• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Battlestar Galactica

Do you like the show?

• Yes, bloody brilliant

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Yes, but it's getting worse

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • It's average

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • No, not into Scifi

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Radioactive monkey

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters

WS78

Chill moan!
I've been watching this series for the past months now and I really like it.
But the last few episodes in season 3 are a little too concentrated on internal conflicts and it seems about time that the Cylons need to pop in.

What do you think of the franchise and it's newest incarnation?

I love it. It is one of the best shows on TV right now. A little more Viper action would be welcome though.

Bloody brilliant, but getting worse. Although I haven't actually seen the last three episodes, so mindful of potential spoilers I'm not going to return to this thread. :)

I think it started really great, but lately has been lacking. A lot.

Regarding S03E17,

Spoiler :
who else expects to see Starbuck download into a new body?

I agree with most. The show has been going downhill lately.

What it needs is more screen time for the Centurions and hottie Cylons !
And some action.

Very good but I missed the last series so I'm playing catch up.

I really like the series, but it varies tremendously.

Pretty much every time, the episode brings forward the main plot, the episode is great. But the filler episodes, which often focus on a pretty random subject often suck ("Epiphanies", "Black Market")

I disliked the first few episodes, then started to get really into it, when i began to understand the storyline. Lately, there hasn't been quite enough action, however.

I think it started really great, but lately has been lacking. A lot.

Regarding S03E17,

Spoiler :
who else expects to see Starbuck download into a new body?

Spoiler :
I'm sure Starbuck hasn't been removed from the series with this episode, so it suggests itself that she might be a Cylon. There isn't really an alternative, unless the story-writers cook something up especially for her.

It's good, but it's gotten kind of boring lately. We need more Cylon thumping! More fighting!

And of course the one night I miss an episode, it's Friday's. Darn it!

The entire problem with the series is that the whole New Caprica business was the climax of the series. Now everything feels like an overextended denouement (sp?).

It's good, but it's gotten kind of boring lately. We need more Cylon thumping! More fighting!

And of course the one night I miss an episode, it's Friday's. Darn it!

I Agree, it seems like they're trying to extend the series by adding episodes where nothing much happens, but they missed their chance to do this when the fleet was on New Caprica. They just skipped ahead through the entire settlement and occupation.

Spoiler :
I'm sure Starbuck hasn't been removed from the series with this episode, so it suggests itself that she might be a Cylon. There isn't really an alternative, unless the story-writers cook something up especially for her.

Spoiler :
If she is a Cylon wouldn't that negate most of her childhood as fiction, like Sharons was? And they made such a big deal out of it in the episode where she died that it seems unlikely to me.
Maybe she ejected at the last moment and the cylon ship she was chasing picked her up, or maybe she really is gone.

I Agree, it seems like they're trying to extend the series by adding episodes where nothing much happens, but they missed their chance to do this when the fleet was on New Caprica. They just skipped ahead through the entire settlement and occupation.

Spoiler :
If she is a Cylon wouldn't that negate most of her childhood as fiction, like Sharons was? And they made such a big deal out of it in the episode where she died that it seems unlikely to me.
Maybe she ejected at the last moment and the cylon ship she was chasing picked her up, or maybe she really is gone.

Spoiler :
I don't think she's gone for good. I can't find the link, but I think Ron said that episodes 16 and 19 would definitely impact Lee and Kara's relationship. But Friday's episode was episode 17. She might be a Cylon, but somehow I doubt it - aren't there enough blonde caucasian women Cylon's already? I dunno. If they do the Ships of Light thing, it'd better not be cheesy.

Spoiler :
I don't think she's gone for good. I can't find the link, but I think Ron said that episodes 16 and 19 would definitely impact Lee and Kara's relationship. But Friday's episode was episode 17. She might be a Cylon, but somehow I doubt it - aren't there enough blonde caucasian women Cylon's already? I dunno. If they do the Ships of Light thing, it'd better not be cheesy.

Spoiler :
Based on plot development and all the clues they've given it seems like she must be alive. The only way I can see her character being killed off is if the actress playing her left the show to do something else.

Spoiler :
Based on plot development and all the clues they've given it seems like she must be alive. The only way I can see her character being killed off is if the actress playing her left the show to do something else.
Spoiler :
I know. It seems like such a cop out to go on and on about her great destiny and then kill her. Somehow I doubt her great destiny is to die in the atmosphere of some gas giant. I don't know if she's a Cylon, but I'm fairly sure that she's alive. Of course, it'd be just like them to make us think that, and then have her stay dead, but I'm not seeing that.

So first two seasons, great.

2.5 episodes? Crappy. I don't want to watch a soap that's taking place in space, I want to watch a sci-fi show!

waiting for season3, crossing my fingers...

So first two seasons, great.

2.5 episodes? Crappy. I don't want to watch a soap that's taking place in space, I want to watch a sci-fi show!

waiting for season3, crossing my fingers...
The first part was certainly very good - be sure not to miss Exodus Part 1 and 2, they're great.

For me its bloody brilliant but were only on The Passage episode in the UK so i don't really know about the end of the series but i cant wait to see them. Regardless of whether it does go down hill or not its still the best series on TV at the moment everything else on is too similiar, BSG is unique.

I think its getting worse and worse,

Recently I saw a little bit of episode 3 (season 1) and I was reminded why I like this show, it was great.

It was constant dog fights, pilots going out and not returning, high drama!
The survival of the human race was at stake.

Now its all about "will that starbuck girl get it on with that appolo dude?", do I
give a crap? I barely gave a crap when it was all new, now its like friggin melrose place, every one has had sex with everyone else, and broken up at least 18 times.

Worthless.

PS. Will someone strangle that Baltar guy already? Ive been hoping for his death so long, that Im almost too tired to care anymore.

Top Bottom