[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

I also do not believe it is a virus.
AVG Professional is more paranoid than most (Which is what threw up the flag for me) but it said it was a trojan - SHeur.ATVG
Says it is in both the 1.5 main mod & the 1.54 patch as well.

I guess it is possible the Public FTP where the download is located may have been hacked? As far as I can gather, this sort of thing is often put into a file by websites.
I will submit the patch to AVG, and ask them to check it out - then we will know.

EDIT.
I am unable to zip or RAR the file - I get a permission not available type message. I have attached a screenshot of the warning here.

Attachments

• Warning.JPG
    Warning.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 117
Actually using AVG with fully up to date virus difinitions I get the message that the files are infected with "Trojan Horse SHeur.AVTG"

Do a google on that name and you'll find other people who've seen this and believe its a false positive - I'm betting on that

\Skodkim

Actually using AVG with fully up to date virus difinitions I get the message that the files are infected with "Trojan Horse SHeur.AVTG"

Do a google on that name and you'll find other people who've seen this and believe its a false positive - I'm betting on that

\Skodkim

I did this.
I am also seeing other sites & people who think it is a nasty attached by a hacked website.
What I would like to know is what it is allegedly going to do.
I also cannot zip it or RAR it, as permission is denied.
I would not mind betting I 3would be unable to run it either - not that I have any intentions of trying until I am certain it is - as we suspect - a false positive.
I have mailed AVG to find out from them - if it is a false flag, they will update their software within days - they are very good like that!

I don't think there is.;) (And BTW, I just DL-ed as instructed. The virus message appeared out of nowhere: I already had HitM installed - no virus, then after a day or more virus warning! It didn't make any sense, really.)

That really does sound like a classic false positive, but then it's also possible that the anti-virus software only just got updated to detect something that was always there (lets hope not)...Its also strange that only AVG is detecting this...

AVG Professional is more paranoid than most (Which is what threw up the flag for me) but it said it was a trojan - SHeur.ATVG

I guess it is possible the Public FTP where the download is located may have been hacked? As far as I can gather, this sort of thing is often put into a file by websites.
I will submit the patch to AVG, and ask them to check it out - then we will know.

EDIT.
I am unable to zip or RAR the file - I get a permission not available type message. I have attached a screenshot of the warning here.

\Skodkim

I hope so too...

I did this.
I am also seeing other sites & people who think it is a nasty attached by a hacked website.
What I would like to know is what it is allegedly going to do.
I also cannot zip it or RAR it, as permission is denied.
I would not mind betting I 3would be unable to run it either - not that I have any intentions of trying until I am certain it is - as we suspect - a false positive.
I have mailed AVG to find out from them - if it is a false flag, they will update their software within days - they are very good like that!

Please let us know what they say.....

Even more annoyingly, I only a couple of days ago, deleted my own 1.5 exe , and 1.54 patch files :wallbash:, otherwise I'd upload duplicates to Rapidshare (or one of the like) to test....

Nevermind, I feel that it will all amount to nothing, and of course Grave has the originals if they need to be re-uploaded.

For some reason I can only choose between two maps to play on with this mod. I can use terra 2 or perfect world but that's it. I assume this isn't normal so I'm wondering what's wrong. I could see if they're the only "custom" maps but I can't even select a generic pangea, island or any of the other usual map types. Has anyone else run into this problem or is this how it's meant to be?

For some reason I can only choose between two maps to play on with this mod. I can use terra 2 or perfect world but that's it. I assume this isn't normal so I'm wondering what's wrong. I could see if they're the only "custom" maps but I can't even select a generic pangea, island or any of the other usual map types. Has anyone else run into this problem or is this how it's meant to be?

It was a slight omission, download the version 1.54 patch (in post 2) and this should fix things.....and welcome to the forums :band: ;)

I am very interested in trying a PLANETERY map at the slowest speed in this mod. I love massive, long, drawn out games. I have a few questions before I start my new game with this mod.

I forget, is the name of the slowest speed in this mod ODYSSEY?

How many turns is it?

How many turns is Marathon?

What is the size of a HUGE map?

What is the size of a PLANETARY map?

Would I be able to run a PLANETARY map with my new PC (An HP desktop with 3GB of RAM, an AMD quad-core Phenom 9500 processor, and an NVIDIA 8500 GT graphins card (256MB)) without too much slow down at the end of the game?

Is there anything else I need to know before starting a game on PLANETARY/ODYESSEY and the History In The Making mod?

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

Thanks for info, the 2nd will probably fix that Taliban bug mentioned earlier in thread...I'm sure Grave will include both in his next version....Dale is also beta testing a newer version of DCM, that looks like it will be ready for inclusion in next version of HiTM:)

DrewBledsoe, do you think there's any chance you could post a fix that includes the latest version of JKP1187's events now that Grave is taking a well deserved break?

Seems there's some pretty good stuff in there but I daren't mess with those files myself since it includes python.

\Skodkim

DrewBledsoe, do you think there's any chance you could post a fix that includes the latest version of JKP1187's events now that Grave is taking a well deserved break?

Seems there's some pretty good stuff in there but I daren't mess with those files myself since it includes python.

\Skodkim

Sorry, I'd then feel obliged to add in new versions of the other mods included in HiTM, and

1) I'm only really "babysitting" the thread for Grave and it isn't my place to start releasing new patches for him

and more importantly

2) I'm not 100% familiar (or sure) what he's actually included of others mods, and don't have any access to Grave's originals....

However, I will attempt to fix any bugs that have a major effect on HiTM or overly adversely effect gameplay....sorry :(

Great News.
I can definitely confirm this is a false flag re that Trojan Report.
I have had this confirmed by AVG Tech.

Sorry, I'd then feel obliged to add in new versions of the other mods included in HiTM, and

1) I'm only really "babysitting" the thread for Grave and it isn't my place to start releasing new patches for him

and more importantly

2) I'm not 100% familiar (or sure) what he's actually included of others mods, and don't have any access to Grave's originals....

However, I will attempt to fix any bugs that have a major effect on HiTM or overly adversely effect gameplay....sorry :(

That's fine.

Would have done it myself but I'm also unsure about whether Grave has merged the files with other mods (the promotions xml file needs a small adjustment, that much I know).

Grave, perhaps you can answer this?

\Skodkim

It was a slight omission, download the version 1.54 patch (in post 2) and this should fix things.....and welcome to the forums :band: ;)

Thanks a lot, worked like a charm. I would've quit playing the mod if those were the only maps I could use. Sometimes I just like massive land wars w/o having to bother with shipping a ton of troops overseas.

I'm playing an Epic game now and I came to realise that this mod is really good. Balanced, 99.9% flawless but most of all fun. Yet I realised that 2 things might actually make this mod even more fun to play.

Fun with a twist maybe for the first idea: chemical warfare. If you look into WW1 then you see the power of chemical warfare in its full glory. Later, in the 1980's, Iraq used it against Iran with many casualties as a result. I think chemical weapons should "eradicate" units. Maybe not all units in a tile but a certain number.

My second suggestion is consequences for wartime atrocities. I.e., when firing artillery at Rome you accidentily kill some civilizians. This results in -1 in towards your diplomacy stance for all other nations, possibly also resulting in partisans appearing.

Fun with a twist maybe for the first idea: chemical warfare. If you look into WW1 then you see the power of chemical warfare in its full glory. Later, in the 1980's, Iraq used it against Iran with many casualties as a result. I think chemical weapons should "eradicate" units. Maybe not all units in a tile but a certain number.

I'm not sure if I'd want or use chemical weapons, but I do like to consider how history can be represented in this game...so, I'll bite.

I'm guessing the visual effect would be that yellow unhealthiness cloud that shows up over cities sometimes.

Perhaps it's a promotion available to artillery and later siege weapons, as well as cruise missiles. It should destroy cottage and pasture improvements in the target zone, but make farms and plantations produce more at no cost.

There would be a diplomatic negative for building them, and another for using them. There would be another UN Resolution number to ban them . There would be unhappiness for having these units in your cities, so they probably would be kept in forts.

So would it kill cavalry, or cause it to withdraw? Should it destroy the units with the oldest equipment first? Should air and sea units be immune, or would they be destoyed too if they were in a city when it was gassed.

For that matter, I can't think of an example of chemicals being used on an actual city in history, so I don't know what the losses would be.

Anyone else had problems downloading this mod? Everytime (3 times) Ive tried, its got to 99% and Ive had an error come saying something about not being allowed access to the file?

Hello,
Keep getting a CTD. Saved game is attached.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

- Map you were using (include size, map script, any options you set). - Large on marathon, no barbarians or space race everything else normal.

- What operating system are you using? (XP, Vista... is it 32-bit, 64-bit, etc). XP

- What Civs were in the game (or were selected to play on the map). I'm playing as england. AI was Carthage, Israel, America, Byzantine, Japan, Holy Rome, Texas

- The Civ you were using. England
- If the CTD occurs while loading HiTM or a map, please try and tell me where on the loading bar the CTD occurs- N/A occurs when the turn ends.

Attachments

• growth.CivBeyondSwordSave
    841.4 KB · Views: 61
Anyone else had problems downloading this mod? Everytime (3 times) Ive tried, its got to 99% and Ive had an error come saying something about not being allowed access to the file?

Well, it did take a lot of patience for me to get it installed and operational, and it was certainly worth it. That is not one of the particular problems I'd exxperienced. Although, I think I did have better luck with one of my anti-viral programs turned off during the process.

Wow, the thread has been pretty busy in my absense. :king:

Welcome back Grave, I am playing as America. Sorry I didn't include that bit of info.

Thanks. I'll look into this.

Hi
Just wanted to let you know that there's a 1.03 version of Bhruics supplementary unofficial patch and JKP1187's events is at version 1.17 now.

Hope you find the time to include both at some point.

\Skodkim

Yes. I plan on doing ALOT of updating to HiTM once I get back into Civ4 again!

Note to Grave and To Self: The Roman 2nd UU Unit (Sagittarii) doesn't seem any different from a standard Horse Archer atm, since version 1.54., before anyone else points this out......(not that Rome really need anything else ;))

Well I'll be damned! :lol:

This will get fixed, too.

No, I'm playing it in English. I carefully read the notice in the first post that told me that this only works in English and changed the language.

These are the XML Errors I have as soon as I start HitM:
- (Tag: SPECIALBUILDING_POWER_PLANT in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Buildings/Civ4BuildingInfos.xml)x4
- Tag: BUILDINGCLASS_SPECIAL_OPERATIONS in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Buildings/Civ4BuildingInfos.xml
- Tag: SPECIALBUILDING_POWER_PLANT in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Buildings/Civ4BuildingInfos.xml
- Tag: UNITCLASS_SHAOLIN_MONK in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: modules\hitm additional unique content\hitm additional unique units_civ4civilizationinfos.xml
- Tag: BUILDINGCLASS_SPECIAL_OPERATIONS in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: modules\hitm additional unique content\hitm additional unique content_civ4civilizationinfos.xml
And when I load the game, my computer just tells me that there is an error in the game and that the program has to be closed.

You have the most current patch, correct?

to Grave
Thank you for this mod. It`s realy!!! interesting, with good ballance time&tech :goodjob: . I`m post info about your mod on russian civ4 fansite forum http://www.civfanatics.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=7188
There was some questions: do you planing to integrate "Revolution" and "Terraforming/planting forest" mods?
terraforming mod http://blacksun.civfanatics.ru/ for bts 3.13 http://blacksun.civfanatics.ru/dwn.php?get=btsterraform313.rar
it`s include
1. terraforming with AI
2. Police unit (suppresses weariness from war in cities)
3. planting forest with AI

Sorry for my english :)

Thanks! :goodjob:

To answer your questions:

1) I'm not familiar with this mod. I'll have to look at it first.

2) I had a police unit in the Warlords version. I wasn't happy with it, so I left it out. But, if you look at my Promotions, you'll notice that there is a promotion that will reduce city unrest. You can't use it in game (yet), as I still am trying to find a neat way of using it, sans Police units.

3) I believe the AI can do this already in BtS.

Has anyone else got a Virus warning from this Mod & the patch at all?
I ask as after I downloaded it, I went to transfer it to my laptop via USB stick, and AVG 7 Pro (not the free edition) triggered a Trojan Horse alert:
SHeur.ATVG

Is this real, or just a false flag please?

Indeed: starting up this morning my anti-virus program fixed a Trojan horse from the 1.5 exe.:eek:

(Which is kinda odd, as it hadn't been reported before...)

I don't think there is.;) (And BTW, I just DL-ed as instructed. The virus message appeared out of nowhere: I already had HitM installed - no virus, then after a day or more virus warning! It didn't make any sense, really.)

EDIT.

\Skodkim

Great News.
I can definitely confirm this is a false flag re that Trojan Report.
I have had this confirmed by AVG Tech.

THIS IS A FALSE POSITIVE REPORT!

No need to be alarmed. I have AVG too, and this morning when I updated my virus definitions and ran a scan, all my HiTM .exe files were flagged as a Trojan Horse. I was like, WTF!?!?

So I did a quick Google search, and it appears that alot of gamers use the same EXE install creator that I do. It's also been verified by AVG that this is a false positive, so do not worry.

My second suggestion is consequences for wartime atrocities. I.e., when firing artillery at Rome you accidentily kill some civilizians. This results in -1 in towards your diplomacy stance for all other nations, possibly also resulting in partisans appearing.

Chemical Warfare: Something I've wanted to do for a long time, but don't have the coding abilities to implement it the way I want to.

War Crimes: Again, another idea that I wanted to do for a long time, but also again, don't have the coding abilities to implement the way I want to.

-----------------------------------

Thanks again to Drew for keeping the thread going! This will be the last time I'll have a chance to check the forums until April, as I'm going to be busy moving to the east coast, so my computer and interweb will be down until I get set up in my new pad. :cool:

ABG have corrected the false flag now - neither file gets flagged any more.
I am sorry for causing false alarm, and am looking forward to playing this mod.

Top Bottom