Bergs execution was faked by the CIA

Another Question:

There has been a claim that the sound was out of sync. Was it out of sync by the same increment throught the whole video?

stratego said:
Another Question:

There has been a claim that the sound was out of sync. Was it out of sync by the same increment throught the whole video?

The sound goes out of sync when the beheading starts and stays out of sync through the rest of the clip.

Wow, pravada. What a credible source.

I expected better DP.

Speedo, I know, the Pravda source sucks, but I felt I had to give some kind of source for such an outlandish claim. Forget Pravda for the moment, just look at the video objectively with the points Ive raised in mind, and tell me it looks kosher.

Fine, PM me the link.

stratego said:
I watched the full video, which is like 5 and half minutes long. (most of it is just them ranting)

In the video I saw, the sound didn't "go out of sync" at the time of the beheading, instead, the sound started out in sync and slowly but steadily got ahead of the video, as is common in badly compressed videos. By the time the beheading occurred, (very end of the tape) the sound was several seconds out of sync. Anyone who’s ever downloaded...umm...recreational films from the internet is very familiar with the phenomenon.

I noticed something else.

When the video started the man sitting down was pretty motionless. So my first question was is that a living human being or just a doll? So I looked intently and watched for motion on him. He does move voluntarily. So that is a living human being.

So my next question was is this the same man who is being be-headed? Ummm... I cannot say. Because just before the beheading starts there is a huge violent motion in the video and the frames and completely filled with movement that does not allow you to see anything. So a theory that the man was replaced with something (another living man or doll) and then that something was beheaded cannot be disproved.

The last thing that i noticed was that the bunch of guys standing behind Berg looked pretty relaxed considering what they were about to do. One guy was shifting his weight from foot to foot. Simple body language tells me that guy is bored. Another changes his rifle from shoulder to shoulder and then shifts wieght. A third is looking this way or the other. Bored is hardly the state of mind you would be if you are about to behead another guy. But I could be wrong. Who knows? I can hardly imagine the frame of mind required to behead a man in the first place.

I am not taking any sides. I do not know whether that video is fake or not. It is just not a clear cut case.

Stratego ( EDIT: Uh, I mean Speedo) ok I sent you the link.

betazed, the video reeks of falsehood to me. Its just wrong in many subtle ways,that seperately, maybe can be dismmissed and explained away, but taken all together, undicate very strongly that its a fake.

Im willing to concede that its possible the hoax wasnt perpetrated by the CIA. But the fact is that the only people who benefit in any way from this video are the Pentagon, CIA and Military Intelligence.

Nicholas Berg's Death

Published: May 14, 2004

It's easy to say he should not have been in Iraq, but Nicholas Berg was a type familiar to all danger zones: an adventurous and naïve young man who was perhaps keen to do a bit of business, but keener yet to test himself; old enough to understand the danger, but young enough to defy it. It is impossible not to feel grief, and horror, at his terrible end.

The claim of this young American's murderers that they were retaliating for the mistreatment of Iraqi prisoners is a cruel ruse. They killed him out of the same madness that drove their comrades in Al Qaeda to slaughter thousands on Sept. 11, 2001. But this manipulative attempt to establish a moral equivalence between the gruesome execution of Mr. Berg and the torture of Iraqi prisoners is now being mimicked by some hard-core supporters of the American war in Iraq. They are cynically trying to use the images of Mr. Berg to wipe away the images of Abu Ghraib, turning the abhorrence for the murderers into an excuse for demonizing Arabs and Muslims, or for sanctioning their torture.

Mr. Berg's parents have legitimate questions for the United States government about how he came to be in Iraqi police custody immediately before his kidnapping, what happened to him there and what knowledge American officials had about his situation. The occupation authority needs to stop passing off those questions to the Iraqi police force, which does not exist other than as an agent of American power. The Berg family deserves answers so they can grieve for their son's death in peace.
taken from the NY Times.

Obviously the US government either has no explanation for what happened prior to Berg's kidnapping or they are trying to hide something.

Also have a look at this article (German):
http://www.heise.de/tp/deutsch/special/irak/17431/1.html

I have not watched the video, so I couln't tell.

The most likely explanation seems to me to be that it was AQ or some fans of AQ, and they bungled the propaganda video in some way, forcing them to stage it to some degree. Of course this still leaves the unexplained issues of Nick Berg's final days in Iraq. We'll probably never know the whole truth, but I think to jump to the conclusion that it was staged by the US is a jump too far with our limited knowledge.

I should say I still haven't watched the video. I downloaded it but decided against watching it. Maybe after my exams...

CurtSibling said:
He looked drugged or dead to me.

A CIA conspiracy would not surprise me, they have done far worse to 'protect' the US.

Hehe...not to get this off track, but remember when I said I wouldn't be surprised that the 'torture' videos were faked by someone?

Anyway, I watched this video a few days ago, and could not really see any detail. If someone has a clearer version of it, would they PM me the link?

I'm surprised every time I come in here - - today is no exception. I find a bunch of lily-livered computer nerds dismissing the beheading of this poor man from behind the safety of their monitors. So the CIA faked it, huh? That's the story in the halls of the loony bin? I suppose the headless body shipped back to Pennsylvania was a mannequin? The family buried a piece of plastic courtesy of the CIA? You guys are something else - - rather than seeing what we’re up against, you again place the blame on the Americans who are only shield between us and them. I try to pity your ignorance - - a lot of you are kids who have no idea what you’re talking about. You don’t know your history and believe the “good life” is an entitlement. This type of thinking will haunt you and if you believe such casual dismissal of this crime is forgivable, you’re dead wrong. You will be paid back at some point in your life - - - -

@Hazzard
You don't have to agree, but don't get personal. If you don't have a usefull answer, you don't have to rely on flaming.

Interesting.

My dad mentioned the theory that Berg worked for the CIA, I think he is right now.

Berg was an "antenna repairman" who visitied Iraq and Iran? I don't think so.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "useful answer" - - I think a headless body is answer enough. But it's not - - I know that.

Hazzard said:
I'm not sure what you mean by a "useful answer" - -

By useful answer, he probably meant something useful that you can say and add to the discussion. He pointed out that all you did was rant and heave and did some name-calling but did not add anything to the discussion. I agree with him.

"By useful answer, he probably meant something useful that you can say and add to the discussion. He pointed out that all you did was rant and heave and did some name-calling but did not add anything to the discussion. I agree with him."

So a headless body adds nothing to the discussion?

I'am not sure what to believe. The point is that the bush administration lied on so many things that its easy to think they just made up another lie. They lost all trust long ago, and thats the soil where conspiracy therories grow.

And a headless body is only a proof that the body is no longer alive. It does not prove why he died (could be long before he was beheaded) or who killed him.

I don't think there will be enough evidence for the common world that this is a fake. Maybe its real. Everyone has decide for himself i suppose.

But just think about this: "Who lied once is never trusted again, even when he tells the truth".
The bush administration lied so often that i think a lot of people would not believe them when they tell that the world is round.

Top Bottom