Anno Domini (Civ 6 version) available now! [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not yet altered the Civics tree, except for moving the buildings and units to the tech tree. Altering the civics tree is the next job ;). This is an early version of a mod that will run and run, and become more detailed as versions go by. Once we can add 2D art, then you'll see some big changes.

Incidentally, the plan for the Civics tree is that it will be government policy + new types of government + diplomatic abilities like open borders - but no buildings/units/wonders, they'll be focussed within the tech tree.

each time i play crashes after around 260-360 turns.Any ideas? other wise vgood mod.

Version 2 is now available.

The super-strong barbarians appearing at the beginning of the game have been deleted - they're now what you would expect.

How do you acomplish this? Thanks

I'd swapped some techs around to make the icons fit - so Bronze Working had been renamed to Armour, a much later tech - but underneath the layers it was still Bronze Working, which the barbarians got for free. So making it so that they didn't get it for free stopped them from having the tech allowing them to build super-strong units.

The actual coding in the techs xml is BarbarianFree="false" if you don't want them to have it, BarbarianFree="true" if you do want them to have it. The default is false, so you don't need to add it to those techs you need it to be false in - except if you're overriding an existing BarbarianFree="true" of course.

I'd swapped some techs around to make the icons fit - so Bronze Working had been renamed to Armour, a much later tech - but underneath the layers it was still Bronze Working, which the barbarians got for free. So making it so that they didn't get it for free stopped them from having the tech allowing them to build super-strong units.

The actual coding in the techs xml is BarbarianFree="false" if you don't want them to have it, BarbarianFree="true" if you do want them to have it. The default is false, so you don't need to add it to those techs you need it to be false in - except if you're overriding an existing BarbarianFree="true" of course.

Thanks, Nice tips! I will use it in my Mod, but also puting "Sailing" to BarbarianFree="False" too.

I am playing a vanilla version of anno. It is the only mod that is loaded. I keep crashing at turn 180.

Attachments

• Crash Log & Save.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 153
How do you install this? I activated the mod but I don't see the new leaders.

PS: btw I have the Modern Buildings mod which also overrides the Icon_Buildings.xml file. How should I deal with this?

You'll need to select the Anno Domini ruleset from the dropdown on the advanced set-up menu. It's the top dropdown on the right hand side. In terms of the Icon_Buildings.xml file, you'd use the Anno Domini one to override it when you're playing Anno Domini and the Modern Buildings one to play that mod. The two mods aren't playable together - not least that modern buildings wouldn't actually exist in Anno Domini.

@Klipche, I couldn't open your save file properly (as I hadn't got smoother difficulty mod) but this is most likely the issue. Anno Domini is designed to be a total conversion game that is run without other mods being present. I'll see if I can load it with smoother difficulty at some point later today (I have to go to work soon) and see if there's anything else.

This is the first mod I've tried and I love it! I'm Impressed with the following:
  • The additional techs seem to slow the game down, which is much needed;
  • Pushing back the districts further into the tech tree means i actually get to build some base city improvements;
  • The additional city improvements add variety which is nice; and
  • Little things like pushing back tech needed to harvest or clear resources seems to improve pacing.

Unfortunately while possibly a co-incidence, I seem to have the same issue as @Klipche and have a crash on turn 183 which i cant seem to get past. No other mods are loaded.

First of all - great work, I really like it, I always liked to discover new technologies and there are plenty of them in this mod, thanx a lot!!! ...however, I would like to play this mod till the end at least once but I cannot! As some of you here mentioned: it keeps crashing. It seems like it crashes everytime I use Mendeleev (the Great Scientist), I tried to pass this great person but within few turns someone else obviously gain this person, uses it and the game crashes again. Then I even tried to get this person for myself and then deleted it as a unit but still the same, the game crashes during counting/calculating the next turn... Did anyone else notice this problem or am I the only one?

You'll need to select the Anno Domini ruleset from the dropdown on the advanced set-up menu. It's the top dropdown on the right hand side. In terms of the Icon_Buildings.xml file, you'd use the Anno Domini one to override it when you're playing Anno Domini and the Modern Buildings one to play that mod. The two mods aren't playable together - not least that modern buildings wouldn't actually exist in Anno Domini.

So, for now we always have to override the icons xml? :/

You already tried it with your <File>AnnoDomini_Icons_Buildings.xml</File>, rigth? (I dont see this file)

Many thanks!

I downloaded the new version, I started playing today and, in turn 81, the berserkers appeared ... first one, then several... :eek:

I had the old version of Anno Domini ...

Is it possible that I have made a mistake in the installation and still playing the first version? If so, how should I correct it? :confused:

I've tried to see what's happening with respect to the crash but can't find it. It's possible that another civ had Mendeleev (the Great Scientist) - and it would seem that this is a problem because he activates Chemistry, a tech that is deleted from the mod. This would make sense as to the reason the mod then crashes, so it's something else I need to override in my next version.
@raen, yes we need to override the icons_buildings.xml file; the Anno Domini version is in the UI/Icons folder of the download and if you look in the game files, the folder is Steam/Steamapps/Common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Base/Assets/UI/Icons.
@Ronald Gordo, why not delete the old version from your folder and install the new version?

I am now working on version three, but work is almost taking over at the moment as we get towards Christmas. I am expecting to have it out prior to Christmas Day though!

When I create a game and start it, it kicks me back to the main menu after displaying the "loading game" message. Well actually a "Start Game" message is shown very briefly before it kicks me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom