AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Hey, long time no post. Still playing, haha!

Anyway, here is a save: revision 1085. No added modifications. It consistently CTD or MAF. Please check.

Attachments

• OChacon.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 263
Hey, long time no post. Still playing, haha!

Anyway, here is a save: revision 1085. No added modifications. It consistently CTD or MAF. Please check.

It's something with the Celts. If I remove all of them in WB, the game ticks over to the next turn without a problem. I can try pinning it down to something specific.

I also found the game would go to the next turn if I recalc with Ctrl-Shift-T, but it also has really bad effects on economy because I think all commerce from buildings gets wiped out and isn't restored.

It's something with the Celts. If I remove all of them in WB, the game ticks over to the next turn without a problem. I can try pinning it down to something specific.

I also found the game would go to the next turn if I recalc with Ctrl-Shift-T, but it also has really bad effects on economy because I think all commerce from buildings gets wiped out and isn't restored.

I have same experience as Vokarya, recalc mess up commerce badly. Its pitty because recalc use to solve many liitle bugs.
I wish someone can fix recalc eventually.

Thank you Vokarya. So until this is resolved, no Celts.

I love how you smooth and stretch the game smoothly over the years. Plus, automations and ability to customize the interface to make it easier to play is what is keeping me playing this great mod.

Thank you Vokarya. So until this is resolved, no Celts.

It's just something with Bagacum. I can remove that city in WB and the game will move over to the next turn without a problem. The problem is probably a unit in the city. I don't quite know how to use WorldBuilder to remove a single unit in a city. Bagacum is nowhere near finishing a build and removing the current build (by deleting the required tech in WB) doesn't stop the CTD.

It's just something with Bagacum. I can remove that city in WB and the game will move over to the next turn without a problem. The problem is probably a unit in the city. I don't quite know how to use WorldBuilder to remove a single unit in a city. Bagacum is nowhere near finishing a build and removing the current build (by deleting the required tech in WB) doesn't stop the CTD.

Long time since I had modded seriously, so I'm tentatively suggesting using WinMerge to compare Celt unitinfos and find wherever it doesn't fit? Celts are already BtS civ, so might had forgotten something in there while modding Celts for RoM or RAND?

Long time since I had modded seriously, so I'm tentatively suggesting using WinMerge to compare Celt unitinfos and find wherever it doesn't fit? Celts are already BtS civ, so might had forgotten something in there while modding Celts for RoM or RAND?

I tried a little more and it's not the units. I discovered in WB that if you select the Player mode and double-right-click on a tile, it will remove the first unit in the stack. I removed all the units in that city and the game still crashes. I think it must be a calculation the city is doing that causes the crash. The crash also still happens if I remove all the buildings in the city with WB.

I tried a little more and it's not the units. I discovered in WB that if you select the Player mode and double-right-click on a tile, it will remove the first unit in the stack. I removed all the units in that city and the game still crashes. I think it must be a calculation the city is doing that causes the crash. The crash also still happens if I remove all the buildings in the city with WB.

Can you check what city is doing? I ask because I have seen couple times weird bug where city has very small production, warrior takes something like 100000 turns..
I noticed this via WB where it shows that city wont build anything and then I used change player and checked in city screen what is going on. I have seen this happening atleast two times and it caused crash, though both times bug ooccured beginning of game. It was something what happened when first cities was build on turn one.

Can you check what city is doing? I ask because I have seen couple times weird bug where city has very small production, warrior takes something like 100000 turns..
I noticed this via WB where it shows that city wont build anything and then I used change player and checked in city screen what is going on. I have seen this happening atleast two times and it caused crash, though both times bug ooccured beginning of game. It was something what happened when first cities was build on turn one.

I don't havr much time to try it now, but you can add a great spy via worldbuilder and look inside the city. Maybe you can get some info. Or you can try removing the buildings in the city one by one via wb and pinpoint what's causing the problem.

I have same experience as Vokarya, recalc mess up commerce badly. Its pitty because recalc use to solve many liitle bugs.
I wish someone can fix recalc eventually.

Usually if recalc gives you very different values in gold and commerce compared to what you have before recalc, it's because there's already something wrong before recalc. For some reason that I'm still investigating and possibly connectred to some civic change, sometimes resources start multiplying, hence giving you a huge amount of gold because of this miscalculation. Check some older save before recalc and verify if you have the correct number of resources in your cities compared to the ones you have in your territory or acquire via trade. Chances are you'll see that you're earning more gold because you have more resources than you're supposed to have.

Usually if recalc gives you very different values in gold and commerce compared to what you have before recalc, it's because there's already something wrong before recalc. For some reason that I'm still investigating and possibly connectred to some civic change, sometimes resources start multiplying, hence giving you a huge amount of gold because of this miscalculation. Check some older save before recalc and verify if you have the correct number of resources in your cities compared to the ones you have in your territory or acquire via trade. Chances are you'll see that you're earning more gold because you have more resources than you're supposed to have.

I meant same thing what vokarya mentioned, "I also found the game would go to the next turn if I recalc with Ctrl-Shift-T, but it also has really bad effects on economy because I think all commerce from buildings gets wiped out and isn't restored."

And yes have seen also weird things happening with resources. Have seen also problem where resource is still showing on city screen after I lost it in war. Improvement and road was pillaged but I still kept the resource.

edit: recalc fixed resource bug but it also wiped out all commerce from buildings..

I meant same thing what vokarya mentioned, "I also found the game would go to the next turn if I recalc with Ctrl-Shift-T, but it also has really bad effects on economy because I think all commerce from buildings gets wiped out and isn't restored."

And yes have seen also weird things happening with resources. Have seen also problem where resource is still showing on city screen after I lost it in war. Improvement and road was pillaged but I still kept the resource.

edit: recalc fixed resource bug but it also wiped out all commerce from buildings..
How about a second recalc?

Hey
I have been playing this mod for a long time and enjoyed it a lot.
Recently I came across a bug that I have tried searching for without finding a solution. It would appear that once clicking next turn the AI does all its stuff with trying to talk to other AI for war allies and such, but it gets stuck trying to talk to AI that is already dead. I have tried to resurrect the AI by placing new units with the world builder, and it might have worked partially, I have also noticed that of course it continues to the next AI trying to contact the dead AI if I remove the first from the game by deleting all cities and units of that first AI.
I have also gone to previous save and tried to do things slightly differently, without much success, by declaring war on the AI trying to contact the dead AI I believe I was once able to postpone the bug, so to speak.

The save attached is on the turn where it is just about to happen once pressing next turn (if you load the save, yes I like cheating, don't judge me). And I have changed the file extension of the log file as the forum did not seem to allow .log.

I hope I have got enough info here to have a look at the bug, if not then I will try to provide more.

Attachments

• gb222.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.1 MB · Views: 186
  • ANewDawn.txt
    965.8 KB · Views: 59
Hey
I have been playing this mod for a long time and enjoyed it a lot.
Recently I came across a bug that I have tried searching for without finding a solution. It would appear that once clicking next turn the AI does all its stuff with trying to talk to other AI for war allies and such, but it gets stuck trying to talk to AI that is already dead. I have tried to resurrect the AI by placing new units with the world builder, and it might have worked partially, I have also noticed that of course it continues to the next AI trying to contact the dead AI if I remove the first from the game by deleting all cities and units of that first AI.
I have also gone to previous save and tried to do things slightly differently, without much success, by declaring war on the AI trying to contact the dead AI I believe I was once able to postpone the bug, so to speak.

The save attached is on the turn where it is just about to happen once pressing next turn (if you load the save, yes I like cheating, don't judge me). And I have changed the file extension of the log file as the forum did not seem to allow .log.

I hope I have got enough info here to have a look at the bug, if not then I will try to provide more.

I was able to have the game tick over to the next turn. I attached the save. I was able to go another turn without any problems. I didn't go any further.

Attachments

• Catherine AD-0282.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.1 MB · Views: 191
I was able to have the game tick over to the next turn. I attached the save. I was able to go another turn without any problems. I didn't go any further.

Thanks a bunch, I am not sure if it was something with my install then. I had actually done a fresh install just a few days ago since I have had update issues. When I was fiddling around in the world editor I also noticed that it was only in the diplomacy where you set as vassals that the game saw the AI as an empty entry, the same way it appeared in the logs. While in the other menus the names of the leaders did appear.

I'll play a bit and see how it goes. When I loaded it up it did give me a prompt asking if modifiers should be recalculated, since assets or DLLs have changed.

EDIT: It would appear that once I got to 302 AD it happened again:

Code:
[435241.844] Leonidas I considering contacting Hatshepsut to buy a war ally, iMinAtWarCounter: 2147483647, adjusted iDeclareWarTradeRand: 40
[435241.875] Leonidas I considering contacting  to buy a war ally, iMinAtWarCounter: 2147483647, iDeclareWarTradeRand: 40
[435241.875] Leonidas I considering contacting  to buy a war ally, iMinAtWarCounter: 2147483647, adjusted iDeclareWarTradeRand: 40

Last edited:
I think I have discovered the source of a long time bug: sometimes most of your cities show their resources doubled or tripled. The problem can easily get fixed with a recalc but that's just a workaround. It looks like the resources are being doubled when you discover Ship Building, and I suppose it happens the same with Navigation. This is probably due the fact that those techs enable trading over sea/ocean, probably doubling trade routes that have already been established. Anyone can confirm this? I'll see if I can fix this.

Hi,

The espionage weights in my games sometimes change seemingly randomly (see attached file). This is quite annoying as it makes using espionage useless as I can't spy on the civs I want. A couple of years ago I reported the same bug. Have you guys been able to find a fix to this issue? I'm playing on revision 1083.

Note: The same thing happens to my research and espionage rates, they will also sometimes just randomly change values.

Hello, I'm on version 1049 of this mod. The game sometimes automatically changes the weights of the espionage spent per civilization. It changes it to something silly like in the attached screenshot.

Is this a bug or something?

Attachments

• esp.png
    esp.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 206
Top Bottom