1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Summer Patch discussion thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Cerilis, Feb 23, 2017.

1. hongyu20

hongyu20 Chieftain

Thanks a lot , wasn't sure before

DWilson likes this.
  2. hongyu20

hongyu20 Chieftain

If you use Australia , create a 1 pop city , sell it to the AI , and take it back with force , it will not count as liberation right ?

3. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

liberation is for conquered city state or cities of other civs, I think.

4. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

Cities of other civs you have to liberate, doesn't count if you keep the city.

sonicmyst likes this.
  5. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

I thought that is what it meant, but AT barbs? There are AT barbs? Wow.

6. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Late game yeah.

7. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Emperor

Does anyone know what the animals are in the banners for the Outback Tycoon scenario?

Queensland is clearly a Koala
    South Australia is clearly a Wombat

But I'm not quite sure that the cat-like creature with a tail is for Victoria
    Or the strange creature for Western Australia

It's a shame that icon for Australia in the normal game is a rather ugly kangaroo. The Koala, Wombat, and cat-like creature are all much cuter than the kangaroo!!!

8. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I settle a city on Uranium and 3.... 3 Anti Tank barbs come and waste it
    And my science was not that fantastic ... Its hard enough dealing with AT barbs when you have redcoats.

9. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

I'm finding that the patch is ok but progress through techs is still way too fast. But as I think that as there are plenty of techs that can be added in the future I expect that this won't be really change until we get the first major expansion. As there are a lot of units that could be added as well I expect the expansion will be along a military theme and that is where we will see a lot more work done on AI combat in the latter eras.

nzcamel likes this.
  10. upi00r

upi00r Warlord

What are the chances to achive a non-domination victory on higher difficulties if you want to play peacefully (without rushing at least a few/several AI's cities at the very beginning of the game)? When I try this I end up with no space to settle my own cities and being surrounded by millions cities of AIs that were neutral/friendly first and then they crush me with a much better units by declaring joining wars in most cases...

11. Victoria

Well you have to build your military up to defend yourself. When someone attacks wife out their army and ask for an adjacent city to pay for their sins.

I get close civs 50% of the time and I get enough space for about 7-8 close cities other games

nzcamel likes this.
  12. pezit

pezit Chieftain

Saying I'm massively disappointed shows my own naivety but it is what it is, I was hoping firaxis would change and improve with time. I could list every bug and imbalance in the game but why even bother, it's obvious and yet it does not get fixed.

The hope is that our dear modders spend their free time and effort to fix the game, something that shouldn't be a necessity but a bonus, shame on firaxis.

13. 4N4C0ND4

4N4C0ND4 King

About the barb issues, can someone just post the next "impossible" start and see how others fare?
    Mind you that I've encountered starts that I found impossible for me, but they are frankly quite rare and most how them could have been handled better.

The only impossible over imho are when you are double ganged early by 2 close civ warriors.

nzcamel likes this.
  14. Victoria

Pre december japan took me out v early. I suspect its more just bad luck and pushing your luck by sending your barb too far

nzcamel likes this.
  15. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Is "wifing" out their army getting them all domesticated n under the thumb!? :whipped: :lol:

Victoria and Siptah like this.
  16. Victoria

17. butler77

butler77 Chieftain

I haven't noticed that they fixed the "Alert" option.

18. whyidie

whyidie Emperor

I've had similar results. I struggle to get more than 4 cities out. The need to defend against the coming DOW and not be able to take their cities means a fairly significant delay for me.

Things I think I can do better :

1) More compact settling habits - Since the changes to district overlap I started stretching my cities out as much as possible. On deity I think I need to settle for less space between cities in order to get more of them down.

2) Settle "fair" dirt - Similar to the above I'd become fairly choosy with my settling habits. I need to abandon optimal sites in favor of getting more cities down. Big indicator is the AI settling in gaps between my cities. On deity I should probably fill those gaps myself as there are no better options.

3) Get the science districts built earlier - I think I've been overvaluing early CH/IZ to the determent of science. Given a low number of starting cities the slingshot effect won't be as pronounced so if I have too large of a science gap to cover I'll never catch up.

4) Spies - Gotten in the habit of largely ignoring spies because they are a chore to manage, but on the higher levels I should be using them to sabotage key districts of the AI.

Tiger Genocide and nzcamel like this.
  19. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

This x1000000. If I am not an early aggressor, I cannot beat Emperor. If I am an early aggressor, then I walk all over the computer in Emperor. The difference is so stark.

20. Gengsikan

Gengsikan Chieftain

I want to know your strategy... I play on Deity and Barbs are annoying at the moment. Camps spawn at 2 tiles from any CIV and they come for you like a guided missile. This isn't difficult, just scripted game to force you to fail. Hey, lets cross all map and settle at side the human capital? Barbs act same way and this is very predictable and exploitative.

Tiger Genocide likes this.