Australian Summer Patch discussion thread

It doesn't bother me either though.

Please don't give the devs an excuse to keep this bug around forever. Imagine if a bunch of people openly said it doesn't bother them that the AI is incapable of attacking cities.

I see. I'm a game developer myself, so I get the analogy you were trying to make above about taking pride in your work. After three patches, it definitely should have been fixed.

I'm surprised people are going so far as to denounce the whole game and dev team because of it though. Heck, I've seen people on here saying they won't play again until it's fixed. Seems like a bit of an overreaction to me. We all have our buttons, I guess.

You make the point yourself, being a software developer myself I find it very unprofessional that they have left such an obvious bug unfixed after so much time when it seemingly would take hardly any time to fix. It's got to be the second most complained about issue with the game (behind the AIs complete ineptitude to mount an attack).

The game lacks so much polish, and this is one of the most glaring examples. Does it prevent anyone from playing the game? No, but it annoys me every game and I was falsely hoping I guess that this patch would finally fix it. Lets hope that a mod comes out for this quickly now that they have finally released modding tools.

Please don't give the devs an excuse to keep this bug around forever. Imagine if a bunch of people openly said it doesn't bother them that the AI is incapable of attacking cities.

Then I wouldn't approve. But I don't agree that all bugs are of equal severity, which is what you seem to be saying here.

Oh. I've never even noticed. Do a lot of players rely on it? Why is it such a big deal?

What's funny is that I have been playing civ6 since the game launched and never even knew this bug existed until I read about it on this forum. Apparently, I am not paying close enough attention to the UI when I am playing. I've been too focused on what I want the city to build next to ever notice the bug.

I see. I'm a game developer myself, so I get the analogy you were trying to make above about taking pride in your work. After three patches, it definitely should have been fixed.

I'm surprised people are going so far as to denounce the whole game and dev team because of it though. Heck, I've seen people on here saying they won't play again until it's fixed. Seems like a bit of an overreaction to me. We all have our buttons, I guess.

Well eg.: I am not denouncing the game, just cannot play it until it is not fixed. This is why I offered to pay $5 dollars for a “Last build bug fix” DLC instead of Australia. Note, I am thinking in build sequences, meaning I have a plan in what order I want to build improvements, this plan is broken by not being able to see my own previous decision unless tracking this in an excel sheet or whatever. I think those who play strategically and actually have a thought-out plan for city management would find this bug showstopper.

What's funny is that I have been playing civ6 since the game launched and never even knew this bug existed until I read about it on this forum. Apparently, I am not paying close enough attention to the UI when I am playing. I've been too focused on what I want the city to build next to ever notice the bug.
that is unbelievable that you hadn't noticed it for so long! that shows how people are different! but i am happy for you! :thumbsup: that is a positive approach) also i think the advantage is that the game is played faster when focusing only on the next thing) i should give it a try myself - and play more carefree) but a quick mod addressing this one thing would still be welcome.

"Added more bindable keys (Toggle Resource Icons, Toggle Tourism Lens, Alert action)."
But not Fortify Until Healed - what the hell Firaxis?!

The notes look... Weak. Where the hell are all the ui fixes that are needed? I think I'll skip trying the game again till the next patch.

"Added more bindable keys (Toggle Resource Icons, Toggle Tourism Lens, Alert action)."
But not Fortify Until Healed - what the hell Firaxis?!

I'm just glad we have Alert action. This annoyed me to death when it was finally added.

that is unbelievable that you hadn't noticed it for so long! that shows how people are different! but i am happy for you! :thumbsup: that is a positive approach) also i think the advantage is that the game is played faster when focusing only on the next thing) i should give it a try myself - and play more carefree) but a quick mod addressing this one thing would still be welcome.

Yeah, each player is different indeed. I tend to play each turn pretty quickly. For cities, I look at the production list and look at what is available and make a quick decision on what I think the next build should be based on production time and my overall strategy. If my strategy is to build up my army, I am going to scroll down to the unit list and pick the unit I need. If I am focusing on infrastructure, I am going to look at buildings/districts and pick the cheapest thing to build that makes sense. For districts, I tend to build the ones with the best adjacency bonuses. A lot of times, the choice is obvious to me. I look through the production list and maybe I see a city can build a workshop in 4 turns, I pick that. Or a city can build a library in 3 turns, ok, build that. If I have a lot of gold, I try to rush buy a building I know I need.

I suspect that there are probably a lot of bugs that I don't notice because of my play style. I keep seeing players post here about how horribly broken the game is, but I play and enjoy the game just fine. The only bug that really bothered me where the game was nearly unplayable, was when the game would auto cycle to the next unit. But luckily, the devs fixed that.

It's not a problem at the beginning of the game, but the more cities you get, especially after you start taking cities, the harder it is to remember what your 'plan' was for each city, and the long production times, also worse as the game proceeds, make it impossible to remember what you had in mind, and you have to stop and rethink everything again.

It's not a problem at the beginning of the game, but the more cities you get, especially after you start taking cities, the harder it is to remember what your 'plan' was for each city, and the long production times, also worse as the game proceeds, make it impossible to remember what you had in mind, and you have to stop and rethink everything again.

I tend to be able to tell what my plan was by what's available to build. So if I look and see that I can build a library, it probably means that I just finished a campus in the city. And if I can't immediately see based on what's available what I last built, then it's probably a decent enough time to re-evaluate my plan.

im confused. how am i getting a summer patch in winter? does this mean no more patches until next year? i dont understand...(develops headache and goes to lie down)

I tend to be able to tell what my plan was by what's available to build. So if I look and see that I can build a library, it probably means that I just finished a campus in the city. And if I can't immediately see based on what's available what I last built, then it's probably a decent enough time to re-evaluate my plan.

That's what hurts me, I just finished building buildings for a district, but I can't remember what district I just finished. I still have not mastered the 'district' strategy and it gets even harder the more cities I have. What is 'fun' at the beginning becomes a chore mid to late game.

Didn't see this in the Patch Notes: Swordsmen now have 40 Combat Strength (up from 35). So now there's an actual choice in the Classical Era whether you want Horsemen (4 movement points, slightly lower production cost) or Swordsmen (higher Strength, not weak to anti-cavalry). Interestingly, Ngao Mbeba and Legion are still at their original values, 35 and 40 respectively.

Oh. I've never even noticed. Do a lot of players rely on it? Why is it such a big deal?

I can't imagine someone not looking at this every single build... Must be the folks who only use a few cities...

It gives you an idea of where the city is in its development and what you want to build next.

To add to the annoyance, you inevitably are looking through the list for the building you built last turn and it isn't there. For example in a specific new city you want to build buildings A and B in order for your strategy for that city. You see A was built last turn so you look for B, and look for B. Damn that sloppy sew and sew crap. And then you have to go to the built building list to verify what all you have built. Everytime. If you have 40 cities, you have no hope.

Top Bottom