AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Your using REV with a WB made Map. A Barb War Galley was destroyed by one of your units.

Do you have a savegame the turn before the CTD? If so load it up and Do Not destroy the Barb War Galley.

What Map are you using?
With REV On do you also have Barb World or Barb Civ On?

Also Update to SVN 603.

JosEPh

Thanks! I'll turn off auto hunt on my battleships and use WB to remove the barbarian gallery. Not playing with Barb world on.

The load worked and am still playing through. Thanks for finding the reason behind the random CTDs.

Will update to 603-is it save game compatible due to the new compatibility save default or should I finish my game first...?

It's compatible.

There is a problem with the UN Missions. I just scrolled down and selected None.

Played thru turn and started next turn. Savegame attached. Didn't find the War Galley though, but didn't look real long either.

Big discrepancy between your empire and some of the lower empires, Bowmen vs Modern Tanks. ;)

JosEPh

Were Sea Tunnels taken out at some point? I don't seem to be able to build them, but I have all the pre-reqs for it.

I went into the options and Sea Tunnels are checked... any ideas?

It's compatible.

Big discrepancy between your empire and some of the lower empires, Bowmen vs Modern Tanks. ;)

JosEPh

Yea - I've been using WB a bit to play around :)
But I also have been giving tons of tech and money to some of the other empires...well, some of them :D

Were Sea Tunnels taken out at some point? I don't seem to be able to build them, but I have all the pre-reqs for it.

I went into the options and Sea Tunnels are checked... any ideas?

Not really. I've never built any. And I don't know from the Afforess' AND and C2C DLL merge if it's been even tested.

JosEPh

One other observation - might want to consider Apollo program being able to be built even if not playing space race victory. There are several wonders/projects dependent on it being built (space station, hubble radio, deep space research, etc.). Seems strange to exclude that content based on victory conditions.

45*38'N's 603 SVN revision dealt with part of that.

JosEPh

They are an Option during setup. Did you turn them On at Game start set up?

JosEPh

No, there's an options to turn them OFF, No Inquisitions.

Spoiler :

Not to turn them ON.

and additionally, I have a state religion, I have adopted a state religion (F7) and it is active (hammer bonus, research, culture etc)

Spoiler :

Not to turn them ON.

and additionally, I have a state religion, I have adopted a state religion (F7) and it is active (hammer bonus, research, culture etc)

I'll have a look as soon as I can; as for the UN problem dudeSDCA reported, it's on the to-do list.
Regarding things dependant on Apollo Project, there's nothing to do right now, I think; I actually never play without Space Victory unless I use Mastery Victory (and in MV Apollo Program, Spaceship, etc are enabled (even if Space Victory isn't a victory anymore under Mastery conditions).

On a side note: did someone report strange behaviour of resources INSIDE the city screen? Something I noted only today, but I haven't gone deep after this strange behaviour. It looks like resources are ok when calculating bonuses and trading but they seem to be multiplied when reported available inside the city screee. I'll have a look at this in the next days but I wonder if someone else had this problem (strange because I haven't touched anything regarding resources and I don't remember this problem in previous SVN version, although something similar happened in AND2 beta2).

Spoiler :

Not to turn them ON.

What version are you playing? I didn't see where you stated that.

JosEPh

Yes it is, because the WarAlerts error is missing in the options tab *thanks 45'38"*

it has that I have intolerant as a religious option, but still says to check civics

Spoiler :

I've included a world builder copy of the options, save game as world builder file from world builder, and open with text editior.

Spoiler :

I've tried with revolutions, and without, so not that.

World builder file is attached won't accept world builder files???

Ipex, I've checked your autosave some posts above; you're using liberal, that's why you can't train inquisitors... Just change your society civic from liberal to something else, and you will be able to build inquisitors. I've tested it with your savegame and it works. You can't build inquisitors while using liberal, no matter if you are using intolerant.

@JosEPh_II and anyone else experiencing CTD probably caused by barbarians: if possible I need a savegame and a minidump report, but I need it when playing with rev603. Barbarians are definetly causing some problems, included the one I reported above about resources being multiplied in the city screen. Thank you. :)

Coming back to the nuke CTD I was having a while back, I started a new game with the latest SVN build and I was still having continuous CTD at modern era. I checked the PythonDbg log and I saw the same message as before:
Code:
PY:Nuke detonated at xx, xx

This game is with Advanced Nukes off, and also nukes are forbidden by UN resolution. I deleted the logs and played a previous save to reproduce a clean error, but so far I haven't got anything. The most interesting part is that I am seeing spy activity on my cities, whereas when I was having the CTD there was nothing. Could the nuke CTD be caused by plant nuke from a spy?

One other thing. Stealth destroyers are doing nothing when enemy ships come near them. I was having destroyers on top of fisheries and enemy ships could come and pillage them without my ships doing anything. Also I can't see submarines with the Stealth destroyers.

That's all python coding and out of my realm of understanding. It's up to 45*38'N I guess and his ToDo List.

JosEPh :(

Coming back to the nuke CTD I was having a while back, I started a new game with the latest SVN build and I was still having continuous CTD at modern era. I checked the PythonDbg log and I saw the same message as before:
Code:

This game is with Advanced Nukes off, and also nukes are forbidden by UN resolution. I deleted the logs and played a previous save to reproduce a clean error, but so far I haven't got anything. The most interesting part is that I am seeing spy activity on my cities, whereas when I was having the CTD there was nothing. Could the nuke CTD be caused by plant nuke from a spy?

Nuclear explosion could be caused by a spy, could be a nuclear plant meltdown or could just be a nuclear explosion. Adv Nukes off and nukes forbidden by UN don't mean that there are no nukes: just that no nukes can be produced after the UN resolution. I'm learning something about python and C++ so I'll have a look. As usual a savegame might help. ;)

One other thing. Stealth destroyers are doing nothing when enemy ships come near them. I was having destroyers on top of fisheries and enemy ships could come and pillage them without my ships doing anything. Also I can't see submarines with the Stealth destroyers.

I remember something similar happening to me too with stealth destroyers but then I forgot about it. I'll check and hopefully this is an easy one to solve :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;12147855 said:
Nuclear explosion could be caused by a spy, could be a nuclear plant meltdown or could just be a nuclear explosion. Adv Nukes off and nukes forbidden by UN don't mean that there are no nukes: just that no nukes can be produced after the UN resolution. I'm learning something about python and C++ so I'll have a look. As usual a savegame might help. ;)

I'm pretty sure no one has nukes because I timed the completion of Manhattan project and the resolution voting just right ;)
Anyway here is the save; I haven't managed to get the CTD yet, but I'll keep trying.
View attachment temp11Rom.zip

Edit: It seems I get something else now; If you play the save use the F35s in the carriers to Air strike the nearby Celtic capital. I always CTD when I do that.

Top Bottom