[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

I know how frustrated you are Cross Cowboy. I have exact same issues with HITM. Installed the mod etc etc. But as soon as ive played about 20 turns I get CTD. NO matter what map I use. Longest game I got wa to 2880bc. I dont understand why. I tried that RoM Mod and it works just sometimes I get the Memory Allocaion Error. But thats caus that mod is full of so much stuff it needs 500000 billion gig of ram but still managed to play upto nuclear age before getting nuked to death. lol. HITM looks way better and from what I get to play... all 20ish turns... I really do love the look of it and also it dont need mega ram to play it. I would love to know why for many peeps they copy the mod over and ... da daaaaa. works great. Yet for other peeps the game says... screw you :( :(

I use a LAPTOP with Intel core duo processor 2.ghz
3gb ram
Nvidea Geforce9300 with about 2gb memory. cant remember exact.

so its more than capable... mega bad thing......------> VISTA oh... also using the civ4 complete dvd if that matters

I know some people have issues with Civ Complete so I copied over this from the First page that Grave put up:

Q: I have the Civ Complete DVD and I can't get this mod to work. Why?
A: Civ Complete uses different directory and registry settings that prevent HiTM to work correctly. But, thanks to Azzer, he's found a work around so users of the Civ Complete DVD can safely play HiTM. See Post #787 to read how he fixed the problem. For further reading, please see this thread as well as this thread for some background information on why Civ Complete DVD doesn't work with HiTM (until you perform Azzer's fix).

I dont know how to make links to certain posts, but that may help you out. I toohave Vista and wonder if its because Vista puts files in different places. IMHO, this is the best mod out there...fun as heck with all the different UB's, and UU's and just everything. I hate posting about how stuff doesnt work, because Im afraid Grave will get discouraged and stop with the mod. Still, he and many others are so great to help out, plus by posting, its possible we can all figure something out. Try that above post, which can be found down aways on the first page, and see if that leads anywhere! :)

i checked that post a while back. The images displaying the lines that needed to be added wud never load up. Just a lil box with a red cross through. Tried looking for the source of the image and nothing. I know its not my Explorer program as other images in posts work. I love the work Grave and any other modders do. Something one day I may look into doing myself and I can imagine how much of a pain it must be when things work great for the modder but then all these other probs appear from peeps around the world with probs left right and center.

Thanks for trying to help Cross Cowboy. Appriciate it. Hopefully the prob will be sorted eventually. :)

I know some people have issues with Civ Complete so I copied over this from the First page that Grave put up:

Q: I have the Civ Complete DVD and I can't get this mod to work. Why?
A: Civ Complete uses different directory and registry settings that prevent HiTM to work correctly. But, thanks to Azzer, he's found a work around so users of the Civ Complete DVD can safely play HiTM. See Post #787 to read how he fixed the problem. For further reading, please see this thread as well as this thread for some background information on why Civ Complete DVD doesn't work with HiTM (until you perform Azzer's fix).

I dont know how to make links to certain posts, but that may help you out. I toohave Vista and wonder if its because Vista puts files in different places. IMHO, this is the best mod out there...fun as heck with all the different UB's, and UU's and just everything. I hate posting about how stuff doesnt work, because Im afraid Grave will get discouraged and stop with the mod. Still, he and many others are so great to help out, plus by posting, its possible we can all figure something out. Try that above post, which can be found down aways on the first page, and see if that leads anywhere! :)

I find this weird, because I recently got Civ Complete, and when looking in the registry, it already had installdir there.

How is Pirates Mod working? When I add barbarian ships with cargo space with world builder they never have a crew. And I've never seen an invasion.

Oh and how do I stop AI autoplay? ctrl+shift+x seems to be unlimited. cannot stop, even not by loading a save game. :D

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5541385&postcount=4

Hi there.

I hope this is the correct place to report HITM CTD's - Heres mine.

Ive just started my first 3.0 game with Egypt. Anout 30 turns into it it consistently crashes. From the timing and the feel of it I *think* its an issue with first contact with a civ, but it CTD's right after pressing enter, so i do not know for sure. (This is the first civ that ive bumped into so im not sure if its civ specific or just a general contact issue).

I reloaded the auto save and went through it a couple of times with exactly the same result.

The save attached is the save right before the CTD - Just press enter and you will experience it.

I run Vista 64 (Whoops) and start the game with the CIV 4 mod chooser. I don't remember a similar problem on 2.x versions, though its been a while since ive played.

Gut feeling is that it relates to a specific civ, but i know nowt really :) Im gonna play variants etc, see if i can be more usefull - ill post if i have anything to add.

Good job on the Mod though.

This Civ you think you're running into... wouldn't be the Sumerians, would it? :confused:

i'm confused do i need war lords for this?

Actually, no, I don't think you do. Yes, I know it says you need Warlords, but I remember a time way back when (when I released the BtS version) that certain people who did not have Warlords installed would run into "red blobs" with certain Warlords units not showing up in the game.

So the answer is... no, you do not need Warlords. I just didn't change the "system requirements".

C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\HISTORY IN THE MAKING\Assets

That is the entire listing it takes me to get to my HiTM assets. Well i guess not the assets part as that means im in the folder.

Are you SURE you're installing the second Interim Fix in the correct location? Maybe it's me, but it sounds like you're putting it straight into your Assets folder.

Look it over again: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7925187&postcount=2772

Once you unzip the Interim Fix to your Desktop, are you putting it in your HiTM Root directory, or into the Assets directory?

This Civ you think you're running into... wouldn't be the Sumerians, would it?

Well, i Dont know - I just get a CTD when i press enter. I was only guessing that its a problem with meeting a Civ, and i certainly cant tell you which civ that is :)

Well, i Dont know - I just get a CTD when i press enter. I was only guessing that its a problem with meeting a Civ, and i certainly cant tell you which civ that is :)

I was going to say... if it's the Sumerians, the patch should address that.

You can if you "cheat' a bit. First find out if the Sumerians are in your game, that saves Grave some trouble. You can best do this with the World Editor. Also change diplomacy there so that you've met everyone. Then in the game select "View all Friendly Moves" and "View all Enemy Moves". Press spacebar and keep track of when the game CTD's.

On turn 2775 BC, my civ is the North American Empire with Sitting Bull as leader.
On turn 2750 BC, the civ is the Byzantine Empire with Justanian.

Map : largest one (huge or Gigantic)
Civs were in the game: NA Empire & Chinese until the changeover, then Byzantine and Khmer (but the new civs have differrent cities, units, map location)

I was playing Rhye's and Fall of Civs before this game - could some of that code have carried over?

Please tell me how I can play as Sitting Bull again - I was doing well for a change. :)

On turn 2775 BC, my civ is the North American Empire with Sitting Bull as leader.
On turn 2750 BC, the civ is the Byzantine Empire with Justanian.

Map : largest one (huge or Gigantic)
Civs were in the game: NA Empire & Chinese until the changeover, then Byzantine and Khmer (but the new civs have differrent cities, units, map location)

I was playing Rhye's and Fall of Civs before this game - could some of that code have carried over?

Please tell me how I can play as Sitting Bull again - I was doing well for a change. :)

Did you install the patch or not?

I am honored by your speedy response! :worship:
Great mod, by the way. I've played your earlier versions but this is the first time with 3.00.

I installed 3.01 but only after I started the game under 3.00.
If I load an earlier date, such as 2800 BC, would that help?

I am honored by your speedy response! :worship:
Great mod, by the way. I've played your earlier versions but this is the first time with 3.00.

I installed 3.01 but only after I started the game under 3.00.
If I load an earlier date, such as 2800 BC, would that help?

I always recommend not to continue a game when updating HiTM with a patch. It sometimes causes unpredictable results to your game (especially if a new DLL is introduced).

Thank you. I figured as much.
Was this a known bug, and how can I tell what version of HitM is running?
Thanks again. :goodjob:

It was a known bug... until the second Interim Fix corrected it. It will also be fixed in the next patch.

And how to know which patch you're running... a good way is to look at the Change Log.

Top Bottom