Bad City Placement

Bergen was in 大航海時代II so I'm pretty glad to see it founded.

Sorry I thought they're Kanji and you might have played the game before. :( Seems not. I'm very poor at geography and history and I actually learned quite a few things from that game :D and of course this one.

Ragnar loves these isolated mountain cities that would be better under Huayna don'tcha think?
He will not rest until he's got the Volcano Eruption Random Event.

They are! I'm Chinese too, but just don't put the effort into learning how to read enough.
Don't bother. Kanji/Hanzi are not worth the effort of learning, unless you really like Classical Chinese literature. For modern day-to-day use it's nothing but a sentimental relic and impediment against progress.

Shame that we didn't have a visionary leader like Atatürk to alphabetize the Chinese language. Well, Dr Sun Yat-sen might have done it, but he died too early.

Bergen was in 大航海時代II so I'm pretty glad to see it founded.

Who cares about the game Big Navigation Era II? (Okay, Age of Discovery.)

By the way, if you write in non-English you have to have a translation in the post.

Who cares about the game Big Navigation Era II? (Okay, Age of Discovery.)

By the way, if you write in non-English you have to have a translation in the post.

Right, I should've. Its English name is Uncharted Waters: NEW HORIZONS, actually I never knew that.

Bismarck companies present you: Essen!

Nevermind
(Cant delete the post again, too stupid to figure out how :p )

Bismarck companies present you: Essen!
How is this even possible. How can you look at this worthless piece of desert and think "welp there is a 2/0/1 oasis in this foreign core area so here goes another city I guess" and then build an aqueduct to nowhere. I thought Rhye's settler maps were designed to prevent such nonsense from happening, but sadly, when it comes to settling cities, the AI isn't just :smoke:, it's plain :run:

I understand you're happy you've survived the dog soldiers for once, Montezuma, but there is no need to start spamming worthless desert cities...

I'll just leave this here...

Charlemagne founded Aachen (Aix-la-Chapelle) but the other cities were Barbarossa's doing.
This game might yield the worst Prussia/German spawn of ALL time. Good luck Frederick/Bismarck!

This is by far the worst Europe I've seen ever. Taken right before I rage quit a game that took forty minutes to load!

boooooo

I understand that you come from a pure power point of view and consider it bad city placement (even though Lyon and Milan are auto-founded). I, however, really love the historical accuracy of this map.

Lyon, Milan, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Warschau etc are all major cities in today's Europe. So I think this map looks awesome !

Besides, lets face it, in the long run a less optimal city placement in Europe really doesn't matter.
You can win the game with Russia while settling the Sibarian tundra and any misplaced city in Europe is still so much better than your average Siberian tundra city! In fact I won a German Emperor game where I deliberately settled Hamburg, Frankfurt, Vienna, Berlin and Koenigsberg just for the historical fun of doing it.

Prussia is of course harder, but you can do it.

i get where your coming from but this is a game, and one in which I'd like my cities to be able to work more then 8 tiles. and if we're talking about the great cities of europe, then how does that work when their population, production, commerce etc is severely limited?

I'll just leave this here...

Charlemagne founded Aachen (Aix-la-Chapelle) but the other cities were Barbarossa's doing.
This game might yield the worst Prussia/German spawn of ALL time. Good luck Frederick/Bismarck!

but very same as the territory of prussia before WWI

Dresden would get erased on Prussia's spawn.

Top Bottom