Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

I appreciate the work that you're putting into creating a map for the mod. Just so that you're aware of future developments, there will (possibly by the next update) be no civs available at all with the base game (as they're all going to be in packs), though I don't think that there'll be any real updates to the base game itself, except adding maybe an extra building or wonder, or correcting any bugs that are found. What I guess I'm saying is that my days tinkering with resources are over, so the maps should in theory be continuous.

What would be great once each pack is complete is if there's a map that could go with some of them. The ones I'm thinking of are Roman Britain (which FA did a couple of maps for, but they may need tweaking in terms of resources), the Fertile Crescent and Ancient Greece.

Will you be bringing back the Amazons? I thought theyd be in with the greeks or slavs

By the way, I absolutely love the new events and decisions. :)

EDIT: City states keep building settlers after they founded their secondary city. The one closest to my capital currently has 4 of them. Not a big deal but I thought I'd mention it.

By the way, I absolutely love the new events and decisions. :)

EDIT: City states keep building settlers after they founded their secondary city. The one closest to my capital currently has 4 of them. Not a big deal but I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm surprised that the city states have settlers. The methodology of their extra cities is simply to plant the new city, not have a settler go out and found one.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm surprised that the city states have settlers. The methodology of their extra cities is simply to plant the new city, not have a settler go out and found one.

I think they have both. The cities do appear out of nowhere (was surprised when there was suddenly a new city on an island when nobody had researched Embarkation yet) but they also have settlers which they don't use. They just pile up in their territory.

In other news, I'm surprised how intelligently the AI build their cities on my map. I've made sure there are enough rivers, and to my surprise the AI make use of them. Also, Deity without cheating is hard af. I have a score of 260 at turn 470 and Alexander has over 1000. Not sure if I'll be able to catch up with all victory conditions enabled. Could be I'm still building Triremes when Alexander sends his camels to space.

Edit: About the city states, if you capture their secondary city and raze it without leaving a unit there, a new city will plop up there as soon as the old one is done razing (literally the same turn). Kinda annoying if you just want that city out of your way without killing the city state as a whole, or want your own city in that exact spot. Still love that they now have more than one city, though. :) [Next edit: I just had Tylis' 3rd (!) city popping up directly on top of one of my units. :D ]

Edit 2: Alexander has no icon that appears on the right side of the screen when he declares war or makes peace. There's just a black circle. Also, roads are barely visible? The outline is still there but the brownish filling is missing, which makes it hard to spot roads on terrain with features. Although that *might* be only on my custom map because I had a bit of weirdness in the World Builder where every terrain and feature type was there twice in the dropdown menus, and one of them seemed to be corrupted (produced a black tile).

The Basilica of San Marco seems to be missing a text string: "Enrico Dandolo has completed TXT_KEY_SAN_MARCO_BASILICA_DESC!" The Wikipedia has more of the same on it but the effects seem to be working.

It's said the WW Petra give on desert tiles +1:c5production: +1:c5food: +1:c5gold:
but only +1:c5production: +1:c5food: is given
Thanks for feeding it in.
The Basilica of San Marco seems to be missing a text string: "Enrico Dandolo has completed TXT_KEY_SAN_MARCO_BASILICA_DESC!" The Wikipedia has more of the same on it but the effects seem to be working.
Another little bug that will be quashed! Are you enjoying the latest version?

Yup, enjoying it a LOT. Mercenaries are a great addition, although all the contracts are constantly and exclusively being swallowed up by city states - maybe there's a way to make them unavailable for them? The way it is, these mercenaries just hang around doing nothing except if someone happens to attack them.

Also, the Galley is unavailable to build for some reason. It's possible to upgrade Curraghs but Galleys can't be built on their own, which leaves a one-era-gap of no new navy production (just when I started to pull myself out of the gutter to start my conquest ... bad timing, I guess - but the AI doesn't have many ships either currently).

Also, the Galley is unavailable to build for some reason. It's possible to upgrade Curraghs but Galleys can't be built on their own, which leaves a one-era-gap of no new navy production (just when I started to pull myself out of the gutter to start my conquest ... bad timing, I guess - but the AI doesn't have many ships either currently).

I confirm the bug on v17 and v18

-The social policy "commerce" doesn't provide the +25%:c5gold: in capital as expected

-The confusion between Artist/Adventurer and Philosophe/Musicien is a nightmare for me

Hammurabi also doesn't have an icon (like Alexander, as previously reported).

But I gotta say I like pretty much everything about the new version. The whole thing is getting closer and closer to perfection. :cool:

EDIT: Karnak Temple Complex is missing an appropriate tooltip that states that it increases overall culture in the empire by 25%.

Oh I am getting the roads almost invisible too, to confirm it's not just Unedjis, and my map isn't custom it's just a random map.

Hammurabi also doesn't have an icon (like Alexander, as previously reported).
As they move to their individual packs, these are being sorted. I'm not quite sure why this is (it's not the same issue as with the other icons).

But I gotta say I like pretty much everything about the new version. The whole thing is getting closer and closer to perfection. :cool:
Thanks!

EDIT: Karnak Temple Complex is missing an appropriate tooltip that states that it increases overall culture in the empire by 25%.
I'm on it.

It's said the WW Petra give on desert tiles +1:c5production: +1:c5food: +1:c5gold:
but only +1:c5production: +1:c5food: is given
I've checked the code and I've not changed anything from the original, so I can't understand why. Still, I've deleted and re-added the effect within Anno Domini, so it should be okay.

Oh I am getting the roads almost invisible too, to confirm it's not just Unedjis, and my map isn't custom it's just a random map.
I did add some custom roads (mainly so that Roman Roads weren't railroads!) I'll take them out though if they're becoming invisible.

Rob (R8XFT) said:
I did add some custom roads (mainly so that Roman Roads weren't railroads!) I'll take them out though if they're becoming invisible.

Don't take them out just yet! ;) They aren't "invisible" as such, but it seems like the filling is 90-100% transparent, so you can only see the outline. On most unimproved terrain (especially Forest and Jungle, where there's basically just a cleared path), this actually looks better than the original roads (imo), but on some improvements (esp. Plantations) they're becoming invisible. Maybe just adjust the transparency or whatever causes the invisible filling? If I remember I can take a screenshot when I play later and upload it somewhere so you can take a look.

As for Petra, while you're on it, please check whether it still gives the additional trade route that it isn't supposed to. That was a bug present throughout many versions and I never fixed it for my version because I wasn't sure how to modify base game files (and it's a remnant from the base game where you forgot to update the data, possibly because Petra's effect changed from G&K to BNW).

Thanks, I will check out Petra.

In other news, I've checked and now know that if I apply a value of ERA_ANCIENT to AIStopTradingEra for prime timber, it will simply mean that the AI will never offer it in trade negotiations. Therefore, with the city-states keeping their own prime timber from the woodcutter, they'll have enough to use for the ships.

I still haven't fathomed out yet why the galley can't be built. Seems a bit weird that one ;).

Top Bottom