1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Bulgarian

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tolina, Jun 22, 2014.

1. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

I thought that Greece was close to over taking Bulgaria in 2016 :mischief:
    Had no idea that Bulgaria was so unhappy though, but it is quite a poor country and its been trying to get into the EU for some time now. Probably didnt help that the EU sanctions and RU retaliation have put a damper on the economy

2. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

I'm sure you know of the wonderful Bertrand Russell, but he's not remembered primarily as a mathematician or historian.

Kyriakos likes this.
  3. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

Yes, it would be like referring to Zhirinovsky sound-bites as "political philosophy".

I know what you mean. The way you expressed it suggests that a stellar diplomatic career awaits you. ;)

4. NikeBG

NikeBG Chieftain

Gadulka - Atanas Valchev, Mihail Marinov, Mincho Nedyalkov
    Tambura - Rumen Sirakov
    Btw, in regards to the bagpipes, I've forgotten Stefan Zahmanov. And I've also discovered I don't particularly like solo bagpipes (for too long, at least), but find them to be a pretty good accompanying instrument, even in the epic cases when it's accompanying other bagpipes.

Otherwise, I'm only researching (for M2TW and M&B mods) - others are doing the heavy lifting. ;)

Nah, Greece still has quite a way down to reach us.
    As for the unhappiness: I'm not sure if it's in any way connected to poorness and finances - some of the happier countries in those rankings were quite poorer than us (though it certainly wouldn't hurt to be Danish, of course). I have no real idea what the real cause may be, so I tend to just blame it on communism, which did produce quite a substantial shift in the national psyche (and not for the better).
    Btw, we've been in the EU for 10 years and 3 days now - it's Schengen that we're trying to get into.

5. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

We Australians also appreciate an epic bagpipe solo...

It served its purpose as a counter to fascism, then authoritarian creeps in several countries eventually took control and distorted it beyond recognition.

NikeBG likes this.
  6. NikeBG

NikeBG Chieftain

I don't know if it's because I'm just used to our own bagpipes or it's something in the construction of the instrument, but I find Scottish bagpipes easier to listen to. And if it goes with AC/DC, it's a real pleasure.

Ferocitus likes this.
  7. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

That's because Scottish bagpipes are awesome.

I'll have to enqueue all of the above and issue some comments.

8. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老仁森林

9. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

I believe Tolni was recently complaining about wasted ballots, maybe he could explain further…