1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

On the city screen, you need to look at the Special tab instead of the Buildings tab to find Military Academy. All buildings that cannot be built through hammers (<iCost> -1, including Shrines, Scotland Yard, Military Academy, and Menagerie) show up there. -1-cost buildings that are also Wonders (Shrines, Academy) also show up on the Wonders tab, but the Buildings tab specifically excludes any building with a -1 cost.

2. fdelbene

fdelbene CivFanatic

Yes Vokarya, I knew the different tabs and I knew that the Military Academy fall under Special. Thanks anyway for the tip! ;)

3. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

OK then. Academy is supposed to obsolete the same way it does in BTS, at Computers tech. But the other Great Person buildings are not supposed to disappear.

You don't happen to have before-and-after saves by any chance?

One thing I would really recommend to anyone is to set autosave to every other turn and keep at least 20 autosaves. That way if something goes wrong you have a wide array of saves to hunt through and see if you can pinpoint where the problem is.

4. fdelbene

fdelbene CivFanatic

I have autosaves, but not so far in the past...

5. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Mmm, maybe that's something that's not been considered in the code. It's hard for me to look into the code now as I'm away from my modding pc, but I'll see if I can use an old laptop to resume modding in the next days.

6. solstan

solstan Chieftain

HI to all
    I have a problem. I changed pc, and installed windows 10. The New Dawn launcher is updated to the latest version (Launcher 1.23, mod 1066). The game works normally, but when I try to load from a game in progress, a save file gives me the following error: "Memory allocation failure - exiting program: Reason: bad allocation", and I close the game. If I open it again and try to load something, it gives me the same error. However, if you use the "Repair installation - Clean cache" option from the Rise launcher, then it will work again. But if I then try again, always inside a game, to load something from the same mistake.

Has this already happened to anyone? And linked to the fact that I have windows 10, before I used a pc with windows 8 and I never had problems.

7. valeriosavio

valeriosavio Chieftain

Hey everyone!

Been playing lately since few months haven't played the game, and something strange (maybe only to me) is happening to every match: my opponents do not grow big armies like they used to do!
    I'm playing monarch difficulty and conquest as a way to win the game!

Thanks in advance!

8. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Depending on how long you haven't played, months ago we scaled up units costs. So AI is building smaller armies but also fewer units are needed to capture/defend a city. That should be true for both humans and AI.

9. valeriosavio

valeriosavio Chieftain

Thanks for your answer

yes that was few months actually... I see my opponents having no more than 4/5 units per city!
    I've tried to raise the difficulty of the game to emperor... but still not that hard to beat those enemies in battle with a larger army like I have!

10. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

@Vokarya
    My custom world map (modified rhyes world with big europa) stopped working after installing your latest revision 1067:shifty: I believe its somehow related to new 50% fixed sliders and result is that my cities wont produce any science now. City screen shows that 50% commerce but science out put is zero (or actually 1/turn). Other visible problem is civic advisor, last three rule civic wont show at all because of too small box.

Do you have any idea what might cause this problem..? In normal custom game all seems working just fine, also maps which come with game seem to work.

11. fdelbene

fdelbene CivFanatic

Hi, a few questions:
    1. How do you load helicopters on carriers?
    2. Why you cannot upgrade a terrain improvement to a new version, with workers (i.e. upgrade shaft mine -> modern mine)? If you change to another (i.e windmill) you can build the improved version, but not directly.
    3. What do you need to do to trigger Apostolic Palace elections? I never see them.

12. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Too long I don't play so I'm not sure and I can't check, but:
    1. You should be able to load them in port at least, if there are free slots (not those used by fighters)
    2. IIRC it's a bug I need to fix
    3. At least 3 players with the AP Religion in their cities and someone must build AP.

13. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Can you post a save please? I can take a look.

If you can't see rule icons, then one of your files isn't updated properly. v1066 had an increase to the panel height so that you could see all the icons in a category. I think a screenshot would help here.

14. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

The "Load" mission should work -- I just tried it -- whether the helicopter and carrier are in a city or on a Coast square. Most Helicopters cannot enter Ocean. You cannot just move the helicopters over the carrier.

That is a bug, and it's out of my programming range. It's probably related to the same issue that prevents Pastures from being built over Farms because they both upgrade to Dome Farm.

Has anyone actually built the Apostolic Palace in your game? It does require at least 3 teams, but they don't necessarily have to have the AP religion. You only get to vote if you have the AP religion somewhere in your civilization. None of the voting mechanics have changed from BTS.

15. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

Did some testing and removing CIV4CommerceInfo in gameinfos fix research. Something in that file and new 50% limit in early eras corrupts my scenario/map. Can i remove that file without problems or is there something else what i should remove?

Dont think i miss any files because i can see all new icons in custom game, this problem only with my world map. Strange.. same with research and 50% limit, all works just fine with custom game. Heres screenshot of civic icons under my world map, last three wont fit in box. What possible connection map file can have to civic screen?:confused:

Edit: added also screenshot under custom game, all icons showing there

Attached Files:

16. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I don't know about the map file. That's why I would like to see that map file for myself.

Deleting Civ4CommerceInfo causes the vanilla version of that file to be loaded, reverting the sliders' behavior back to BTS rules. So if you delete that file, the tax/science sliders will be unlocked from the beginning of the game, the science slider will begin at 100%, and the espionage slider will be unlocked as soon as you meet another civ.

Is No Revolutions turned on in your custom map? I was able to reproduce what you are showing in the first screen shot by turning on No Revolutions. Without Revolutions, there isn't enough game text in any of the civics to make the panel tall enough for the list of rule civics to be shown on the panel next to it. With Revolutions on, then the panel is tall enough. I will have to look into this more.

17. fdelbene

fdelbene CivFanatic

I'm not able to do that. See attached savegame.

I don't know. I never saw an Apostolic Palace election in AND2. Maybe some of my options interfere with it: for example, in the attached save I have the leading religion, diffused to at least other three civs, but I never got the option to build the Apostolic Palace and no one called an election.

About this I noticed that you can bombard using air units, but not with naval or land ones.

Another problem: You get a diplomatic penalty for "declaring war" when someone attacks an ally of yours, triggering a defensive pact. I don't think this is correct, in reality it's the initial attacker that started the conflict.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  18. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

don't know about the map file. That's why I would like to see that map file for myself.

Deleting Civ4CommerceInfo causes the vanilla version of that file to be loaded, reverting the sliders' behavior back to BTS rules. So if you delete that file, the tax/science sliders will be unlocked from the beginning of the game, the science slider will begin at 100%, and the espionage slider will be unlocked as soon as you meet another civ.

Is No Revolutions turned on in your custom map? I was able to reproduce what you are showing in the first screen shot by turning on No Revolutions. Without Revolutions, there isn't enough game text in any of the civics to make the panel tall enough for the list of rule civics to be shown on the panel next to it. With Revolutions on, then the panel is tall enough. I will have to look into this more.[/QUOTE]

yes, no revolutions is on. Glad that you solved that:goodjob:

I did more testing and it looks like map file is not the problem. I tried with my scenario map and theres some extra units on map right on beginning of game. After deleting all extra units reserch started to work properly so problem is related to those.

19. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Helicopters not loading, might be related to Gunships and dropships NOT being helicopters, and won't load. They will load onto a transport, but not a carrier, even with the allocated spaces.

Carriers will load bombers, you have to allocate cargo spaces with promotions, up to 3, I've been able to load up to 3 Orbital bombers, 8 Orbital fighters, but no dropships/gunships.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  20. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

This is nuclear carrier xml

<SpecialCargo>SPECIALUNIT_FIGHTER,SPECIALUNIT_HELICOPTER</SpecialCargo>
    <iSpecialCargoSpace>6,2</iSpecialCargoSpace>
    <DomainCargo>DOMAIN_AIR</DomainCargo>
    <iCargo>8</iCargo>
    <iTotalCargo>8</iTotalCargo>

It means that you can load 6 fighters and 2 units which use tag specialunit_helicopter OR 8 what ever units which are DOMAIN_AIR. I believe this is mistake and it should be only 6 fighters and 2 helicopters? Then xml should be

<SpecialCargo>SPECIALUNIT_FIGHTER,SPECIALUNIT_HELICOPTER</SpecialCargo>
    <iSpecialCargoSpace>6,2</iSpecialCargoSpace>
    <DomainCargo>DOMAIN_AIR</DomainCargo>
    <iCargo>0</iCargo>
    <iTotalCargo>8</iTotalCargo>

Theres same mistake in some other units with two cargo categories also..