AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Hello.
After reinstalling Windows and a new installation of the game + fashion, this error appeared.
How to fix?
Thanks.

That TXT_KEY is not part of the mod. I can't find ALLIESCARRIER anywhere in the game's files. It would seem that you got an extra file somewhere. Can you find what folder that file is in?

Tribal villages aren't being disabled in recent versions, at least for SmartMap.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Robby BC-5325.CivBeyondSwordSave
    382 KB · Views: 24
IIRC that (and some other) map script places goody huts independently from game options.

i see thanks, is there an easy way to make them give gold only? I don't like when they reveal the map or give free techs or spawn barbs.

Find CIV4GoodyInfo.xml in Civ4 Assets/xml/Gameinfo folder.
Copy to ROM-AND's Assets/xml/Gameinfo folder.
Edit it.
You can out-tag parts of the code by putting it between <!-- and -->
Example:
Code:
        <GoodyInfo>
            <Type>GOODY_HIGH_GOLD</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_GOODY_GOLD</Description>
            <Sound>AS2D_GOODY_GOLD</Sound>
            <iGold>20</iGold>
            <iGoldRand1>51</iGoldRand1>
            <iGoldRand2>51</iGoldRand2>
            <iMapOffset>0</iMapOffset>
            <iMapRange>0</iMapRange>
            <iMapProb>0</iMapProb>
            <iExperience>0</iExperience>
            <iHealing>0</iHealing>
            <iDamagePrereq>0</iDamagePrereq>
            <bTech>0</bTech>
            <bBad>0</bBad>
            <UnitClass>NONE</UnitClass>
            <BarbarianClass>NONE</BarbarianClass>
            <iBarbarianUnitProb>0</iBarbarianUnitProb>
            <iMinBarbarians>0</iMinBarbarians>
        </GoodyInfo>
<!--        <GoodyInfo>
            <Type>GOODY_MAP</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_GOODY_MAP</Description>
            <Sound>AS2D_GOODY_MAP</Sound>
            <iGold>0</iGold>
            <iGoldRand1>0</iGoldRand1>
            <iGoldRand2>0</iGoldRand2>
            <iMapOffset>4</iMapOffset>
            <iMapRange>4</iMapRange>
            <iMapProb>80</iMapProb>
            <iExperience>0</iExperience>
            <iHealing>0</iHealing>
            <iDamagePrereq>0</iDamagePrereq>
            <bTech>0</bTech>
            <bBad>0</bBad>
            <UnitClass>NONE</UnitClass>
            <BarbarianClass>NONE</BarbarianClass>
            <iBarbarianUnitProb>0</iBarbarianUnitProb>
            <iMinBarbarians>0</iMinBarbarians>
        </GoodyInfo>    -->
In the above example you can still get GOODY_HIGH_GOLD but not GOODY_MAP.

Thanks I got it. Commenting them out created errors cause CIV4HandicapInfo looks for all those structures. But removing GoodyType in CIV4HandicapInfo was enough.

Thanks I got it. Commenting them out created errors cause CIV4HandicapInfo looks for all those structures. But removing GoodyType in CIV4HandicapInfo was enough.
Oh, yes, I totally forgot that those still will be called :hammer2:
But you have found the solution and that's all that matters :)

Hey, I think there is a missing model (Ironclad Cruiser). Here's what I've encountered :

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2 MB · Views: 65
Hey, I think there is a missing model (Ironclad Cruiser). Here's what I've encountered :

You need to update to v1094. I did miss the model when I updated the FPK file so v1094 was just to fix that problem.

I don't know how the launcher works. I use the SVN only. Since you are already updated to v1093, you can download the two files that were updated in 1094 directly from SourceForge.

https://sourceforge.net/p/anewdawn/... of Mankind - A New Dawn/Assets/AND_Units.FPK
https://sourceforge.net/p/anewdawn/...A New Dawn/Assets/Python/Contrib/CvModName.py

Then you have to find these two files in your mod folder (the FPK is in Assets, the PY file is in Assets\Python\Contrib) and overwrite the existing files with the new version.

Thanks, I used the launcher to update the file and it worked, the ironclad model is in the game now. Unfortunately I have another problem now (it happened before the update too). I have a brutal CTD after I end a turn and my game can't progress. Is there a possibility to debug this? Are there any logs?
I uploaded the save, next turn causes the crash.

Attachments

• Maya 17.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I was able to move to the next turn without a problem. This is the save just after hitting Enter and then the splash screen for Aviation tech.

Attachments

• kroko AD-1876-Summer.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
It crashes on my PC unfortunately.
BTW could you advance a turn and post the new save here? I know this is a silly method to progress, but I don't want to experiment with reinstalling the mod, etc.

Loving the look of this mod but I can't select the full roster of game speeds (see attached). I've tried various screen resolutions and 2 different PCs but still the same. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20220528_151435.jpg
    IMG_20220528_151435.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 67
The other thing you can do about gamespeeds is create a Custom Game, and then after you do that, your regular games would keep the last settings used.

Maybe it solved but I get random CTD (no message just close game, as if alt-F4 been done) sometimes with loading, autosave, sometimes even closing a game (to load) from main menu for speed and even just random when checking menus, WB. The game is fine and it is really random, sometimes 3 in 10 minutes then 30 minutes nothing. I check debug and saw tons of these messages, like 30 in a row even more, rest I can't tell and often in between turns tons more.

PY:onModNetMessage
Modder's net message!

I had this issue with older version too back in 2014 when I used another computer, and eventually an autosave can go corrupt, as it CTD while saving, I never have this with any other mods.

Is anyone capable of fixing "Pay war reparations"? it was working several patches ago but trading what they want for it does nothing anymore.

Attachments

• Robby BC-0515.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 54
Is anyone capable of fixing "Pay war reparations"? it was working several patches ago but trading what they want for it does nothing anymore.
What do you mean it does not work? From that screenshot I can't tell but it looks fine to me. Once you pay war reparations, attitude of the other AI player toward you will improve. Doesn't it work like that anymore?

Well, it may work as intended but you have to admit, that seeing everything on one side is confusing as hell. One would expect the offender side offering gold and resources and in exchange the offended side offers "Forgiveness".
Perhaps it could be moved to the other side and change the text to something like "Forgive past deeds" or "Improve relationship" and the hover text would say "You pay war reparations."

Top Bottom