1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Summer Patch discussion thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Cerilis, Feb 23, 2017.

1. andreafin

andreafin Prince

AH! now i get it. ty!

KumaChan and Noble Zarkon like this.
  2. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

I play the exact same way as you. I guess some of the devs do too. If you have 40 cities, you've pretty much already won. There's no need to follow a plan for each. Gold becoming an issue? Build gold buildings. Production low in a region? Build an IZ. I don't premeditate many of my buildings beyond my 3-4 core cities.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  3. LDiCesare

LDiCesare Deity

Thanks a lot. Still a no play for me, then.

No.It's an information I'm totally uninterested in. I'm interested in what I can build now, and the list tends to be small enough. I would like a build queue, however. I want to see what I can build next, and, since I don't have a single prod queue for all cities, knowing what I just built gives me no useful information. I need to see on the one hand what has been built (when does not matter) and on the other hand what I can build. What I just built I don't care. But if they decide to show it, they shoudl show it right.

4. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Yeah, l will just say that I play this game a lot, and often with over 20 cities (sometimes in the area of 40), and have never had any issues with this bug. It's so unapparent to me that I never remember what it actually is when mentioned here until it is explained.

While clearly it is a problem for some here, I can't help but think that most random users never notice, and so it doesn't effect many people in the scheme of things. As a result, it's probably not a priority for Firaxis- tbh, I'm not sure they even list the problem on their agenda, and wouldn't be surprised if it's not.

Hopefully they fix it, but I don't think it's a big enugh issue for it to be a negative showing on their behalf not to address it.

steve_indy and Tiger Genocide like this.
  5. godeater

godeater Chieftain

Wait, what? Rome's UU just got a lot less impressive by comparison.

6. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Yeah, that can't be intentional. There's no way they would make the baseline unit as strong, or even stronger, than the UU's.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  7. bbbt

bbbt Deity

For the last produced bug - another distinct possibility is that they've held it to fix it with other parts of that particular codebase - I.e. say implementing the production queue.

I'm more mystified that restart button/saving last played settings hasn't been implemented yet (as they'd go together), as it's a visible complaint. Though I wonder if the devs are holding out as they are slightly philosophical opposed to the whole 'reroll til you get a good start approach' ;)

Tiger Genocide and nzcamel like this.
  8. whyidie

whyidie Emperor

Thats my hope. Like others I'm able to overlook the last built bug even with many cities, a build queue on the other hand would be very helpful.

9. View619

View619 Warlord

Legions don't require iron and come with additional perks. So, buffing baseline swordsmen up to the same strength doesn't mean Legions weren't considered.

Tiger Genocide and nzcamel like this.
  10. Silvtown

Silvtown Chieftain

Two quick questions since I won't be able to play until tomorrow:
    1. Are early rushes harder? There has been talk of more archers and quicker walls.
    2. Did they fix the bug where AIs won't repair spaceport districts?

11. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

I build massive empires and I have never noticed it. Geographically I know what/where development is for a city. It isn't like the building lists are so massive you can't easily see them, especially since so many are behind a wall, for instance you can't build a bank without market or CD so they don't even exist for those cities. I understand why I guess it should be there, I mean I always assumed it was, but it is a non-factor for me as a tool.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  12. ggalindo001

ggalindo001 Warlord

#2 is the huge one in my mind. That and the AI being able to functionally attack a walled city. Still offline, so haven't applied the patch, but have saved a game where a spaceport has been sabotaged and once back "online", will see if they do it.

To me, the inability for the AI to not repair a spaceport is very game breaking. I have got to the point now with spies that I do not damage any districts, because it is overly crippling to the AI, but other AI will do that. In one game, I literally "stole" a space victory -- Germany was down to launching the last Mars vehicle, and then someone damaged their spaceport, and that was it. I was able to overtake them and win.

13. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

Saving start settings took a long while to get in Civ V too. I don't think it was implemented until BNW if I remember right.

14. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

So, being able to lower the number of CS's should help address the small and generally congested nature of maps.

15. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Been playing deity as vicky. Findings as follows

I'll still use harbours and CZ, the money is great still. River + harbour + city is still +5 gold. Extra routes were a bit much anyway.
    Barb camps spawning more units by the looks, a bit more aggro but yeah we are used to that, bring it on.
    Forward settled arabia into a corner, twice they threw a cavalryman at my walls without a seige engine in site but just attacked once each time. Certainly seem to be trying harder. But not with more wile.
    Diplomacy modifiers seem not to have changed but getting along better than normal
    Certainly archers and walls came up early, I had a mountain range with arabia at bottleneck and India at the other end over hills so played a cool start.
    Just warming up sea dogs, lets see if they have had the decency

16. CivCube

CivCube Feelin' defiant.

Shocking.

I'll be curious to see if they're functional.

PYITE likes this.
  17. MosheLevi

MosheLevi Prince

Any feedback about the AI?

Is the AI training enough army units to defend itself?

Is the AI's units the latest units or obsolete units?

Does the AI attack with large armies when it declares war? or does it stay passive and doesn't attack?

Is the AI training siege units and using them to conquer cities?

18. ThERat

ThERat Deity

Playing a quick AW game without barbarians. The AI is still not really capable of defending much. However, they seem to attack the slingers a little more targeted.

What I cannot tolerate are the UI issues that have not been worked on at all. Besides the last build, why did nobody address the obvious overlap issues of windows, the really annoying bug that there is a tickbox for tech display (upper left corner), but it has only an effect for the current turn. The very next turn, both windows pop up yet again covering some portion of the screen. Is it that difficult to program this? :wallbash:

With a third patch now, I think we can tell what are the priorities of Firaxis.

* I am sure that swordman strength buff without adjusting values for Legions is simply sloppy. :nono:

Ron West likes this.
  19. Skulbow

Skulbow The Lonely Cyclist

CQUI mod which is a game changer with regard to the game's User Interface, build queue, trade view, city view and info...try it and you will not play without it.

KyivanRusCivPlease likes this.
  20. TheGrumpyBuddha

TheGrumpyBuddha King

True Earth Start with Cleopatra, the computer put me literally right next to Saladin, who insta-settled, of course. That's some great playtesting there, guys.

nzcamel likes this.