Beta Release 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darque

Chaotic Lord of Dragonia
I want to release the first beta at the end of this month. I want to gage right now what realistically we can have completed by then. What I would like to see accomplished yet is:
  • Wonder buildings - how many models can we finish? Also I need to plug in some bonuses that the wonders give you.
  • Citysets - At this time, we still need the lizardfolk cityset to be completed. The Drow cityset will be nice to have, but not high priority.
  • Buildings - Nothing required. Contributions welcome if found.
  • Religious buildings - Nerullic shrine (Temporarily using crypt, but that it could use a facelift), Necropolis, Hall of Moradin's Forge, Heironean Temple
  • Units - See below
  • Civics - Acceptable completed for beta 1
  • Tech Tree - Acceptably completed for beta 1. Need to create new tech icons, but that is a low priority.
  • Spells/Promotions - I will create a few more spells. I'm not worried if all the spells are not ready for first beta. Promotions are acceptable for beta1.
  • Civ Histories - Still need histories written for Grey Orcs, Hazelfire, Isendorf, Jihish, Matsujima, Silver March, Thay, Undgu, and Wei. The histories that are written need to be added to the text XML.
Am I missing anything?
Spoiler Units to be completed :

Goblin:
  • Spearman (Done)
  • Spider rider
  • Axeman (Done)
Hobgoblin:
  • Swordsman (Done)
  • Pikeman (Done)
  • Longbowman
Lizardman:
  • Spearman (Done)
  • Pikeman (with trident) (Done)
  • Lizard Rider
  • Swordsman (Done)
  • Heavy Swordsman (Done)
  • Blowgunner (Done)
Other Units(if time allows in order):
  • Arachne (Drow Priestess of Lolth)
  • Sonnlinor (Dwarven Cleric of Moradin)
  • Discordian (Cleric of Hextor)
  • Feywarden (Elven Cleric of Corellon)
  • Lizard Longbowman
  • Drider
  • Drow spider rider
  • Drow War Spider
  • Blackguard (Paladin of Hextor)
  • Goblin Wolf Archer
  • Lizard Rider Archer
  • Goblin Heavy Wolf Rider (Cataphract)
  • Heavy Lizard Rider (Cataphract)
  • Drow Heavy Spider Rider (Cataphract)
  • Goblin Heavy Spider Rider (Cataphract)

This is the Mercurian Gate from FfH2. I think we could remove the statues and use this as the teleportation portal.

Attachments

• Gate0000.JPG
    Gate0000.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 312
Only five religious buildings to go? Super!

I'll look at what I have started tomorrow at work.

As far as Wonders, I've loaded winddelay down with several models to be textured from the pics hex provided. We'll need to sort out of I need to break out my GIMP again to start texturing instead of modeling. To be honest though, win is way better at this so if he's willing then it's worth the wait for him to squeeze them in.

I agree...you go ahead and keep modelling. We can refine the models and provide better textures later. If needed, I can also refine textures.

I am loading winddelay down myself with unit models ;) But I can help him with those in that once a base model is created, I can plug it into a couple of unit types myself, as well as doing some texture refinement.

[*]Religious buildings - still need a Tel'Seldarine Temple, Nerullic shrine, Necropolis, Mordinean Temple, Hall of Moradin's Forge, Heironean Temple, Heironean Shine, Sanctum of Heironeous

• Tel'Seldarine Temple - I had some ideas, but leaf transparencies tick me off. I'll think of something and beg win to help me finish it. Most likely I'll borrow Firaxis trees and drop a building in the center.
  • Nerullic Shrine - My crypt from 06 in the DB should be good enough.
  • Necropolis - win I think is taking care of this one
  • Mordinean Temple - I still need a nudge here. I can picture the inside, but not the outside of the building.
  • Hall of Moradin's Forge - Is this the one win made with the statue on top?
  • Heironean Temple - This is done and needs a texture. I made it about 3 months ago and forgot it.
  • Heironean Shine - I need a nudge here.
  • Sanctum of Heironeous - This is the big walled city? It's mostly done and in need of a complete texture

Is this what you had in mind for the Sanctum of Heironeous?

It isn't as detailed as you wanted, but it's a beast and serves it's purpose I think. It will eat city buildings though!

If it's good enough I'll zip it up for you. I'm not sure the DB needs it because who else would want it?

That's the Planar gate from FfH2? Looks fine, but we need to use that Mercurian Gate for something. It's simply too awesome not to.

Is that swapped for an airport in that screenie Darque? I always thought that the airport spawned on the outskirts of a town which is better IMO for a gate.

I still need that nudge for the Heironeous Shrine. I do have a 3 month old untextured model for the temple that should suffice.

I'll see if I can use both this portal and the Murcurian Gate from FFH2. I think I may be able to have the LSystem swap it out based on the cityset graphics. If I can get that to work, I'll probobly use the same idea for some other buildings to add even more flavor variety.
As for placing it on the outskirts of town, all I have to do is choose a larger Lsystem ;) I'll see what I can do with these ideas tonight.

The Mercurian Gate is over 15000 polys so that might not be a good choice. I'll try to remove the statues and see what can be done. I hope the effects and stuff export back how they should since they are way beyond my grasp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom