1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Grave, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

@Mylon

First of all your work is quite an improvement over the old simple larger radius modcomp. Waiting for a patch for fixing this forests thing. I am sure you can do it.

@Everybody

I vote for keeping Mylon's modcomp. (If I have a vote :lol: )

2. toft

toft King

For obvious reasons I vote to drop Mylon's mod :D

3. DrewBledsoe

DrewBledsoe Veteran QB

Thing is, Grave was only using it for the very large (Legendary City Status) cities to use 3 tiles. As it stands at present it seems to be using 4 tiles from ANY city to calculate healthiness and just as important (if not more) ai worker actions. This is really going to screw the ai over. Plus imagine this scenario (just one of many I've been thinking of). You start near a big flood plain with a lot of jungle in sight (highly possible). The unhealthiness would probably mean an unplayable game. There are several more scenarios as well, I won't bother listing, you get the idea....

For me, I don't really think 1.05 is playable until this "false radius" effect is fixed, it effects too many things. That probably means removing that modcomp entirely, as it also seems quite likely a culprit for CTD's that people are having. This will I assume need a new gamecore.dll. I too would welcome the 3 tile radius for Legendary cities, but as Mylon said earlier, he needs to rewrite it first.

Anyway its entirely up to Grave of course.....

4. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

DEAR GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!!!!!! :eek: :lol:

I definately need to look into this....

Thanks, I'll check it out...

I'd say... :p

You may be right...

It's not so hard to remove... just a few XML files and the SDK.

Really? :confused:

I'll look into this.

I put that in there because I use a few of the Warlords unit graphics. I wasn't sure if they were also included in BtS. Now that I think about it, the Leaderheads from WL are included in BtS, so the units are too, probably.

:wallbash:

Now that would be a neat idea. :cool:

Too bad I don't know how to do it. :(

You would need to open up the GraveEarth map with a word editor and modify it. Not hard to do... do a search in the tutorial section on how to do this.

I agree. This is what I call a "show-stopper". I think I may pull out Expanded City Radius until this forest health issue and maybe the CTD's are resolved.

I'll work on it now... should have v1.51 out here shortly. Hang tight. :)

5. CHE_GUEVARA

CHE_GUEVARA Chieftain

i had happened only once in my first 1.5 game, i had 32 health rate in my capital and 24 were from forest tiles... but that didn happend agein... so no problem..
    i love this mod ai.. they war eachother... they attack when the time is right..
    good job.. i think that the ai is the most difficult issue in and computer game...

6. DrewBledsoe

DrewBledsoe Veteran QB

Grave understands why this is happening (the insane forest health)and its being fixed at this moment. See the above posts for an explaination, mine shows it in pictures here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6455098&postcount=1246

7. Grave

Basically what I'm doing right now is commenting out all of Mylon's code from the SDK. I'm not removing it, just commenting it out... so that if/when he makes a fix for the "forest health" and/or CTD issue, all I need to do is update the code I already have in place.

Luckily, like Mylon said, he approached this mod with a "minimalist" approach, so all I really need to do is modify the SDK (easy) and adjust 1 XML files.

8. toft

toft King

I sure hope this is going to fix the CTD :D Been looking like crazy for another mod for BTS, but there isnt really any... qualified :lol:

9. Grave

Well, the "forest health" issue is fixed...

Let me look at a couple other things, then I'll upload Patch v1.51.

Attached Files:

10. DrewBledsoe

DrewBledsoe Veteran QB

Call me "Mr Picky", but why is the "city screen view" now almost out in space ?:lol:

11. Grave

It works, I just tested it. I loaded a Marine onto it and transported it across an ocean tile.

SPECIALUNIT_GROUND_UNITS consist of: Special Forces, AT Infantry, Infantry, SAM Infantry, Marines, Mechanized Infantry, Tanks, Modern Armor.

While I'm at it, I'll update the text file so that's a little clearer.

Mr Picky,

That was also from Mylon's mod. It's defined in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml. I removed those tags, too. No more outer space zoom.

12. Grave

PATCH v1.51 IS RELEASED!!!!!

This is what is updated for v1.51:
    Spoiler :

v1.51
    - Removed Mylon’s Expanded City Radius mod
    - Fixed Pedia text for SPECIALUNIT_GROUND_UNITS
    - Clam now revealed with Fishing

Please see Post #2 for download info.

13. trevort

trevort Corporal of Marines

Great Job. I can play HiTM v1.5 and no CTD. But, I'm still having trouble with the Bug Mod options screen. I pressed Ctrl + Alt + O. Bug Mod Options screen opens up. I select sevopedia. Click exit to close Bug Mod and it doesn't close. And I can't play with it open. I didn't have this problem with whatever version of Bug Mod was in HiTM v1.4. At least I can play v1.5 now, I just can't open the Bug Mod Options screen.

14. Grave

It's the same BUG Mod... v2.20. There were no changes made to it between v1.04 and v1.5.

I've tested this Sevopedia thing you mentioned personally... I didn't run into the same problem you did. It worked fine for me.

Try this instead...

Go into the History in the Making Config.ini file and enable the Sevopedia that way. Try that and report back to me, soldier. :)

15. Canabrava

Canabrava Prince

New version! Cool! Downloading it!

Another sugestion is a Airbase. Forts can suport 3 or 4 airplanes. I think this number is too low. A worker could build a airbase to 10 planes or another number.

I were playing Earth Map and i build forts in some island to serves like airbase. I liked, its very usefull, but need more airplanes in same plot.

I didn't played 1.5 version, but i suggest some improves in Earth Map. Would be nice if all civs access to Oil and Aluminium. Isn't so cool when you arrives in modern age and don't have acess to oil or aluminuim, or just a few had it. I think oil and aluminium needs some balance to all nations could be strong.

Another sugestion is America. It's too land to 2,5 civs. Inca need a land way to all south america, or put Maya in Brazil and Aztec in México. Maybe put natives americans in New York, Aztec in Mexico, Maya in Venezuela and Inca with some land way to south america.

I liked this map, very fun play!

More sugestion:

All planes -50% or something against naval units, and create a modern jet plane with naval atack, like a fighter/bomber can sunk a ship in the port. Would be nice a plane to sink ships, if you dont have a great navy but a good air unit productiom , could be a good defense. Su-34!

And you can creat a AA ship, to defend a naval squad.

Just some suggestion to this mod!

sorry my very bad english.

16. trevort

trevort Corporal of Marines

Grave, that did the trick. I think sevopedia is the only thing I need to mess with in Bug Mod. Thanks man. No, not soldier. Marine. Jarhead. Devil Dog. Any of those would be acceptable.

17. söör

söör Chieftain

Hi!

Multiplayer it is possible to play a game. Sole problem , the scores display cannot be seen. How would it be possible to repair it?

18. DrewBledsoe

DrewBledsoe Veteran QB

Nice one Grave :goodjob: All the "extra tile radius problems" you picked up and have gone.

Very small bugette with Sumer:- Sickleswordmen only need copper to build (which is fine) but surely they should need Iron Working Tech? I could build them with BW the second my Copper was connected, which made for a very quick dead Persia (oh and then a dead Ottoman, viscious so and sos these Sumerians, or maybe it was down to their leader? :lol: )

19. dasvidania

dasvidania Warlord

With patch 1.51 installed i have the same problems: if i use terra2 or perfectworld map in Custom Game , i have an error: empy map and the game is blocked !!, but if i use in custome game "custom continent", for exemple, i don't have any problems.

20. toft

toft King

Great! I just tested it, and I dont get any CTD from building cities :goodjob: