1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Arcanum

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Tolina, Jun 20, 2016.

1. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Although it has been hard locked, did some work to give you guys some NPC suggestions for my neck of the woods.

Going to try and work counter clockwise so work with the colors as I struggle to describe them.

Top Left.

Light Blue - Two Rivers is a series of farming communities centered upon cultivating the two rivers in the area. Unique religion focused upon giving blood sacrifice to 'gods' on the mountain that denotes their eastern border. Its forbidden to travel by land east of the mountain. Human, elven minority.

Brown-Green - Trading city and associated nearby farmland. Bastion of NPC culture in southeast, Dwarven and technological. Anti-tribal, regularly rebuffs tribal raids from the east.

Grays - The three shades of gray in the center are the three major groups of tribal cultures. Each one has its own general religion and culture. Each country is a loosely unified and often infighting group of tribes. Mostly made up of Orcs, with Half Orcs, Gnome and Human minorities. Nomadic in nature. Regularly raid neighboring nations.

Yellow and Orange - Neighboring Elven nations that are centered upon life near their respective rivers. Rumored to be founded by fighting brothers whom the nations (Sothnheim and Borthnheim) are named after. Accepting of outsiders with minorities of Gnomes and humans.

Darker red and light red next to AA - Gnome border nations with minorities of Orcs, half orcs, half gnomes, and elves. Diverse and very violent politics. Provides some level of transition between the lawless tribal lands and the bastion of strength to their north.

Shades of Purple - Border nations between AA and Seon. Mix of their races and such. Often perceived as being in proxy wars against each other for the benefit of either AA or Seon.

Dark Green to the east - Large agrarian monarchy that sits upon two mighty rivers and some mountains to the north. Considered a regional power with the ability to raise large armies. Elven and Human.

It isnt very in depth but my creative juices arent flowing very well lately. Did what I could to fill in the map if you choose to use it.

2. Double A

Double A wak

those big NPCs are reaaaally ugly

3. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

My aesthetic tastes are different from normal humans. Also very pad with paint. Sue me.

4. Double A

Double A wak

Okay.

5. Double A

Double A wak

Also idk why you didn't account for my updated claims but I'm not giving land up to a NPC

6. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Sorry. I used the NPC map from Seon so I wouldnt infringe on his NPCs.

7. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 The Continuation of the Dream Supporter

We are introducing a new concept shamelessly ripped from XIX, namely Shame Points. Starting from NOW, you can and will be awarded shame points if you act disrespectfully to another player or a GM, either here or via a third party service (such as chat or Steam). A good metric (for the player-GM side at least) is if either me or Tolni start to reconsider if running this game was a good idea after conversing with you, you will be awarded shame points. Unlike XIX's shame point system, instead of being banned when you reach a certain number (which might not be enforceable under the IOT constitution), shame points will have an in-game penalty. We don't know what it will be yet, but it will be bad. Really bad.

This isn't a direct response to a single player's action, being disrespectful to the GM(s) is something that a disappointingly large number of you have done. That being disrespectful to the GMs is something that we thought that most players would understand off the bat, but hey that's not the game we are running apparently. If you are not okay with these rules I invite you to leave, because I am not running a game where the players are this disrespectful to the GM and I don't want to encourage a chat culture that thinks that something like that is okay.

8. Double A

Double A wak

what if I'm not okay with these rules because there's a need for them to exist in the first place

9. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

you will be relieved by the fact that the GM shares your opinion

10. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

OOC

I hope this isn't inspired by my stance on game design. :/

11. Decamper

Decamper ..!

Not sure if I'm okay with this. I get being an arse to GM's is the worst, but are we not allowed to complain or point out game design issues? I feel like that's a pretty integral part of developing forum games, given how ad-hoc rule sets are by default.

12. NinjaCow64

People are allowed to discuss rules with the GM if you do it respectfully.

13. JamesCaesar

JamesCaesar Professional McCartney-aboo

14. Tolina

The purpose of this rule isn't to discourage reasonable criticisms of the game rules/design/lore, but rather to prevent low-effort and outright disrespectful comments within chat. You can imagine the examples of the latter on your own.

15. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Grantaire

I contacted Tyo about this and we came to an agreement over XIX, but I'm not sure you'd be able to do the same thing as us on warnings/bannings because you want to award points for stuff that happens off-board.

16. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama :)

Unfortunately at this time, I am dropping this game. My apologies, I do think it's a great setting and I may look to jump in later :)

17. Tolina

You won't mind, however, if we use your nation as a NPC, yes?

18. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama :)

Not at all, go for it

19. NinjaCow64

@Crezth: Is your capital named Azkarthame or just Azkarth? It says different things in the stats.

20. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

As per Tolni's location, my NPC City locations, names, and etc.

Cities of the Bureaucracy: Capital city of Apis, managed by Manager Jael Dumat.

Peninsular city of Serpentine, managed by Manager Karl Thamad.

Mountain Fortress-City of Aquiline, managed by Manager Liamad Pentagat.

......................................................................................................

The Dominion of the Wilderness

Capital City of Gerheld

Easternmost city of Saugatuck

Westernmost City of Raven Falls.

Governor of Gerheld: Lord Lucens.

Raven Falls: Lord Lupus

Saugatuck: The Merciless Mayor.

The Iron Republic

Capital of Iron Port

Western City: Towers of Brass

Eastern border city with the Iridescent Kingdom: Fort Carnelia.

Mayors:

Mayor of Ironport: Sinning Jenny

Mayor of Fort Carnelia: World-Weary Truth Seeker

Mayor of Towers of Brass: The Exuberant Observer.