Armoured Warfare around the World

Well like Israel this has come as a surprise to me so even if I wanted to do an armoured pack it would be months before anything is produced. I have already over 75 models related to the IDF and this is not me doing any hunting for models so at the moment I would be doubtful I am going to get around to doing anything.
I understand. This caught everyone by surprise. It was just a suggestion. When it comes to Israel, I am a bit hard-nosed as I am part Jewish. Relatives in The Netherlands went missing during World War 2. We suspect to the death camps.

By the way, in the future it would be good to make units for Ethiopia - both for an epic game and for possible mods about the local civil war.

So there some news about Russia-Ukraine war military vehicles (no, that is not a request or something but things that just rise up from the depths of military vids across the net). They bang my head.
1) The BTR-90 prototype? At least one unit spotted this week. They are accepted by Russian Army but never produced. Only some prototypes were completed.
R_EKxnAvUq8.jpg

2) The BTR-50 With and without ZU-23-2, taken from reserves and remade for cargo and/or anti-drones duties for russian side. They are ultimately phased out by both sides of conflict and obsolete. Not so many info about these ones but htey surely are there as their old friends, T-54\55\62.
photo_2023-04-13_10-58-52.jpg

photo_2023-05-12_03-44-07.jpg

3) BTR-70 taken from reserves and going to restore in numbers. Looks like they are phased out by russian side from military ranks and replaced by BTR-80 and 82 until these days.
1697220989312.png

@MadGAD Thanks for the update I will keep them in mind for when another Ukrainian update is needed.
@Node60 + @Lionic All I have for Ethiopia is a T-55A and M-41 camo.
@timerover51 I have been thinking a lot about an IDF update but I think I will wait to do it when I have more time. For now I think I will focus on unit update that I can complete in time for X-mas.

@MadGAD Thanks for the update I will keep them in mind for when another Ukrainian update is needed.
@Node60 + @Lionic All I have for Ethiopia is a T-55A and M-41 camo.
@timerover51 I have been thinking a lot about an IDF update but I think I will wait to do it when I have more time. For now I think I will focus on unit update that I can complete in time for X-mas.
If there is one thing that I have learned over my many years of existence on this planet, is patience. Take your time and get it out when you are able too.

I just realized that I was not following you, Delta Strife. That omission has been corrected. I love your work. I just need to be brave enough to start adding your units.

People discuss another modification to BTR or BMP that has been spotted on the Ukrainian battlefield but check out what has been found:
People say that this is Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf.F2 (but on tracks of a modern BMP-2). Maybe it is from some monument, museum or private collection. I think that it is used as a decoy false target or something like that, but net is full of jokes about Leopard 1 shipments and NATO support.:spear:

In case this was a genuine Pz IV the best thing would have been to auction it among the collectors--and spend money on something else that would worth more than a decoy for Russian missile. During the period of 2014-2016 some Object-what's it name was spotted in Ukraine. It was one of the Cold War prototypes somewhere between T-72 and T-80 that was rushed into service. Cannot find any news of it at the moment but it did happen.

What I'm thinking about now is a some lack of units, of course there will be my dreams of tanks as I am kind of obsessed with them. Do you know any CivIII models for:
1) Switzerland Panzer 58, 61 or 68 ? They were kind of local but long-lived tanks. I use for them some old crappy looking tank model from early 2000s with round turret as placeholder. Anyway, a good-lokong old-school tank.
scale_2400.jpg

2) The real mass-produced early post-war soviet IS-4 heavy tank, successor of IS-2 and one of precessors of IS-8 (T-10). There were 258 of them produced, and even some survived till 1991 year (Far-East, on borders as immobile defence lines). And some of them are in museums for now. I use some old white-sh flat model of IS-3 from 2000s as a placeholder.
scale_1200.jpg

3) The good-looking and awesome working real tank-prototype for nuclear war! An Object 279, I never see anything like that for CivIII (Sci-fi units not count!). I use that beast on "The Day After: Cuban missile Crisis" game many years ago.
It IS alive for 2022 in museum.

4) The old-time, one of the relatives of IS-1, 2, 3, 4 and 8 - the glorous early post-war, too heavy and unsuccessful IS-7 tank with many HMGs around it's turret. Do someone know how to make a placeholder for it in-game? Maybe some look-like models?
maxresdefault3.jpg

Last edited:
What I'm thinking about now is a some lack of units, of course there will be tanks as I am kind of obsessed with them. Do you know any CivIII models for:
1) Switzerland Panzer 58, 61 or 68 ? They were kind of local but long-lived tanks. I use for them some old crappy looking tank model from early 2000s with round turret as placeholder. Anyway, a good-lokong old-school tank.
View attachment 676130

2) The real mass-produced early post-war soviet IS-4 heavy tank, successor of IS-2 and one of precessors of IS-8 (T-10). There were 258 of them produced, and even some survived till 1991 year (Far-East, on borders as immobile defence lines). And some of them are in museums for now. I use some old white-sh flat model of IS-3 from 2000s as a placeholder.
View attachment 676131

3) The good-looking and awesome working real tank-prototype for nuclear war! An Object 279, I never see anything like that for CivIII (Sci-fi units not count!). I use that beast on "The Day After: Cuban missile Crisis" game many years ago.
It IS alive for 2022 in museum.

4) The old-time, one of the relatives for IS-1, 2, 3, 4 and 8 - the glorous early post-war, too heavy and unsuccessful IS-7 tank with many HMGs aroun turret. Do someone know how to replace it in-game? Maybe some look-like models?
View attachment 676132
A nice series of heavy tanks.

West would need it's own prototypes in such case...
...Or TOW Jeep;
Well, west TOW jeeps are already in database for download - but they are only three TOW Humvee (Woodland, Desert and Green camos) and at least two M901's (M113 with ATGM). Another AT light vehicles for west and third world countries would be nice too.
About prototypes - there are some Pershings include Superpershing one, and other mid-WW2 to 50s versions, and some other tanks. Yes, it would be interesting to view things such as Leopard 1A6 protorype (upgunned to 120mm), MBT-70 or that nuclear tank of USA which resembles a water drops (Chrysler TV-8).
Oh, and do someone see a unit for CivIII of Vickers MBT tank? It looks like improved Centurion but not enough to be a Chieftan.

The U.S. did field a small number of M103 heavy tanks with a 120mm gun, which had separate loading ammunition which complicated the loading process. It did have its problems.

A heavy tank line is certainly viable in our game. Of course depends on time because by the 1960's the idea is being phased out. I think most WWI tanks could be considered heavy tanks and you see most nations moving away from super heavy tanks and into smaller lighter more capable tanks like the FT-17, although Germany still had some crazy large tank designs and this trend we can see emerge again during the interwar period and WWII. So:
America would be Mark VIII Liberty -> M6 -> Various T series 29-34 -> M103
France St Chamond or Schneider CA1 -> Char 2C -> FCM F1 -> ARL-44? or FCM 50T maybe
Germany A7V -> Großtraktor -> Neubaufahrzeuge -> Tiger I -> Tiger II -> Cold War? E100 or Maus I guess
Britain Mark I-VII -> Vickers A1E1 Independent -> Tog II -> Conqueror
Russia Tsar? or perhaps a better choice Mendeleev Tank -> T-35 -> SMK -> Pick your IS series
Japan Type 91, Type 95 Ro-Go, Type O-I or Type 5 Chi-Se, Cold War?
Italy Fiat 2000 and then?
Sweden Morgårdshammar Tank Program -> Tiger II(Yes they bought one for testing) -> Emil

Top Bottom