I'm having a problem with the Full of Resources map script. Whenever I chose it as the map type for a game, the program immediately crashes. Is this a known problem?

11. Tolina

Yes, the Full of Resources mapscript is unusable. I thought it was removed in recent revisions.

12. Pomphis

Pomphis Warlord

1) I have conquered a celtic city and can (by now: could) build Gallic Swordsmen. So far so good. I also built the Dun, but neither archery nor melee units built in this city get the Guerilla I promotion ?

2) I am in my second game, about turn 1,500. I have a watchtower and a spy in every city and more spies on strategic locations. But I have yet to catch a single foreign spy or get a report about enemy espionage activities. In vanilla and other mods the AI pretty much always uses spies, sometimes successfully and sometimes not. Is there a problem with the AI using espionage ?

13. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

1) Are you sure you haven't built High Walls? That replaces the Dun and than ooops for the promotion.

14. Pomphis

Pomphis Warlord

Oops. Yes, that was it.

15. Meop79

Meop79 Chieftain

So, udp_proc.exe was flagged as a trojan and deleted....

What gives?

Trojan.Gen.8!cloud

16. fdelbene

fdelbene CivFanatic

A few observations from my play:
    • The AI seems incapable to use Great Generals: I have never seen them on the battlefield attached to a unit or transformed in Great Commanders. Usually I find them just sitting unused in a city.
    • I often use Great People to build their special building. I found that after awhile these buildings vanish. Is it something related to changing era?
    • If you are at peace with a Civ A and you both are at war with Civ B, inside the territory of Civ A the Civ B can bombard you, but you cannot.

17. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Great Generals - Only rebels seem able to attach them to a unit, though it doens't allway's happen either. I've seen both examples.

A Great general is attached to a unit, A Great general is just left alone, ON ITS OWN.

Great people buildings -The only ones I can think of are;
    1) Academy, which will expire with a tech
    2) Military academy, which doesn't expire
    3) Great Engineer can build a wonder, but they expire with a tech?
    4) If you talking about corporations/guilds. They can be removed by a competitor, or by removing access to the required resources, stops them working.

Peace deal - depends if you have open borders with them, and if Military is enabled transition.

18. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I've run a test game on this map: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/earth-360x180-gigantic-map.25168/
    Autoplay, and of course the map isn't complete with all resources. But it didn't crash until the end. So size should not be a problem if other issues are solved.

19. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

True, AI doesn't know how to use GG; they would be fun to use in multiplayer, but unfortunately there are issues there too.
    Are you talking about some specific building? Please let me know.
    Just to make sure: do you have open borders with civ A? Are you trying to bombard a tile where Civ B units are mixed with Civ A units (or any other nation's units which you are not at war with)?

20. fdelbene

fdelbene CivFanatic

About buildings, I'm talking especially about Military Academy that it is one of the special building I create often. It happened to me a few times that I was pretty sure to have built it and then don't find it anymore in the city screen (after some hundreds turns). I will try to retain a full set of saves in my next playtrough to confirm this.

Yes, I have open borders with Civ A. No, there isn't any other foreign units.
    See attached save: I'm in Mali's territory thanks to Open Borders agreement, we both fight against Ethiopia but I cannot archer bombard nor range bombard Ethiopians units inside Mali's territory (but I gain opportunity fire), while Ethiopians can bombard my units.
    I can bombard Ethiopians units if they are inside their territory, even if I'm in Mali's territory.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017