Announce your Colonization Files here

I don't think a main page update has ever been done. Still, if one is done, I have three more Col files to announce:

Title: Westward Ho (Wild West Colonization)
Version: 0.3 (Beta Version)
Author: TC01, Flintlock1415, Kailric
Type: Mod
Forum: Westward Ho Forum Thread
Downloads: Westward Ho Download Page

Title: NorthAfrica
Version: 1.0
Author: TC01, Firaxis (Firaxis made the mapscript for Civ, I converted it to Col)
Type: Mapscript
Forum: NorthAfrica Forum Thread
Downloads: NorthAfrica Download Page

Title: Continents
Author: TC01, Firaxis (Firaxis made the mapscript for Civ, I converted it to Col)
Forum: Continents Forum Thread
Downloads: Continents Download Page

Colonization: 2071

Welcome to Colonization: 2071 , a scifi / space colonization remake of Civ4Col. Replacing ocean terrain with Deep Space, New World continents with faraway planets, Caravels with Starships, and native tribes with alien species, this mod aims to recreate the classic gameplay of Colonization in a scifi setting.

Similar to their compatriots of 579 years earlier, the colonists of 2071 are setting forth from a repressive and dystopian Earth in search of freedom and opportunity in strange new lands. Arriving on a variety of distant planets, the colonists encounter rare plant and mineral resources instantly in great demand by Earth's dying industry, and uncover a series of ancient ruins left by an advanced and mysterious alien race known as the Progenitors.

At present the mod is mainly a straightforward reskin of the Firaxis Colonization game with very few dramatic gameplay changes. In testament to my poor skill as an artist, all of the graphical imports are taken from the excellent work of other mods (mostly Final Frontier and NextWar, also DuneWars, Planetfall, and more) and contributors on civfanatics forums (including LordTirian, Deon, Walter Hawkwood, GeoModder, GarretSidaka, and again others too numerous to mention). Thanks to them and the relative simplicity of Civ4Col (and some quick Civilopedia find/replace ;-), I was able to go from nothing to a playable beta version in just under two weeks! I'll look forward to hearing any playtesting reports and feedback; if there is interest I may continue to add to the mod to make it more than a simple reskin.

Title: IceAge
Forum: IceAge Forum Thread
Downloads: IceAge Download Page

Still no Col files update...

Top Bottom