AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

I have run some stress test in the last days and I only got a hang (not a CTD) with a gigantic map. No problems at all playing with huge or giant maps until the very last turn, both wihh and without revolutions and barbarian civs. So really no idea what's happening. Just to make sure: do you get a CTD and a MAF error message? Or are you simply assuming it's a MAF? Thanks.

Yes I get MAF error message.

And for the record, I dont play with revolutions and I get MAFs sometimes even opening WB..
All this start to happen after rev 1065 or something, before that never MAFs since graphic paging came in.

Yes I get MAF error message.

And for the record, I dont play with revolutions and I get MAFs sometimes even opening WB..
All this start to happen after rev 1065 or something, before that never MAFs since graphic paging came in.
I believe we have to differ between your MAF problem and that one I comlained

If there is a MAF error message, it is defiitely not Vram, but Ram, you touched the 3GB limit. Windows generates not an error message if that is a Vram issue. It generates these message for Ram usage issues only.
The CTDs w/o MAF error messages, according with the Vram usage when a revolution thing happenes, are total different reason.

Last edited:
Another issue: Calculation / Selection for Commerce, Production, Research in City Screens not working correctly.
See screenshots of example city.
1) City has no production running, if no selection made all is priest, total income net = 5325
Research 147,20, Gold 173,37
2) City has no production running, if selection is Commerce, 3 dealer + 4 scientists, no priest, total income = 5316 Research 173,60, Gold 164,50 (less gold than no selection, and less than 3 dealer + 4 priest)
3) City has no production running, if selection is Research, 3 priest, 4 scientists, total income 5309, Research 171,20, Gold 167,07
(this is less research than commerce)
Problem is with all cities, but different in detail.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot-1.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot-1.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 284
  • Civ4ScreenShot-2.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot-2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 283
  • Civ4ScreenShot-3.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot-3.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 284
also, there is an other thing wirh Revolution: In between I have all what is reducing rebelliousness (technocracy, federalism, free market, free religion etc. but nevertheless all overseas settlement (having all building related) get revolutions nearby any year. It makes it impossible to settle/explore something overseas.This had not been when I played it past year. What ever you changed with revolutions, it makes it unreal to continue a game with revolution = on. makes no fun such extreme.

No more CTDs and Grapihcs Paging now OK ?
confusing

since I have finished research of military affairs and The Great War, it looks like the CTD problem related VRam usage is gone. Had Vram up to 691 and then it lowers to 280 automatically, as it should do. No CTD as before. Befrore I finished these research, I never had more than 640MB Vram usage w/o CTD after.
Will watch it further. But what is running before these research is finished causing these problems?

Revolution is working correctly. It's meant to be near impossible to hold another continent for long. Let me know if you notice anything else about Vram. In the meantime I have tested a new dll which should solve at least one infinite loop and I have recompiled it starting from revision 1064 and adding the code bit by bit. The only thing that I can think of that might have caused problems after Rev 1065, improbable as it might be, is something having been compiled by mistake into the dll by me or horseshoehermit in the last 20 revisions. Anyway with my current dll, which will soon be revision 1083, I have tested for several hours without CTD or hangs or MAF. Tested on a Gigantic map, 2400 turns (no revolutions, yes barbarian civs and up to 50 civs in game at the same time). Turn 2200 right now and counting: zero crash problems.

Revolution is working correctly. It's meant to be near impossible to hold another continent for long. .
This is willed? For me it looks too extreme, It makes it worthless to do any on America or Australia if start in Europe. except delete all cities.
There should be an option to choose how extreme revolution works. As it is currently it makes (for me) no fun, althought I did like revolutions in history.

Let me know if you notice anything else about Vram. In the meantime I have tested a new dll which should solve at least one infinite loop and I have recompiled it starting from revision 1064 and adding the code bit by bit. The only thing that I can think of that might have caused problems after Rev 1065, improbable as it might be, is something having been compiled by mistake into the dll by me or horseshoehermit in the last 20 revisions. Anyway with my current dll, which will soon be revision 1083, I have tested for several hours without CTD or hangs or MAF. Tested on a Gigantic map, 2400 turns (no revolutions, yes barbarian civs and up to 50 civs in game at the same time). Turn 2200 right now and counting: zero crash problems..
I habe lot of old saves, so I'll test it with these old sav if/when I get your update (how I can get it?).
Currently it is in fact so, that I have no more Vram problems since I finished "military affairs" and "The Great War" research. Maybe this is an additional information for you, where to investigate.

There should be an option to choose how extreme revolution works.

There is one under BUG Options.

I habe lot of old saves, so I'll test it with these old sav if/when I get your update (how I can get it?).

I'll post a message when the game is updated and you'll see the update button in the launcher.

This is willed? For me it looks too extreme, It makes it worthless to do any on America or Australia if start in Europe. except delete all cities.
I don't think it's impossible, just veeeeery hard. You have to focus on improving your distant cities: lot of culture and happiness; civics thar lower rebeliousnes; lot of gold to bribe constantly and garison units to brake down the unwilling.

Ther's one more thing you may want to try next time: Start on lower difficulty and let it slowly climb up with Increasing Dif. and/or Dynamic Dif. options.

I don't think it's impossible, just veeeeery hard. You have to focus on improving your distant cities: lot of culture and happiness; civics thar lower rebeliousnes; lot of gold to bribe constantly and garison units to brake down the unwilling.

Ther's one more thing you may want to try next time: Start on lower difficulty and let it slowly climb up with Increasing Dif. and/or Dynamic Dif. options.
they have all culture, religion and happyness related buldings, and strong military. It is so crazy that they have President Day this turn and 2 turns later revolution, while it always goes so: fist 8-12 turns, then 2 turns pause, then 2 turns rev, then again 19-27 turns rev, and so on. All buildings I need to buy/hurry. A 12 size city has 24 militaty units. (Difficulty is Prince)
I'm now going and test different settings in BUG, but not yet found what whill lower these. In between I'm in year 1920 and not yet settled in far Asia, America, Australia. (Never had such extreme in earlier AND2, C2C, BASE)
(BTW: I miss PlatyBuilder, where I can investigate all details of settings, but don't know any way to use it in AND2)

For those of you using the launcher: were you able to update to rev1083? Can you see the changelog and the update button in the launcher? For some reason, it looks like I can't see the changelog and the update available from the launcher. Is it just me or is it happening to everybody? Thanks.

For those of you using the launcher: were you able to update to rev1083? Can you see the changelog and the update button in the launcher? For some reason, it looks like I can't see the changelog and the update available from the launcher. Is it just me or is it happening to everybody? Thanks.
my checker still is 1082 and gets no distant access, no noification for 1083 available. Chanhelog is empty
For me it looks like the internet access of the checker not working, either it's the checker or the server

same here.... no notification and no change.

(update) now the launcher says rev.1083 but i havent played yet to confirm any changes.

(update) now the launcher says rev.1083 but i havent played yet to confirm any changes.

Current revision should be 1084. Can you see the remote revision on the server and the changelog?

its working fine so far...just one thing,my latest save was with the megapack addon,and it has some conflicts with it apperantly...but when i disable it,everything worked ok.

Top Bottom