[GS] Antarctic Late Summer Patch Discussion Thread

What I don't get is why you're not getting Tamar's religion as pressure when you're trying to send this route.

She doesn't have her religion in that peripheral city of hers yet. It's still early. I'll keep an eye on things and see how it develops. And see what happens when they send trade routes to me. Thing is, they may not have their religion for long...

Wasn't sure which victory I would go for, but I've settled on religious victory. I'm a little "behind" in terms of I only have 1 holy site, but I'll catch up. The thing about Dharma is I don't want to eliminate other religions in my empire. It's why I was hesitant to pursue a religious victory. I won't bother with an inquisition.

edit: trade route came up for renewal. Telavi now has her religion, and if I send a trade route to Telavi I get +1 pressure from Eastern Orthodoxy. I really have no idea how this is supposed to work... It doesn't seem like it's working properly with Tamar, Dido seems okay.

Last edited:
From the patch notes - "Add beards to all remaining leaders that did not previously have beards." Whoot, we now have bearded women. ;-)

So, I can see that climate was decoupled from the disaster slider, but I don't see a climate slider or drop-down in advanced settings. Am I missing it, or can we no longer adjust climate intensity?

First game with the patch, and haven't encountered any city-states yet. I am playing Standard size, Continents map, on turn 41, and explored a good part of my continent already and I have met 3 other civs already, but no city-states! I hope it's a fluke. Last time it was the barbs that were missing in my first game.

So, I can see that climate was decoupled from the disaster slider, but I don't see a climate slider or drop-down in advanced settings. Am I missing it, or can we no longer adjust climate intensity?
Can't adjust climate effects at all, if I understand correctly.

First game with the patch, and haven't encountered any city-states yet. I am playing Standard size, Continents map, on turn 41, and explored a good part of my continent already and I have met 3 other civs already, but no city-states! I hope it's a fluke. Last time it was the barbs that were missing in my first game.

I got the boost for PolPhil, so fluke.

I am so happy with CS starting with walls! (cannot remember how many times as Kongo met Kandy first.. only to find it wiped out by the blasted Germans before I could even get my first governor out). Take that you bloodthirsty warmongerer Fred!

Does anyone else feel that the Chateau change was a straight-up nerf? Not sure why they did that. Now I need to plan two wonders around a river to get the old culture values? Why...
I think it’s a nerf overall. Realistic scenarios are going to give me +3 Chateaus instead of +4. The placement restrictions plus the nerf make the Chateau so meh...

It’s a really good patch.

It’s a little tricky, because of course it doesn’t fix everything. Ed suggested there would be even more tweaking than the livestream revealed but there’s nothing else that’s really huge that I’ve seen. And some of the changes - eg Chateau - seem like a step backwards from some angles (although, I actually think the Chateau works more sensibly overall now, but definitely weaker so will need another tweak).

FXS’s iterative approach to balance is maddening, even if it ultimately produces better and more thoughtful changes.

This patch maybe bodes well for the next patch really tackling balance; particularly Coastal Cities (the new hot topic), IZs, resources and power, and unit balance.

At this rate, we should have an absolutely amazing game ... by around Christmas 2025. Sigh.

...it’s still a really good patch though.

• Maori: Mana ability was incorrectly being applied to all units.
What the hell does that mean? Why would it not apply to all units?

Bye bye Kupe... They reduced Marae faith as well as culture so no more such monumentality snowball. This easily puts them down 2 tiers... The books you could've gotten now are worth much more than your UB.

They really should allow Maori to get GWs now, since many times Marae will be much worse than amphitheaters. (since Marae does not receive culture CS boost to begin with)

Just got off work. This patch looks incredible. Firaxis, you just made a sale!

[Edit]: Maybe not. Broken trade deals and no climate chang slider are both pretty concerning...

Last edited:
So all units in the game, no matter the civ, were receiving the extra 2 movement when embarked?
Yup. And based on the structure of the ability, they were probably also getting the combat bonus. I hadn't checked that part.

Monumentality embarked workers vroom vroom.

Yup. And based on the structure of the ability, they were probably also getting the combat bonus. I hadn't checked that part.

Monumentality embarked workers vroom vroom.

Crazy. Never noticed.

I am pretty sure the combat bonus ability does not actually exist.

QQ图片20190403101858.png ```?

Top Bottom