Ask a Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are the Russians going to crack down on serious internet criminals in their own country?

Some questions of mine.

What is the general stance of the Russians on nations (and peoples) of the Baltic States and Finland? The most common opinion that I've gotten, when talking face to face, is that all four nations (And their peoples) belong to Russia. But is that really the overall opinion?

How is history taught is Russia, with regards to neighboring peoples and nations? (Mostly intrested in the direction of Finland and the Baltic States.)

I agree with Reno, I would like to know how History is taught in Russia. And how exagerrated World War 2 is. ;)

History now paints a very postively about how RUssia has always been Feminist and taking saying that in the old days these were not problems of that time
The Main focus is on the Swedish-Russian Wars and that includes the tug of war thatw as Finland anf the Baltic States
secondly another big thing was the History of the Russian Church
The Woman's Army
And Early Viking/Byzantium Roots

In the Finish Direction hostory is taught about how big an Influence Russian Culture has had on development of Finland and Baltics states
This usually is teaching about where Russian Culture has affected people

In the Finish Direction hostory is taught about how big an Influence Russian Culture has had on development of Finland and Baltics states

Apart from some loan words, I can't really see how Russian culture has effected the Finnish one at all. Since the major influences have always been coming in from Sweden, right until the early 19th century.

Well I should use something else other then big but "what" effect it had, it mostly deals with the Swedish-Russin Wars

What about Ukraine? Do Russians still see Ukraine as a sister state, or a separate country with its own identity?

Allright guys I will get down to the rest of your questions tomorrow.

Lotus49 said:
When are the Russians going to crack down on serious internet criminals in their own country?

I do not know of any
But then again I do belive that there is no Crime in the Internet as it is simply a way to Transport Culture.
But one Criminial is the Pirate Bay
It is Swedish Company but is Legal in Sweden, and has (Not sure what but things in Russia as well)
But Sweden did Crack down on them since the pirate Bay was Raided even if they were Legal, so I do not agree with that
But it's Russian Assets are untouched
SO there will not be a Crack Dwon on Interent Criminals, unless they want to Raid a Legal Company

Tekee you did not answer my PM yet.

Thorvald of Lym said:
What about Ukraine? Do Russians still see Ukraine as a sister state, or a separate country with its own identity?
Personally, as a Russian, we'll start treating Ukraine and the other states as adults when they finally grow up and stop acting like children. That's just my opinion, but I'm sure it's shared by many.

rmsharpe said:
What happened to those token African students that the USSR used to indoctrinate? Are they all back in their respective homelands, or are some of them still in Russia?
They are still in Russia; sometimes I am surprized to see a black man amongst Russians, speaking native Russian. They are a topic of much concern amongst Russian citizens.

Maybe its already been asked, but was Stalin's Great Purge simply Western propaganda or did the murder and displacement of hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian/Russian peasants and farmers really take place?

hi thank you for your intresting topic
I`m from Iran and our countries have a long relation
I wanna to ask
how poeple pf Russia think about Iran and iranians?
I think many iranians live in Russia (respect to other countries)
Iranian TV some time show some Russians learning Persian or Farsi,
is it true and poeple like to learn persian?
thank you very much for you time and effort.

2 PersianBoy: hmm... don't know about Russians learning Farsi, but from 2005 till now I see more Iranians fruits in Russians markets than before. I think Iran & India will be our allies in SCO. I also think Russia and China won't let some western states to use forces against Iran.

Whomp said:
What makes me curious is if it works here why can't it work there?
Have you travelled through much of the country? Where would you go if you were a tourist?
Well I believe it does work there. I think we have certainly the largest number of new millionaries this past decade.
Me, personaly, I've traveled North right until Finland and South-East until mid-Volga river. So I would say that my home traveling experience is not that great, but still not bad considering the size of the country.
I've been to a lot of interesting places and yet there's simpy too much to see. If I were to travel again I'd certainly visit a lot more monasteries up North (such as Kiji and to the East, beyond Urals to see what life is there. Trans-Siberian railway would certainly be my second choice after going up North.

Gelion said:
Well I believe it does work there. I think we have certainly the largest number of new millionaries this past decade.
Me, personaly, I've traveled North right until Finland.
Yay Finland! I live next to it :mischief:
and yes there is still relations with the Former Satilettes and there is alot of Irainian and Aberjikstan Products on Grocery:goodjob:
And what's a PM?

Private message.....I sent you one a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom