AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, so I post it here:

'Claim territory' is a great feature, I really like it when I am 1tile away from a resource I want.
The problem is, that this option is present only in the early game. I guess it can be used only in the first military civic, but when I change that, CT is gone.
Couldn't it last just for the whole game?
[Or it those, just changing revisions turned it off?]

It's always been like that from what I can remember. It botherd me as well but not so much to look for a solution. I was wondering why it was done like that in first place. I'm not sure when/how it's supposed to work.

Edit: nevermind, I've checked, you can claim territory only if you're using civics with fixed borders, i.e. Despotism, Monarchy, Fascism or Intolerant.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13223568 said:
It's always been like that from what I can remember. It botherd me as well but not so much to look for a solution. I was wondering why it was done like that in first place. I'm not sure when/how it's supposed to work.

Edit: nevermind, I've checked, you can claim territory only if you're using civics with fixed borders, i.e. Despotism, Monarchy, Fascism or Intolerant.

Thank you.
You are :king:

SVN 708

I've found a bug with Moral promotion, it doesn't work, when you leave enemy lands and enter your own lands. You still have 2 movement in enemy lands, but leave them and enter your own, on a paved road, from a paved road, what ever terrain, it uses both movement points. This leaves your Great General promoted units at risk, where they should have been able to escape to safety.

I can't get past turn #1170, Fall 1898. Whatever I do, it always crashes on that turn.

Savegame And compressed (zip. rar or 7z) Minidump, which is created in the BtS main directory where the exe. is found, Please. Also give game version (what build it is).

Just saying you can't get past a turn with a date is of no help.

Also give details as to the last thing you did before it CTD's.

JosEPh

Savegame And compressed (zip. rar or 7z) Minidump, which is created in the BtS main directory where the exe. is found, Please. Also give game version (what build it is).

Just saying you can't get past a turn with a date is of no help.

Also give details as to the last thing you did before it CTD's.

JosEPh

OK. I'm using the latest AND - well, I assume it's the latest, I only got it a week ago - and BTS 3.19.

Savegame I can chuck you, no problem, but I'm afraid I have no shagging idea what a "compressed minidump" is.

The last thing I did before crash has varied, cos I kept going back to earlier saves and doing different things, but it always just crashed on the same turn, every time.

To quote myself: "Minidump.dmp, which is created in the BtS main directory where the exe. is found", compress it using .zip, .rar, or 7z or you won't be able to upload it. The MiniDump.dmp is a diagnostic file that we've added to the game.

You do know how to upload a save, screen shot, etc??? You do know how to use a compression file like win.zip, win.rar, etc. yes?

Place your mouse over your Flag in game and on the left lower sie of the Main screen there will be info telling what version you are using. A "week" ago could be 3 versions ago. Latest is SVN 708.

So the game CTD's when you click end of turn?

JosEPh

SVN 708 Eternity speed, Giagantic map.

I've now got the same error, attack a city and it crashes.

I've gone 1 turn further, with out attacking the 3rd time with a Melee unit, as this triggers the crash, well next turn, its crashes again.

It seems to freeeze, then will crash to desktop after 2-3 Seconds.

Save and dump file attached, nothing in the Python error, or dbg files. (out of ordinary)

*Edit* I've gotten past the crash, I came at the city from a different angle, and it got through.

The city had a moat, as it had a zone of control about the city, most strange. I had to move 1 away from the zone of control, come in at a NW vector, as opposed to the SW, (West not East) where I was getting the crash, and it enabled the taking of the city.

I've gone 1 turn further, with out attacking the 3rd time with a Melee unit, as this triggers the crash, well next turn, its crashes again.

Save and dump file attached, nothing in the Python error, or dbg files. (out of ordinary)

*Edit* I've gotten past the crash, I came at the city from a different angle, and it got through.

The city had a moat, as it had a zone of control about the city, most strange. I had to move 1 away from the zone of control, come in at a NW vector, as opposed to the SW, (West not East) where I was getting the crash, and it enabled the taking of the city.

I loaded up the save with a debug and release DLLs, neither crashed when I captured the city (and advanced 1 turn). I checked the minidump but the crash was way outside the codebase. I can't debug this particular issue any further. If you get another crash, please do post it.

For what it's worth. I was experiencing crashes that resulted from my computer fans and heat-sinks being filthy and my graphic card was overheating. Blew them off with a compressor and cleaned them further with cotton swabs and it stopped.

Buck

Most crashes outside the codebase have shown to be a result of a missing or misdirected art reference.

And missing or corrupt textures, missing or corrupt nif files, missing or corrupt kfm files or other hard and software problems. The resmgr.log can also help to find such problems.

Getting these strange python errors and start-up.

Game loads and plays fine, but mention them none the less

I'll attach the python errors file

had a quick look couldn't see anything wrong, you go from last line as first error isn't ?? used notepad++ to check

Further, the lighthouse still shows +1:food: and not +1:gold: as per changes.

Defenitely SVN 710, I've also done Cntl-shift-Q to update after I said to update the dll, or accept or what ever.

Getting most strange errors now.

1st - Can't up date the DLL using Cntl-(alt or shift)-Q. *Edit* (Cntl-Shift-'T') mouse over flag say's version 712, build 710??

2nd - Weakest defender is defending 1st in cities, have seen this once before, but it corrected itself, so was a once off error?

3rd - Game crashes at end of turn, just goes into a Do_exit state.

4th - Hitting F1, will cause a freeze up of the game, haven't tried others as yet.??

Save is attached,

Oh python errors gone, but Lighthouse still not registering properly, SVN 710 problem??

Getting most strange errors now.
2nd - Weakest defender is defending 1st in cities, have seen this once before, but it corrected itself, so was a once off error?
I've sometimes seen a ship become the defender even while there are strong land units still in the city. I noticed because the cannons couldn't attack anymore, for some reason (red dot cursor when pointing at the city). So I attacked with a land unit, killed the defending ship, and then my cannons could resume their attacks on the remaining land units. Weird. (Rev 685, so, may have been addressed since).

I've sometimes seen a ship become the defender even while there are strong land units still in the city. I noticed because the cannons couldn't attack anymore, for some reason (red dot cursor when pointing at the city). So I attacked with a land unit, killed the defending ship, and then my cannons could resume their attacks on the remaining land units. Weird. (Rev 685, so, may have been addressed since).

It could be the Catacombs building; there's a 10% chance per turn that attackers "discover a secret passage", meaning the weakest unit defends first. I think it's permanent for that city and might even be for all cities in that civ. I've never looked too closely at the code for it.

Can't debug right now but weakest defender is a feature if the dungeon/catacombs event is triggered. It's one of the castle addons. Check it out in the civilopedia, it is explained there.

Edit: The number of turns the invasion/weakest defender lasts is invasion chance / 2. So with the catacombs it lasts 5 turns.

Edit2: Vokarya the catacombs effect is per-city. Not national. The trigger chance is only checked if there are adjacent *enemy* units outside the city. Otherwise the trigger never runs at all.

Well if that's true, I was never notified of the event, and one other time I was notified, I couldn't attack, as it had a Castle gate, and I hadn't reduced it to below 25% as yet.

Another note to add, is the "Weapon_factory" supposed to be commented out, in the building info's, because it is, under SVN 708.

I've gone back, because 712, is bugged? and didn't keep 710.

*Edit* Sorry, should have added, it crashes at the end of the turn, I've tried it a couple of times. Hitting any of the Function Key's will also cause it to crash.

Reference to save in previous posting.

*Edit 2* Updated to 708, it IMMEDIATELY wanted to update the DLL, 710 and 712, both didn't do this

*Edit 3* My appologies, I was notified, it happed 1 turn before, but still couldn't attack as hadn't reduced to below 25%, once I got it below 25%, then it started with the lowest defender, going up the order. So that's how it works, it should work regardless of the city gate though, its a SECRET ENTERENCE after all.

It could be the Catacombs building; there's a 10% chance per turn that attackers "discover a secret passage", meaning the weakest unit defends first. I think it's permanent for that city and might even be for all cities in that civ. I've never looked too closely at the code for it.

Don't the catacombs expire though? I saw this happening in the modern era; we certainly all had Rifling and Economics by then. I also didn't get any notifications about secret entrances, notifications which I have seen on other occasions.

Top Bottom