Are you Bigoted toward new posters?

Dezzilisk

THIS GUY.
Have you ever skipped over/past what someone has had to say in a thread because they were a newer member (eg. Not well known or with little activity in the forum)?

This also applys if you give posters whom you know/have been around longer more attention than others.

If so, can you explain why?

Absolutely. New posters in general suck.

@bill

It's true. Like new movies and new music, I'm not willing to sift through the garbage. I'll check out the occasional noteworthy but mostly sticking with the classics is where the value is at.

Yeah generally new people have no idea what they're doing. I know I didn't back when I started.

Absolutely, in most topics I don't care what most people say. I generally skim to posters who I know have a strong chance of making entertaining posts leaving out everyone else.

Actually, I'm a bit more bigoted towards posters with large post counts.

New posters get a blank slate from me.

If you've been on here for a while, I have probably figured out our what kind of a person you are, what sorts of things you like, what sorts of things turn you on, what you do for a living, etc. With all that information, it is easy to be biased.... and as we know, bias leads to anger, anger leads to the dark side, and the dark side always leads to bigotism.

@bill

It's true. Like new movies and new music, I'm not willing to sift through the garbage. I'll check out the occasional noteworthy but mostly sticking with the classics is where the value is at.

Shouldnt it depend more on the poster themselves then how long they have been registered/posting?

By that same explanation shouldn't most of the 'veteran' posters in this forum not write anything worth looking at either?

If they have an avatar, I never bother to look at their post count / join date unless it is brought up. I occasionally skip the posts of the avatarless, because they aren't worth keeping track of.

Suppose some people think because they have 'perserveered' that they should get to lord over people, which is generally true, just not well received by noobs

Scum need to learn to mind their betters.

Top Bottom