1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Are annexations a thing of the past?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RedRalph, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Annex

Annex Tyranny and Mutation

I for one dont want to see my race go extinct. But if we cant adapt to the times, Darwin says we die off...

Santa's workshop duh

2. Racsoviale

Racsoviale Smoke me a kipper!

3. NedimNapoleon

NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

I think its impossible to effectively annex a major province or a complete nation. Nationalism, people would revolt and it would become to expensive (militarily and economically), see East Timor.

4. innonimatu

innonimatu Warlord

Nah, it can work. Indonesia still got away with annexing half of New Guinea. And East Timor, for example, was very profitable for many people in the indonesian military. They'd still have it but for a diplomatic mistake (admitting a referendum; but was a mistake, or a deliberate part of the power game around the army in post-Suharto Indonesia?) and the timing of the asian financial crisis of 1998.

5. NedimNapoleon

NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

True, it may still be possible to annex small provinces and countries, especially those with the same ethnic structure as your nation, but whole countries and major provinces with a different ethnic structure is nearly impossible, you can annex it but will it be worth it?