1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Colonization perhaps?

2. Hussarknight

Hussarknight Warlord

no, i weren't

3. buck beach

buck beach Prince

No dont pay it. The others I play are K-mod and Realism Invictus and infrequently C2C.

4. sirvijon

sirvijon Chieftain

hi guys.

I have two issues:

1) there was new update for AND2 launcher module. Download started and went trough. Installer dissipated. I tried to launch it again but it says now: Seems that something went wrong with previous update. Check files again. And then i'm on infinite loop :D. So i cannot rollback. Do i need to install all again??

2) in game itself i have been experiencing new "feature" automatic Science/tax/culture allocation. Game just adjusts these values time to time. Mostly it does that it makes science to 0% and 20% culture. Dunno why?

Thanks

5. I Farm Nukes

I Farm Nukes Chieftain

I am also having this problem and installing fresh doesn't help

6. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Downloading the full installer from Rev 1082 should solve the failed update problem.

7. sqwishy

sqwishy Chieftain

I ran into the issue described and and this was super helpful, thanks.

Edit: Also, is there a good way to debug issues where the game freezes after ending your turn?

Edit 2: How do we raze cities now?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  8. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

1. Not really. Sometimes recalculating (Ctrl-Shift-T) works.

2. Pillage the city while it's still in revolt. Each pillage lowers the population by 1 and has a chance to extend the revolt duration. Pillaging a size-1 city razes it. Once the city comes out of revolt, you can't raze it any more. I don't know if there a solution to the size-0 issue. It was supposed to have been fixed a couple years ago.

9. black213

black213 Emperor

Haven't played this mod in quite a while and felt like giving it a bash recently! Encountered a CTD, playing latest rev1082, using two modules: more leaderheads for vanilla civs & alternate leaderhead graphics (both megapack version 3.1). Pressing next turn, or on the turn after that, should cause a CTD.
    Attached .rar file includes minidump, all logs, and save.

Attached Files:

10. sqwishy

sqwishy Chieftain

I pillaged it at one pop so I guess it was supposed to be razed? I read what you said somewhere else in this thread and wasn't entirely sure if I was misunderstanding and doing something wrong but I guess it was just acting up. Pillaging cities has worked for me in the past so I don't know what happened here.

Recalculating seems to help, things appear to be less crashy, thanks!

11. Me_Myself

Me_Myself Chieftain

Didn't play the game for some years, wanted to play it again. Excited about some changes that happened to RoM AND.
    Getting GFX error while launching the game, error happens at "Init engi..." stage of the launch.
    Attaching screenshot of it.

Some details:
    got steam CIV4 BoS, original_realise_unsupported version in BETA tab in game properties on steam
    the folder with game is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword
    the mod version is 1082, there is also a weird thing that launcher doesn't show any changelog
    tried to launch the mod from and2_checker and from the BoS game mod selection, getting same error
    tried to launch the mod from and2_checker from multiple folders:
    C:\Users\А д м и н\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\MODS\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn
    tried both install from main page mod and torquiouse version

Attached Files:

12. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

GFC Error results from when the theme file isn't able to find the resource folder that the theme file is pointing to. Your mod folder should be in the same place as any other mod folder you have. Have you tried launching any other mods from within BTS?

We do have a thread about GFC Errors: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/gfc-error-failed-to-initalize-primary-control-theme.509184/

The other thing that you might try -- but this is highly speculative on my part -- is going into Assets\Modules and open MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml. Under Interface, change <bLoad>1</bLoad> to <bLoad>0</bLoad> and see what happens when you start the mod.

Me_Myself likes this.
  13. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

If you have a size-0 city, post the save game. That way someone else can look at it.

14. Me_Myself

Me_Myself Chieftain

Thanks a lot! Will try and post results.

15. Me_Myself

Me_Myself Chieftain

Tried the thing you reccomended with changing 1 value to 0
    The game launches with vanilla BTS screen, I start custom game and there is no interface in the game, no buttons, also there is some text about "failure parsin", it looks like this in the screenshot attached.

But... since all other mods start fine, I also tried to do what you said while moving ROM AND folder into BTS steam folder so it stays together with other mods... and after doing what you suggested with value 1 to value 0 it now works fine!
    Thanks a lot!

Btw looked into same file, now it says there is value 1 again as it was... but before it wasn't loading like that. Looks like a tech mystery (or I'm a fool there). But the AND starting screen is still vanilla BTS one. Maybe the AND starting screen with that huge red Sun was what caused problems (when combined with something else specific to my computer).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  16. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I read somewhere that the mod has problems whenever a file path has non-English characters in it. From what you posted, that might have been one of the causes of your problem.

Setting the 1 to 0 disables that special interface module. I think it's necessary for our extended language support that regular BTS does not have. If it's not loaded, the mod defaults to the basic game files.

Me_Myself likes this.
  17. xtended2l

xtended2l Chieftain

Just a calculation bug here:
    Weaver gives you +5 trade points with acces to all required resources. Tailor replaces Weaver and gives +6 trade. It really works but the tooltip shows that you would lose trade if you built one:

18. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

Feature ot bug? Razing city on river shore leaves ruins and flood plains.
    I still get random MAFs, havent seen those many years until few revision ago they came back.

19. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

any news on the updater problem?

20. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

What kind of tile are you seeing with flood plains? I think all plains and desert tiles adjacent to rivers are automatically supposed to be flood plains, and that doesn't go away when you settle a city there.