Bad City Placement

Right.

Spoiler :

They used not to like the north at all, now they like it too much...

Because I got that bug where civilizations switch colours and I didn't bother to fix it (I actually like it this way).

AI city placement is so bad that I belive that until fixed, the penalty for razing cities should go away. I've just finished a game as America where most of my cities where junk cities in the carribeans/quebec/husdon bay. While the carribean cities can be redeemed, there's nothing that can be done with the tundra cities. Since I could not raze so many cities and keep a decent stability, I ended up bloating up pushing for 25 ASAP and then liberating them to random civs that would take them, preferably score leaders that had bad stability. What's more, even in the hands of AIs, a lot of these cities (desert, tundra) can never become profitable so it's hurting the AIs too.

On both of those it is rather typical. What is more surprising is the Buddhism.

Viking city placement is quite good in the beginning=Ragnar (Oslo, Stockholm, Nidaros/Trondheim, Umea), but after those are founded=Gustav Adolph, they are kind of spamming settlers and crowd the North with useless, narrow city placement.

I think Oasis should not count as fresh water anymore to prevent AI settling city in the middle of bare desert because there's oasis next to it.

Also, perhaps, number of city limits?

Peter, why?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 462
Peter? There is no Peter. He should be a leader that appears roughly post-Mongol since there isn't an Ivan in-game.

Also, notice how good production both cities are getting despite being two tiles apart.

Spain seems to always found "Leon" in my games... it's east of Santiago, (one east and two north of Lisbon), non-coastal, and just an altogether terrible city.

The AI loves Nikolaev for some reason. I've seen Poland found it a couple of times too.

Europe is so lush, that it doesn't really matter. I deliberately founded Berlin and Warshau and grew both into major population and industrial centres.

America, Africa and Asia is less excusable.

Funnily enough, the worst placement I have seen was actually by me. Right on the very tip of Somalia there. That's right, I founded Dardura. I have no idea why I did it, but the scary thing is, it paid off. (I had never actually faced impi warriors before... Dardura allowed me to rise from the ashes.)

Top Bottom