Bhall...

The gods to seem fairly connected to the 7 deadly sins, but the connection isn't perfect. I don't see how Mammon, God of Greed, could be something other than greed or maybe envy. Aeron would definitely embody lust and gluttony, and likly most of te others too. I'd expect Agares to be closest to Acedia (despair), although that deadly sin is generally subsumed under the category of sloth in modern lists.

Interesting. Do I smell a trivia question in the making? If you want my guesses as to how they may or may not relate to the gods:
Sloth/Despair: Mulcarn, or maybe Agares.
Greed: Mammon, perhaps Esus.
Envy: Esus, perhaps Mammon.
Pride: Agares or Ceridwen.
Wrath: Camulos
Lust: Aeron
Gluttony: Mulcarn's Hell is described as somewhat similar to the circle of the gluttonous in Dante's inferno. Best I can do.

So, by process of elimination and placing gods most appropriately:
Sloth/Despair: Agares.
Greed: Mammon.
Envy: Esus.
Pride: Ceridwen.
Wrath: Camulos.
Lust: Aeron.
Gluttony: Mulcarn?

Mulcarn- Sloth
Mammon- Greed
Camulos- Wrath
Aeron- Lust (and Gluttony)
Agares- Despair
Esus- Envy
Ceridwen- Pride

Gluttonly and Lust are just as similar as Sloth and Despair. The first two are insatiable appetites or desires, while the second two are self destructive possibly due to lack of desire, weak will, or weakend desire. In this case, I see the sins best represented as 8 deadly sins, unless of course society was reconstructed to accomadate for Lust to no longer be a sin.

Regardless, we have 7 gods, and this schema works better for the 8 deadly sins ;)

An alternative would be to get rid of Gluttony altogether, as it seems far too specific. Lusts can be for power, food, or flesh, albeit food and flesh are biologically the closest hormones to each other, ergo chemically the things making you want to eat and procreate are nearly identical.

I think Bhaal fell for Lust. She has a bit of a thing going on with Agares I reckon.

Oh, did I make that up? That's just what I've always assumed she fell for. After all she's practically moved in with him right?

Sure she's been in a coma for a few hundred years but... :mischief:

FFH2 the soap opera: Agares, the bad boy, has seduced Bhall, the fiery catholic girl. Sirona, everyone's little sister is greatly saddened over this and wants her to come back. Junil, the single father, is very angry and is demanding for her to come home. Everyone is still saddened over the death of Mulcarn, with the exceotion of Junil who said 'good riddance'. Danalin, everyone's friend, has slipped into a coma and might not recover. After being seemingly mortally wounded by Mulcarn, Sucellus has pulled through thanks to his fiance, Nantosuelta. Cerunnos, a hippie who just moved in, is still trying to save the park from being turned into an apartment building. Tali is still living a carefree life, surviving off of the large airplane company he owns. Uncle Lugus is trying to return Agares' Angels to the light with good deeds, being far more forgiving than his brother. Amatheon is still trying to find a market for his masterpieces and is living off of unemployment. Dagda is still trying to keep the peace between Agares' Angels and Junil's family and friends.
(Am I the only one who can picture Agares in black leather on a motorcycle?)
;)

Well, Sirona would be more like the little sister, and Junil the single father, but very funny.

Yeah, Sirona is the little sister of every gods, even the evil gods allow her to visit them, only thing that's keeping them from completely going insane and killing each other, Iguess.

Even the evil gods view her as a little sister whose opinions don't matter, but that doesn't mean they let her visit them peacefully. It has been stated that Sucellus is the only good god who can visit Nyx without battle. I suspect that Ceridwen fears Sirona could have too much influence on Agares if they did get close, and so would not let her get that far.

Ah, who is Nyx? or is Nyx the name of the machine of hell?

Nyx is the name of the secret world Agares made, whose inhabitants were led to believe that Agares was the only god. It was once the most glorious world after the True Heaven, but when The One left Agares killed all the residents of his world and reduced it to ash. It now serves as his vault, the deepest hell, and the last stage of the machine. It was a world of total darkness, until parts of it were illuminated by the flames of the fallen Bhall who now abides there.

anyways, im pretty sure its stated somewhere that Bhall fell for pride. Yet I dont see Bhall fitting into the sins Machinima

Wait, why is Sucellus allowed there? When was that said?

Kael said it in one of his posts. The gods see Sucellus as a reincarnation of Nemed (since the identity is so closely tied to the sphere), and they all (well, probably excluding Mulcarn) respected Nemed greatly for being willing to give up his godhood in order to form the human race.

The pedia used to include a meeting between Sucellus and Agares in Nyx where they discussed such things as the 3 brothers stealing 3 gems of creation, but that disappeared quite a while ago.

Kael said it in one of his posts. The gods see Sucellus as a reincarnation of Nemed (since the identity is so closely tied to the sphere), and they all (well, probably excluding Mulcarn) respected Nemed greatly for being willing to give up his godhood in order to form the human race.

The pedia used to include a meeting between Sucellus and Agares in Nyx where they discussed such things as the 3 brothers stealing 3 gems of creation, but that disappeared quite a while ago.

Its one of the old handouts I gave to the players between sessions to make them feel like the world was bigger than just them. Here it is:

It was a place so it dark it would drive the mortal mind mad.

“Why would you create a place like this? You remember as well as I the pleasures of heaven, it was place of light of beauty. I can’t believe you still don’t yearn for it as I do.”

“It is because I remember it that I created this place.” Agares responded from an area somehow blacker than the rest. “I have created grand palaces, entire worlds of starlight and gold and the imperfection of them screams out to me. So fresh is my memory of heaven that I can see nothing but the flaws of everything else. Doesn’t it anger you that everything you create is lacking that basic perfection that he so easily made?”

Sucellus stood silently, in the limitless emptiness of this place Agares almost palatable jealousy writhed and finally settled.

Finally Agares spoke again. “Why have you come here?”

“To ask a question. So long ago you stole those crystals out of Heaven, you secreted them away so that you would retain the power to create.”

Agares exploded again in anger. “So that we would have the power to create! The burden I bore I did for all of us. You can create freely now, using the gift that I provided, all the while cursing me for it. Do not continue your hypocrisy here. I am your rescuer and he is your jailer, do not confuse the two.”

Again Sucellus waited. When Agares’s anger settled he continued with his question. “Then why allow the men to find them, they had remained hidden for so long. What could possibly come of it?”

“Why do you think that I had anything to do with it?”

When did this take place? The Age of Magic?
The darkness driving people mad sounds like Nightfall...

If Sucellus is the current God of Life (which seems likely, although it is not stated), then it happened in the Age of Rebirth. When exactly were the gems stolen that it is only being questioned now?

But ... Nemed is still trapped by the immortal "wife" of man ... isn't he? (Nemed is trapped somewhere in the Sheiam palace or underneath it by Os-gabella)

I think the fact that Sucellus was allowed to enter Nyx without combat indicates that he already held the precept of Life instead of Nature, as it was the respect he received from being seen as Nemed reborn that earned him that pass down there.

Yes, Nemed is still trapped by Os-Gabella. He may be physically under Galveholm or possibly in the Bair of Lacuna which just happens to have a passage that leads to Galveholm when Os-Gabella wants it to.

(One big problem I have with the Mammon Cycle is that Nemed is not shown as having the sort of Immortality that Gabella has. If he did, then he would have healed instantly from having his genitals ripped off by his wife, but instead he needed Sirona's help. Being physically vulnerable like this makes it seem quite unlikely that he would still be uninjured after eons of torture at the hands of his first wife, and it would makes her experiments on him pretty useless to her.)

It doesn't seem like any references to the gems being stolen by mortals remain in the civilopedia. The old history entry speaks of the three brothers as a rumor spreading in the Age of Rebirth, seeming to imply that these mortal gods are still around. The fact that they already have a constellation though may imply that it was an older occurrence that has had time to pass on into myth, probably meaning it happened in the Age of Magic.

Top Bottom