• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

August 3rd - Consolidated information thread.

Nan Modol is a cultured city state.

Wonders:
Petra
Alhambra (1:13:42):
+1 military slot
Provides the same defensive bonuses as the Fort improvement. Must be built on Hills adjacent to an encampment District

+2 Amenity from entertainment
+1 Great General point per turn

Great people (43:33):
Æthelflæd (Medieval)(General):
-Provides +5 comabt strength to Medieval and Renaissance land units within 2 tiles.
-Instantly creates a Knight unit.
Bi Sheng (Medieval)(Eng) : Lets the city build one more district than the population limit allows. Tiggers the Eureka moment for the Printing technology.
Songtsen Gampo (Medieval)(Prophet)
Homer (Writer): Illiad, Odyssey
Andrei Rublev (Renaissance)(Artist): Annunciation (Religious), Saviour in Glory (Religious), Ascension (Religious)
Antonio Vivaldi (Industrial)(Musician): Four Seasons: Winter, La Notte Concerto

source: Arumba video

In Marbozir's video we can see him discover a new continent on a pangae map by moving the scout very early across the land. :p It doesn't appear to look much different so far.

If you look at the Polygon vid around 22 min, the area southeast of Rio is the continent Pannotia, whilst north west of it is Antarctica, and north east is Zealandia, even though they are a contingious landmass. So the "continent" bonuses are confirmed to apply to Pangaeas.

It's hard to tell if this just happens to be the corner point of 3 large continents meeting or if continents cover a much smaller area than I imagined :think:

Lisbon.

Huh.

Lisbon.

You know, when it was revealed that each City-State had its own unique bonus, I worried that meant that individual City-States would be considered irreplaceable. In Civ V there were a number of City-States that were upgraded to full-fledged civs in later expansions or DLC, and I was concerned that such an option might be off the table when extra thought would have to go into deciding what unique bonus would be appropriate for every specific City-State. So the early appearance of Hattusa, for example, meant that the Hittites would never be a Civ VI civ.

But if they're making Lisbon a City-State again? In a game whose whole aesthetic is designed around the Age of Exploration, and which includes Brazil as a civ in the initial release? I really can't see them locking Portugal into being a mere City-State for the entire development cycle of the game. Sooner or later, they will make a Portuguese civ, and the City-State of Lisbon will be renamed or replaced by a new City-State with a new bonus. I'll eat my own shoes if they announce Civ VII without ever having done that.

Small hope for the obscure Hittites, I know; they've only appeared in one game, and that was a long time ago. Still, the appearance of Lisbon gives me hope that, contrary to my early concerns, upgrading City-States to full civs is not off the table even with their unique bonuses.

Catherine's Agenda is called Black Queen and her ability is called Catherine's Flying Squadron (the espionage bonus is providing an additional level of Diplomatic Visibility to other civs)

What does Black Queen consist of? What is diplomatic visibility?

Open Borders from the beginning of the game; civic required to kick people out of your borders.

Lisbon.

Huh.

Lisbon.

You know, when it was revealed that each City-State had its own unique bonus, I worried that meant that individual City-States would be considered irreplaceable. In Civ V there were a number of City-States that were upgraded to full-fledged civs in later expansions or DLC, and I was concerned that such an option might be off the table when extra thought would have to go into deciding what unique bonus would be appropriate for every specific City-State. So the early appearance of Hattusa, for example, meant that the Hittites would never be a Civ VI civ.

But if they're making Lisbon a City-State again? In a game whose whole aesthetic is designed around the Age of Exploration, and which includes Brazil as a civ in the initial release? I really can't see them locking Portugal into being a mere City-State for the entire development cycle of the game. Sooner or later, they will make a Portuguese civ, and the City-State of Lisbon will be renamed or replaced by a new City-State with a new bonus. I'll eat my own shoes if they announce Civ VII without ever having done that.

Small hope for the obscure Hittites, I know; they've only appeared in one game, and that was a long time ago. Still, the appearance of Lisbon gives me hope that, contrary to my early concerns, upgrading City-States to full civs is not off the table even with their unique bonuses.

I wonder if they would just replace Lisbon from the CS pool once they get Portugal released. It would be a damn shame to not have Portugal in the base game/ early expansions. And as mentioned, having Brazil in without Portugal is just... odd.

Siege tower lets melee units ignore walls to immediately sack the city.

If you can't tell, it's like Christmas in August right now with some of these vids.

TerraCotta Army (Wonder)
Grants 1 promotion to all existing land units and archaeologists can enter foreign lands without open borders. Must be built on grasslands or plains adjacent to an encampment district with a barrack or stable. +2 Great General points per turn.

Can't tell since I saw it in the tech tree with tooltip, not in game yet. Should be an upcoming video with it.

Another great person not mentioned in this thread:

Artemisia (Classical Admiral):
- Provides +5 Combat strength to Classical and Medieval naval units within 2 tiles.
- Grants 1 promotion level to a military naval unit.

29:28

Science victory conditions:

- Launch a satellite
- Land a human on the Moon
- Establish a Martian Colony

Culture victory:

You must attract more visiting tourists to your civilization than any other civilization has domestic tourists at home.

Top Bottom