1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Summer Patch discussion thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Cerilis, Feb 23, 2017.

1. LDiCesare

LDiCesare Deity

No. Please don't tell me what I ought to do. AI should be at least half decent out of the box. The AI mods may not be compatible with the changes in the patch, for instance, so AI mods particularly this early when the game is expected to be patched often are not a solution.
    I already wasted my time once trying an AI patch that was simply not good enough, I'd rather play something else than try to have fun and fail again because the AI still can't take a city.
    That may mean anything, if anyone plays a game with this on, can they report if the AI will attack cities which have defenses?

2. tekjunkie28

tekjunkie28 Prince

Well if you look at it like this... the AI is "better" but it's gonna take awhile if ever. I mean how good is an AI really gonna be???? I would rather have an AI that okay or good all around rather then awesomesauce in one aspect.

They test for 2 weeks and they only had about 4 weeks to make the patch. They should have put more work into the AI rather the make a DLC. Another 4-6 months and the AI will be better.

I think the fact that the AI is more likely to friend you is a huge improvement to my games. I play 50/50 military and non military.

Siptah likes this.
  3. 2evster48

2evster48 Chieftain

How hard can this be!! Production completion still shows the item before last making it really difficult to manage multiple cities (for me at least!) Surely this is a relatively simple fix so come on Firaxis, sort it out!!!

4. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

This is one of example why i believe this company operates in a bubble. It's laughable when i read somewhere that they check out the forums or listen to community. They don't. At least not to a decent level.
    Here's another. I know it's not a big deal - but it's a kind of bug that proves they don't actually listen to community. How hard is to fix the tiny little annoying not even a bug - ESCaping from citizen screen into main menu - it's probably a line or two of code. From the start it was mentioned, i alone mentioned it at least 5 times at different places, but no, it can't get on the list, and it's 4 months after release.

Not to take anything from developers, great people and i wish them the best, but i don't see myself buying a Firaxis title ever again. Really underwhelming communication and feedback with community. I never experienced this with any other game community.

5. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

I can confirm that enemy AI is still terrible. However, CS and barb AI seems much better. Diplomatic AI is also hugely improved from what I could tell last night.

nzcamel likes this.
  6. bbufa

bbufa Warlord

Is Australia default location flat land? I restarted several times and usually spawn in flat land, almost no production until lumber mill/outback station unlocked @@

7. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Prince

Please give a link to such a mod.

8. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

Forgive my ignorance, but what is this 'last build bug' and why is it so egregious?

DWilson likes this.
  9. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

When finished production, instead of showing the actual last build object, the production window shows the second to last.

10. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

Oh. I've never even noticed. Do a lot of players rely on it? Why is it such a big deal?

KumaChan and DWilson like this.
  11. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Prince

that is when you press the "choose production" button and the "...completed" message shows the wrong item and not the virtually finished one in a city.

12. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Also, just to add to Cerilis' explanation, the reason it's so annoying, at least to me personally, is that its such a visible part of the interface and is apparently a very straightforward fix. It shows a lack of pride and polish from the devs in their product that it doesn't bother them that the bug exists. Kinda like if you went into a fancy restaurant with great food but your table was wonky and wobbled constantly - at least that's how I see it.:lol:

13. Cymsdale

Cymsdale Prince

Some of us like knowing what the city just built when picking a new thing to build. It's a big deal because it's a simple interface feature that should work, but doesn't.

14. Magil

Magil Monarch

I mean, I almost never look at it, but yes, it's quite annoying when part of the user interface is outright lying to the player.

15. drubell

drubell Prince

My favorite part about the patch notes is the implied apology in case people felt Australia was a questionable choice, "don't blame us if you didn't want Australia, it was the fans who wanted it!"

16. Gort

Gort Emperor

I assume it's a combination of it being highly visible and it feeling like it should be an easy fix. It doesn't bother me either though.

17. Timothy001

Timothy001 Prince

It usually works when building a district. It shows properly. I.e. I build a Commercial Hub, that's what it shows, but then I build a trader, it still shows last build as Commercial hub.

nzcamel likes this.
  18. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Well, to go into the specifics, its not so much that the last build alert is some randomly chosen thing, but its actually two steps backwards in the queue. If the commercial hub is the first thing you built in the city then it will display correctly.

Also, that makes it even more annoying IMO, as when you look at it you get confused and think 'but didn't I build that AGES ago?' and then loose track of where you are in your plan for developing said city

nzcamel and narmox like this.
  19. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

I see. I'm a game developer myself, so I get the analogy you were trying to make above about taking pride in your work. After three patches, it definitely should have been fixed.

I'm surprised people are going so far as to denounce the whole game and dev team because of it though. Heck, I've seen people on here saying they won't play again until it's fixed. Seems like a bit of an overreaction to me. We all have our buttons, I guess.

KumaChan, nzcamel, DWilson and 2 others like this.
  20. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Well yeah, that is a bit far. It just makes me think a little less of Firaxis, not want to stop playing the game. In fact, continuing the analogy from before, I guess I'd eat the food, but not leave a tip. :D