Any other beta tester making videos?

[feels shot down in flames]

Aww, don't feel bad: :cry: here's a cookie! :commerce:

Just try to remember the old Woody Allen line: "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me." :smug:

I have a feeling that being a beta tester is more work than fun, but that's just me.

Just try to remember the old Woody Allen line: "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me." :smug:

It's "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member", and it was said by Marx.

Not to go off topic, but come on Oz. Get it together :p You signed up in '06!

Why should I be pressured into getting onto a higher level? Why should I be like everybody else and beat the game on Diety sweating over ebing scared of making a single bad move causing me to completely lose? Warlord is fine as it is, it's easy enough for me to know I can casually relax and expand, without being worried about the AI owning me, but at the same time ocassionaly being attacked only to repel.

I like the Civ the way it is, and quite frankly don't even find the diplomacy broken in most cases. Besides, Civ 5 came out in '10, not '06.

Why should I be pressured into getting onto a higher level? Why should I be like everybody else and beat the game on Diety sweating over ebing scared of making a single bad move causing me to completely lose? Warlord is fine as it is, it's easy enough for me to know I can casually relax and expand, without being worried about the AI owning me, but at the same time ocassionaly being attacked only to repel.

I like the Civ the way it is, and quite frankly don't even find the diplomacy broken in most cases. Besides, Civ 5 came out in '10, not '06.

You have my support, play at whatever difficulty you enjoy it more.

]

Shouldn't be an issue whatever difficulty you choose.

Am curious though. do you ever lose? I try and pick a difficulty where it's 50/50. That's King for me right now.

]

Shouldn't be an issue whatever difficulty you choose.

Am curious though. do you ever lose? I try and pick a difficulty where it's 50/50. That's King for me right now.

50/50 is a lot for me :lol:

My sweet spot for difficulty in a game is where I might have serious problems in winning but still win fairly consistently. If I lose once in a while it's okay but no more than that.

50/50 is a lot for me :lol:

My sweet spot for difficulty in a game is where I might have serious problems in winning but still win fairly consistently. If I lose once in a while it's okay but no more than that.

I know Civ Rev is a dirty word here but I'd win 100% of the time on the second hardest difficulty and won only once in many tries on deity. I guess min/max isn't my strong suit.

My problem is that I find min/max kind of depressing. I get the idea, I really do, but it just kinda bums me out sometimes.

Like America being so damn good with Order :sad:

I never lose, Let's be honest, Warlord is the easy one, tried Prince couldn't overthrow Arabia and ended up losing one city so I rage quitted :p

I'm actually terrified of starting next to Zulu or Assyria (they seem to be the two warmongers) in BNW, I usually end up on top but if I stay small for too long or don't expand I could fall behind, I've noticed that since i'/ve strayed away from my usual starting strategy (which, quite frankly, was getting repetive) i've noticed I often end up on par with the other civs tech wise.

It's fine whatever difficulty you play on as long as you're having fun I'm just joking. I only play on King myself.

And I mentioned 2006 because from that sign-up time and the number of posts you have (and how reasonable they are) makes you look like a Civ veteran in my mind.

They arent looking for Immortal level players, so I'm afraid it will be some time before they look for Warlord level players.

To name a few, Ekmek lists his Civ5 difficulty as Prince. Pfeffersack doesn't list his Civ5 level, but shows Prince for Civ4. Bibor's LPs are predominantly Emperor. I believe SamBC usually plays on Warlord or Prince. I usually play on King.

Man, I wish I were one of those guys. Frankenstein test group rules :D

Firaxis doesn't have just the Frankenstein group. There is another group. I don't think Frankenstein even know we exist. lol.

The rule regarding NDAs almost always is that you can discuss what's been revealed, but not what hasn't been and you can never discuss the development process (Sullla has an awesome article about his time in Civ4 that was really cool but, unfortunately, blatantly violated the NDA and got him into a bit of trouble). Since you can only talk about what's been revealed, I suspect many avoid talking about anything because, after all, you don't want to take the chance that you reveal something.

This is very very true. I did enjoy lurking the forums though.

They arent looking for Immortal level players, so I'm afraid it will be some time before they look for Warlord level players.

All I'm going to say is that I am a hardcore Civ IV's Rhye's and Fall with all its modmods player. And no video because I am a firm believer that to enjoy something, whether it's a story, a history lesson, or a game, that the individual best experience it herself. Get BNW, it's that good.

To name a few, Ekmek lists his Civ5 difficulty as Prince. Pfeffersack doesn't list his Civ5 level, but shows Prince for Civ4. Bibor's LPs are predominantly Emperor. I believe SamBC usually plays on Warlord or Prince. I usually play on King.

[Feels shot down in flames]
Well I stand corrected! Sorry Rob, you (and I) still have a chance!

Firaxis doesn't have just the Frankenstein group. There is another group. I don't think Frankenstein even know we exist. lol.

so you're listed in the credits then?

@rest:

I think what Camikaze is trying to say is that there's a cross section of the civ community in the Frankenstein group (see credits and figure it out from there) and that it's not just top level players.

edit: and for the record, the videos I did were outside of the auspice of the test group.

It's no secret that I am huge fan of MadDjinn's LP - I have watched all of them (except the Beyond the Monument ones - did not know about those until last week). They're great for down times when I am not playing Civ. But since his playstyle is similar to mine (but at Immortal not Deity), there have been a LOT I have learned from him. I suspect that will be true for his BNW ones as well and eagerly anticipate those.

It doesn't matter what difficulty level you play at, you can always learn something from watching those that are much better at the game than you and I.

:sad:
Well now I feel like a big idiot. I regret and retract my previous comments.

It's "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member", and it was said by Marx.

Could be, probably an old joke, but it was definitely a line of Woody's in Annie Hall.

Top Bottom