AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Hi, thanks so much for trying to expand my favorite game significantly. I do have a few important comments though:
I have played about 450 rounds, I am willing to participate in debugging or balancing it.
- advanced paths do not give a production bonus at the quarry
- marble was accidentally discovered in the mine, although it is not mined in the mine but in the quarry
- I can build farms/mines in forests and jungles, even though I don't have the technology to remove jungles
- from the beginning all my cities except the main one are revolting, no matter the population, army size, government, or length of play, I still have a rebel army around destroying everything
- walls are meaningless, they have 0% effectiveness in a rebellion anyway
- stability keeps telling me I have a money problem, no matter how much I have
- Stability is a huge problem that makes it absolutely impossible to play the game
- the game balance can be adjusted by each player in the CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml file, but I would appreciate an explanation of what each item means

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Some of these things I can answer.

Yes, marble can be discovered in a mine and then you have to rebuild a Quarry over it.

In AND, you have the ability to burn forest or jungle from the beginning. This removes the feature but you get no hammers from it. Only when you have Bronze Working/Iron Working do you get the hammers. In regular BTS, jungles were generally bad and I think that is why you had to wait until Iron Working to remove them. In AND, jungle is more of a neutral feature. Swamp is the bad feature and you need to wait until you have the right tech to remove them.

I would need to see a saved game for your stability issues. I have some issues with this myself but that's a very broad question. Walls do help in that they increase the effectiveness of city garrisons at reducing the total accumulated RevIndex.

Thanks so much for the replies, it explains a lot. I have stability problems every time, right from the start of the game, at the same time the best units are storming, so it pays to have only archers, which is a shame. Some governments (castes) are useless because they make stability even worse.
If I have safe stability in some cities and only some have problems, all but the capital will automatically rebel.
I'm sending two saved positions:
One: The situation in the cities is improving rapidly (Hat Yai)
Second: After a few rounds they start to rebel and I don't know what to do about it.

I read somewhere that the parameters that affect stability are shown under the F2 key instead of the financial advisor, but I have the financial advisor there.
I have financial problems, even though I have a lot of money...

Since the beginning, my whole gland has been crashing every 10 - 30 laps. It's very frustrating and spoils the game. Maybe deactivate this feature until it is debugged, or allow the game settings to select a positive stability level? Some players may be discouraged...

Thanks.

Attachments

• Game 01.CivBeyondSwordSave
    532.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Game 02.CivBeyondSwordSave
    539 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Were you ever able to update? I don't know anything about the launchers or updaters. Anything I do just goes through the SVN.

You can manually download the FPK file from https://svn.code.sf.net/p/anewdawn/code/Trunk/Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn/Assets/.
I wasn't able to update, so the link that you sent me was very useful. Thank you so much!

Also, is the MegaCiv Pack still being updated? I have had some problems with the game crashing whenever I try to enter the WorldBuilder or try to move to the next turn following turn 1 when using one of the civs from this pack. I am not sure if you are able to answer this question; if not, would you know where I can go for assistance regarding this?

Thank you again, Vokarya!

Thanks so much for the replies, it explains a lot. I have stability problems every time, right from the start of the game, at the same time the best units are storming, so it pays to have only archers, which is a shame. Some governments (castes) are useless because they make stability even worse.
If I have safe stability in some cities and only some have problems, all but the capital will automatically rebel.
I'm sending two saved positions:
One: The situation in the cities is improving rapidly (Hat Yai)
Second: After a few rounds they start to rebel and I don't know what to do about it.

I read somewhere that the parameters that affect stability are shown under the F2 key instead of the financial advisor, but I have the financial advisor there.
I have financial problems, even though I have a lot of money...

Since the beginning, my whole gland has been crashing every 10 - 30 laps. It's very frustrating and spoils the game. Maybe deactivate this feature until it is debugged, or allow the game settings to select a positive stability level? Some players may be discouraged...

Thanks.

The first thing I would recommend is check your own Revolution settings. Press Ctrl+Alt+O to open the BUG menu, then click the RevolutionDCM tab. Check the last drop-down. This increases the revolution index specifically for human players. If it's not on 0.0, set it to that and that will alleviate a small amount of the revolution issues.

I haven't actually played in a very long time, but 7 cities for your time period does seem like a lot. That early into the game, you need a tight civilization with lots of road connections and a spread religion to keep hold of your outlying religions.

I wasn't able to update, so the link that you sent me was very useful. Thank you so much!

Also, is the MegaCiv Pack still being updated? I have had some problems with the game crashing whenever I try to enter the WorldBuilder or try to move to the next turn following turn 1 when using one of the civs from this pack. I am not sure if you are able to answer this question; if not, would you know where I can go for assistance regarding this?

Thank you again, Vokarya!

MegaPack is not my issue, but I do have the code. Which civ were you using?

The first thing I would recommend is check your own Revolution settings. Press Ctrl+Alt+O to open the BUG menu, then click the RevolutionDCM tab. Check the last drop-down. This increases the revolution index specifically for human players. If it's not on 0.0, set it to that and that will alleviate a small amount of the revolution issues.

I haven't actually played in a very long time, but 7 cities for your time period does seem like a lot. That early into the game, you need a tight civilization with lots of road connections and a spread religion to keep hold of your outlying religions.
I had these problems even with four cities. I tried setting Revolution to 0 and playing it again. We'll see...
...and why does the description of stability show me constant problems with finances?

is the MegaCiv Pack still being updated?
No, not really.
But there was no need for it for a long while AFAIK :)

...and why does the description of stability show me constant problems with finances?
That's a known issue/bug.
Vokarya: What do you think about removing finances from the equation? I think it would save players a lot of confusion. I wonder how hard it is to do. Haven't checked it yet though.

MegaPack is not my issue, but I do have the code. Which civ were you using?
If I remember correctly, I believe I specifically used Russia (Nicholas II) and America (Reagan); those were the only two I remember off hand. However, it appeared as if any civ from the mega pack that I used would result in a crash following the first turn or if I attempted to access the World Builder. I think I also received a "bad allocation" warning before the game closed.

No, not really.
But there was no need for it for a long while AFAIK :)

Vokarya: What do you think about removing finances from the equation? I think it would save players a lot of confusion. I wonder how hard it is to do. Haven't checked it yet though.
Hi Nexus! So the mega pack civs are supposed to be integrated into the regular mod without downloading the pack from CivFanatics?

Hi Nexus! So the mega pack civs are supposed to be integrated into the regular mod without downloading the pack from CivFanatics?
No. You still have to download it.
"There was no need to update it for a long time" = "It work with newer and newer AND versions without any issues."

I had these problems even with four cities. I tried setting Revolution to 0 and playing it again. We'll see...
I've tried to make sense of that calculation a bunch of times and I never get anywhere. I think it's one of those things that is far more complicated than it needs to be.

No. You still have to download it.
"There was no need to update it for a long time" = "It work with newer and newer AND versions without any i
Okay, I see!

I was discussing this issue with Vokarya where I enter into a game and attempt to access World Builder; I receive this memory allocation failure within the first one or two turns. This picture attached is from a game on the Giant Earth Map with no preset civs playing as Demetrius of Bactria. I tried a couple other games as other civs (America and Cuba) and I actually was able to enter World Builder, but I received a python exception message followed by another allocation failure when I tried to reenter World Builder from there.

Please let me know if there is any other information that I can provide!

Attachments

• Memory Failure as Bactria.png
    Memory Failure as Bactria.png
    163 KB · Views: 28
It's just Python code and can be removed by adding # to every line in that section. The problem is that I don't know how big of an effect that would have.

I think I need to understand exactly how the threshold calculations work out. It seems straightforward but I think something is interfering with the calculations. Otherwise it wouldn't show up as often.

Hello I play ROM with larger font. For this I use a modified civ.4theme common file.

But I have to delete all updates in launcher every time and reload and replace this file again.

Otherwise the font is big but the font changes.

Does anyone know what could be the reason for this?

PS: The files in the directory look like an SVN version.

Is this because of the launcher?

So I just installed this mod and starting playing. For some reason I notice my units just vanish on occasion with no notification of an animal or barbarian attack. The attached save if you hit end turn the scout to the south should just.. vanish. I have no idea why.

Attachments

• VanishingAct.CivBeyondSwordSave
    854.6 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom